kkeut

Slow Build
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you ra7oom for the plot, should i call you my co-author? idk this is a first anyways guys i hope you like it...

 

 

The door slammed behind me, the music on my phone was turned up to max volume making the headphones blare in my ears to shut out the screams. I jumped onto my bed and pulled the covers all the way over my head. This is how I would sleep most nights; listening to my parents always yelling at each other about money. Who would pay the bills, lack of food and sleep were usually the topics at hand, which lead to my mother crying hysterically and my father leaving to go on a walk. Only during this short period of silence can I find peace in sleep, my heart beating regularly to my mother’s sobs.

 

Today at school everything changed my all too unvarying cycle of life when I got a phone call before last period. “Hello?” “Yoseob, something’s happened I’m at the hospital,” my dad’s voice breaking through the chaotic voices of my friends sitting around me. I grabbed my bag and was running down the hall trying to listen to everything he was saying over my loud breathing. “Your mom, she was in an accident they sent her into surgery right away,” he began crying as I showed the bus driver my pass and sat on an empty seat near the window. “Dad, I’m on my way so just wait until I get there. She’ll be fine I’m sure she will be just fine” I don’t know what I was saying, every word unclear as it rolled off my heavy tongue and I ended the call.

 

We waited hours outside of her room; they had successfully finished the surgery but said that there was a possibility that she would not wake up. My mom run’s deliveries for restaurants on her bike and some ing had been going too fast and ran a red light crashing right into her. I was so pissed, my mom had been picking up more shifts because I had switched to a private school and we needed more money. It was entirely my fault, both of my parents were always working night and day and it was all my ing fault.

 

The sound of my ringtone echoing through the empty halls of the hospital woke me up from my sleep and I quickly pulled it out of my pocket hoping I hadn't woken up any patients sleeping in nearby rooms. “Hello?” it was Doojoon, just the sound of his voice helping calm my anxiety, “what happened today? You never showed up to last period babe”. “Ah, sorry I forgot to text you…my mom’s in the hospital and I came here before school ended,” I looked over and realized my dad was no longer sitting beside me, “babe let me call you back okay? Love you”. The door to my mom’s room was cracked open and I could see them sleeping from outside. My dad’s hands gently rubbing my mom’s and her eyes looking at him lovingly.

 

“Mom, you’re awake?” tears welled up and I rushed to the other side of her bed that my father wasn’t occupying.

“Ah, my baby finally woke up hm?” her smile was weak but it still relaxed my heart.

“Mom please…quit that job okay? I don’t want to see you on that stupid bike ever again, promise me okay?”

“Yoseob, you know I ca-”

“I’ll work instead so please don’t say that you can’t” and before she could protest again my dad chimed in.

“He’s right, he’s old enough now so let him take some responsibility” and that was how I began working. My mom wouldn’t let me do anything dangerous or physically taxing so she asked one of her friend’s who owned a babysitting service to take me in.

 

My dad kept blabbering on to my 6th grade teacher about how he would give her a nice amount of “compensation” if she let me pass the class. My cheeks puffed out and I looked down knowing I was blushing from the embarassment, her refusals got more prominent until my dad finally sighed, easing up. “Listen Mr. Yong, I really am not allowed to accept money,” she ripped a piece of paper on her desk and wrote down a number before giving it to my dad. This is how I spend every parent teacher meeting.

 

“Junhyung, hurry up and let’s go home,” I hated our house, it was way too big and every sound reverberated making the nights unbearable. My dad never liked to spend time alone and that didn’t mean he wanted to be with me, no he liked a different kind of company. I never slept well, especially that night as my teacher’s moans made me gag and cry while I tried to hold on to my sanity.

 

“Junhyung, I called and got you a babysitter last night”

“Really…when did you have the time” I mumbled under my breath but he heard anyway smacking me across the head. “Why do I need one anyway, I’m already 13?”

“Just go to school for now, I wont be coming home until really late the next couple of months so he’ll come around 4”

 

I hadn’t gotten a call for any work for about a week and I had started to worry that maybe this job wasn’t going to solve any of our money issues until my phone rang last night. A man, probably in his 30’s had asked me to babysit and offered to pay me double since he was asking me to stay until very late into the night and of course I accepted without any delay. So this is how I ended up face to face with a gigantic house that I couldn’t even imagine entering in my wildest dreams.

 

The doorbell rang, nothing. Was no one home? I rang it again and this time I heard shuffling footsteps approaching from the other side. An old woman opened up and allowed me to enter the house, I was a little early but glad that I didn’t have to wait outside until someone came home.

 

“Hello I’m Yang Yoseob, I came here to babysit…Yong Junhyung?” that was how you said it right?

“Ah, yes he’s still at school but he should get here by 4. I’m the maid, I’ll be finished soon so make yourself at home in the living room and I’ll get you some snacks.”

“thank you~” the house was beautiful and made mine look like a dumpster in comparison. I sat down on a long white leather couch facing the TV and looked at my watch in anticipation. I wonder what this Yong Junhyung would be like…I mean he was only 3 years younger so would he even listen to me? My thoughts were interrupted by the old lady re-entering the room and placing a glass of juice in front of me. I politely thanked her again before she left and locked the door behind her.

 

It was a long 20 minutes as I waited for the boy I was suppose to babysit and I didn’t feel comfortable looking around the house by myself so I just sat on the couch playing games on my phone. Suddenly I heard the lock on the front door turn and I rushed to greet whoever was coming home.

 

It was a hard day at school, I could barely look at my teacher without remembering last night and my ‘friends’ had asked me to buy them lunch again. I had practically forgotten about the person who was suppose to babysit me until I saw a smiling face peering at me as soon as I opened the door to my house. I almost jumped back surprised, how old was he anyway? He looks like he is the same age as me and he is only an inch taller…

 

“Hi, you must be Junhyung…my name is Yang Yoseob and I’ll be your babysitter from now on” he was pretty, but somehow still manly and his smile made me feel warm.

“Hi,”

 

We spent the day sitting awkwardly on the couch until Yoseob pulled out his homework and asked me to do the same. “No…” I just wanted to sleep, my head was pounding ever since the morning due to the fact that I had only slept 3 hours or so last night; thanks dad. “Come on Junhyung, I know you have homework. Let’s do it at the same time so that we can eat dinner together afterwards,” I blushed at the thought of having dinner with someone again; my dad was usually never home around that time. My parents had divorced after my mom had caught him cheating and the family dinners had stopped almost immediately after she left.

 

“Why the hell would I want to have dinner with you?” I was surprised by my own words but I was honestly too tired to even pull up my bag let alone do several pages of math. Plus I was almost certain I would remember…ugh too late, the sounds were already replaying in my head.

“Ugh,” I left the living room and headed to my bed on the second floor wanting to just collapse and forget.

 

I guess I should have known that babysitting wasn’t going to be easy but it had suddenly taken a turn for the worse. Hours passed and Junhyung never came back down from his room; beginning to worry I started making food hoping the smell would entice him to come. When that didn’t work I carefully placed the food onto a tray and carried it to his room upstairs.

 

Knock knock, nothing. I entered and the darkness of the area engulfed me letting only a ray of light from the hallway aluminate the room. “Junhyung?” I whispered, he still didn’t respond. I placed the tray on his desk and slowly knelt down beside his bed. He was his side facing me and a deep frown had creased above his brow. He looked so cute; I placed a finger on his forehead lightly massaging his frown away.

 

A couple of weeks went by before Junhyung finally started eating dinner along with me. But I soon started noticing dark circles under his eyes and his sighs becoming more frequent.

 

“Junhyung, is everything okay?”

“Fine,” but he didn’t look fine…

 

Yoseob became more and more caring as everyday went by. Sometimes he would come and meet me by the school gates and we would walk home together. I started becoming dependant on his company, expecting him to be there everyday. Expecting the home cooked meals that tasted better than anything I had ever eaten before, I became expectant of his voice calling my name.

 

“Ah, just a second Junhyung I have a call,” I nodded but he didn’t walk far enough for me not to overhear their conversation.

“Doojoon…what do you mean? How is t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter