Final

Floating Numbers

47 degrees outside. 14 dates. The time is 8:42 pm. Jongin counts everything. Shivering from the cold winter night, Kyungsoo skipped lightly beside Jongin, the older man peeking at the taller, calmly striding alongside him. Closer. Closer. Kyungsoo's house was nearing, 4 more houses, the seconds falling away. Although he'd never admit it, Jongin didn't want to say goodbye, and he was too nervous to commerce the first kiss. 10 more steps. 9. 8. 5. 2. They'd arrived. Kyungsoo was waiting for something to happen, big eyes peering at Jongin. When nothing happened, he sighed slightly, getting ready to walk up to his door, alone.

"Well...good night," Kyungsoo said. "Let's meet again next Saturday? Maybe we can go to the movies?" He managed a small smile, but his disappointment didn't go unnoticed.

Jongin flinched, his heart pounding. Should I do it? Should I? Questions bounced chaotically in his not even noticing that the smaller man had begun to walk away from him without waiting for an answer. 3 feet away. 4 feet. 6. 8. Not even realizing what he was doing, Jongin reached out for the older man, turning him around and tightly wrapping him in his embrace. Time flew, seconds ticked, minutes passed, but Jongin didn't care. Kyungsoo finally wriggled out of his hug, a confused look painted across his face.

"7th house from the right, 63 steps from the streetlight, 8 moves," Jongin spluttered out, unable to stop the words flying out of his mouth. "14 dates, 47 degrees, 11 different restaurants, and I've been waiting to do this." 10 inches from Kyungsoo's lips. 9. 7. 6. 3. 0. His lips pressed softly against Kyungsoo's feeling them form into a smile. Eyes screwed shut, he moved his head away, slowly opening them. The time is 8:48, and after 14 dates and 11 different restaurants, Jongin had never seen such a beautiful smile.

 

-------------------

a/n: this was literally my first fanfic ever /SCREAMS WHAT IS THIS EVEN. anyways i will be slowly uploading my fanfics from my lj account onto here within the next few days. enjoy i suppose? ouo