Left

Separated worlds

The maids and servants were calling out for me. 

I was yet again cooped up in the attic that nobody visits. It was my favourite place to be at. Quiet and all to myself. The wallpaper on the walls were old and peeling off. The wooden floor makes occassional creaks. I sat on the floor, my back against an old rusty mirror, the corners all covered with rust. 

"Prince SangHyuk." They call me. It sounded sick to me now. I felt so suffocated in such an environment. "You can't do that, Prince." or " You can't do this, Prince.".

"You're a prince, SangHyuk. Behave like one and stop giving me trouble."

Fat droplets raced down my cheeks and fell like rain onto my clothes, leaving a stain.

I was never happy. I had no friends. I had nobody. I had nothing.

I stood up after a while, dusting off the dust on my clothes and ready to leave.

Then, I saw a figure. 

A male in all white stood reflected in the mirror. He had a charming smile and his hair was a midnight shade of black. He held up his hands and smiled happily at me. In a state of confusion, I held my hands to his and stared into his beautiful eyes. 

"I am a wizard." he winked and smiled yet again. It was bright, almost blinding but I like it. I like it so much.

I froze for a while, then stuttered, "can you call my name?"

"SangHyuk." 

And the magic was casted.

His touch felt so real, as though the mirror wasn't there. It was so warm and so filled with kindness. It brought tears to my eyes unknowingly.

-

Again today, I sat by the mirror, happily chatting with him. It had became an everday activity for me to do so. The quiet room filled with the noise of sobs were replaced with a million laughters.

He held my hand and told me jokes. Gave me the happiness I longed to have and I was happy. He granted my wishes. Made my muscular dystrophy disappeared, made me well again.

He granted all my dreams and wishes but something remained empty. I fell in love.

In love with the male who gave me everything I wanted.

"HongBin, don't ever leave me." I stretched out my hands and held his, his warmth spreading throughout my entire self.

He simply smiled an almost apologetic smile.

-

One day, he stood in the mirror, looking as if he was so distant away. 

He had on a sad smile as he greeted me.

The magic ran out all too soon. My dreams have all became reality. I was happy and well again. 

"I have to leave soon..." 

My eyes grew wide and tears poured out involuntarily. "Don't go please."

"The spell will break if I don't." he lowered his head, the sad smile remained on his face nonetheless. "I have to bid you farewell..."

I stuttered out, "Don't say it please..."

"I beg you please, don't cry." a single tear ran down his cheeks but the smile remained untouched.

I hid my face in my hands. "Don't go."

"I've just returned whatever you've given me." he smiled. "your smile and your tears, I'll never forget them, so, I beg you please don't ever..."

"Forget me" the mirror shattered into a million shards. 

I dropped on my knees and screamed loudly. Hot tears blurring my sight and running down my cheeks from my already swollen eyes.

Even if you have no more magic, even if I have to revert everything to its original form, I would've done so, just to stay with you.

In your parallel world, everything is reversed. Opposite destinies that should never had crossed roads. I got my illness, you remained healthy. I took the illness for you, you wish to repay me but I would give everything back to get you back just once more.

For years, no matter how long, I'll polish this mirror and wait here, right here for you. I just want to meet you once more, just once would be good enough. I'll wait for you here forever, HongBin.

-

Okay I apologize for this super short one. Like I really didn't knew it would turn out to be such a short story. 

And I do think that this is just enough to make one sad but not enough to bring tears hahaha.

Anyways, I really think this should belong to fluff but meh.