Breaking Down

The Spectrum of Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

No, no. This can't be. I want to see the world. The world is a beautiful place.

I want to see it.

I want to see.

I have to see.

I must be able to see.

I want to see my family and friends. I want to see the different plants that bloom in every season. I want to be able to take photos. I want to see my children in the future. I want to see everything that's beautiful. But I can't... Because I'm blind. 

The faux sympathetic voice of the Doctor rings through my ears. I feel tears welling up in the corners of my eyes and threatening to spill. But I don't want to cry. I want to see. 

'I'm sorry to break this to you, but you've lost your vision in this terrible accident. I'll give you a few minutes. You'll need it.' Then the door opens with a creak and slams shut with a bang. I feel my mother's slenders fingers enclose around mine and I want nothing more to see her beautiful countenance. From her loving dark brown orbs to her slightly wrinkly skin. The creases in between her eyebrows when she furrows them and those small strands of white hair that contrast starkly from her black hair. I want to see her. 

"Mum," I manage to croak out. My voice cracks and before long,

Please log in to read the full chapter