Absence

The Spectrum of Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

The sun peaks through the clouds with ephemeral light, bringing an overwhelming sense of peace to the world.

Peace can be associated with the color blue. The world is seen as blue on a globe. Does that mean the world is peaceful?

 

Crisp, white snow quivers in the air before beginning its slow descent to the ground. It settles and creates a blanket of white cloaking the earth.

White means innocence. But too much white, like snow can be isolating and empty. In Japan, white is the color of mourning. But then, it also means a new beginning. Is there a new beginning for all of us?

 

The full moon lays hidden, shrouded in between the clouds of the night sky. Beyond that, lays the rest of the universe. And, gosh, who knows how big the universe is.

The universe is secretive and unknown. There is hardly any light. On earth, it seems as if the moon is the only source of light during the night. The moon uncovers the clouds against the darkness, making them vulnerable. They are there, but not there with the absence of light.

 

Tender, pink rose petals litter the white bed. Two figures dance in the shadows, veiled in the darkness.

To love is to have another person beside you. But in this world of darkness, everyone is alone in some way or another. Pink is meant to be the color of unconditional love, but does everyone receive love? After all, we’re all-

 

 

 

 

“Good

Please log in to read the full chapter