Act Like Nothing's Wrong

Act Like Nothing's Wrong

AU in which Jimin is still an idol but Yoongi isn't.

Inspired by and written to TOP – Act Like Nothing's Wrong.

The phone in Jimin's hand felt like it was made of lead; in the way it weighed him down and in the way it seemed to the very warmth out of his blood. His head hurt and his vision spun; the alcohol in his veins travelling quickly around his body and seamlessly taking every last ounce of self control Jimin possessed as his fingers struggled to press the correct buttons on his stupidly expensive smart phone. Too soon the sound of a sleepy voice answering the phone pulled Jimin out of his intoxicated stupor.

Hey, I haven't called you in awhile... I just called to say I'm sorry, and for that I'm even more sorry...” Jimin whispered into the phone; his heart beating so hard he could feel it in every inch of his skin. A light sweat was breaking out under the coal black bangs that were covering his forehead, though he didn't know whether it was caused by the alcohol or his nerves. He realised, somewhere in a dark recess of his mind, that he probably shouldn't be doing this – he definitely shouldn't be drunk dialling anyone at 3am but especially not his Yoongi hyung – but the inebriated part of his brain seemed to have taken over for now.

Honestly, I don't have anything to say, so I'm just babbling... I was wondering how you've been?...” he continued when he was answered by nothing but deafening silence. He hated the silence. Not too long ago, when he had been a struggling trainee, silence had been considered a luxury. Now that he'd debuted silence was a constant companion. He hated the silence.


"What do you want? You're drunk again aren't you?" his Yoongi hyung muttered back, sounding tired in a way that had nothing to do with being awake in the middle of the night.

I worry about you a lot... I wonder if you stay awake at night like I do...” Jimin pathetically answered. He wanted to let his Yoongi hyung know that he was sorry and that he didn't mean it and that he missed them but he never had the courage to say the words that were burning deep scars into his heart until his brain was drowned in liquor. He wanted to speak to his Yoongi hyung again. He hated the silence.
 

Why are you taking back everything you said before? Your future was more important to you...” his Yoongi hyung spat out in a clipped voice though Jimin could hear all the hurt and sorrow he was trying his best to hide. It hurt him that his Yoongi hyung was in pain because of him but it hurt him even more that he couldn't share that pain with Jimin. He hated the silence.

 

Do you know you're all I have? I realized too late... I'm sorry hyung...”. All he heard was silence.

He hated the silence.