Date...Date...Date... Part 1

My One True Love

Jessica’s POV

 

“C’mon Sica – eonni!” Krystal and SeoHyun shouted at my ear making me flinch.

“What the hell is your problem?!” I shouted at both girls who laughed in return.

“We set up a date for you today!” Krystal happily answered, smiling and jumping on my bed.

I rolled my eyes and stood up, they has some crazy issues. I don’t go on dates especially when it’s a blind one and I don’t even know who this guy is! What kind of sister is Krystal? She makes me go on dates without me knowing!

“This doesn’t even make sense! Why are you making me go on a date without me knowing who the opposite is?” I shouted at them, making them laugh at me.

“Don’t worry, he’s someone you know very much and besides, it’s only a date.” Krystal tried to reason out but I am still not giving in.

“Let’s just tell her who he is so she won’t be surprised anymore.” SeoHyun whispered to Krystal, making me glare at her. “She’s just like any other girl who’s a surprise pooper.”

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. “Fine, I won’t ask who he is. Just promise me you’re not setting me up with someone horrible.”

They both giggled at me and pulled me towards my wardrobe. While SeoHyun was busy getting my outfit ready, Krystal is doing my hair and make-up.  I didn’t want any thick make – up on my face because that will only make my pimples come out so I told – ordered her to make it light. She obliged and started on my make – up.

After some time, Krystal was already finished with me and SeoHyun’s mouth was hanging open. I laughed at her reaction and told her that if it was that bad, she could’ve told me but she told me that I was hot and there’s no way that she would ruin the surprise. I rolled my eyes again and took the outfit that is in her hands and went to the bathroom to change.

“Now that’s hot!” They exclaimed, smiling at me and pulling me towards the mirror. I was wearing a white moustache tank top matched with a black shorts and black boots. I took my maroon jacket and told them that it’s cold outside and I don’t want to freeze to death. – Okay, rewind. I don’t want to look like a dead person even though I already am.

They nodded their head and let me wait on the living room. While waiting, I saw my mom talking on the phone with someone. She looked angry, confused and guilty. I wonder why.

Few seconds later, Krystal went down the living room with SeoHyun and they both greeted my mother a simple ‘hello’ before pulling me towards the front door. We said good bye to my mom and when we saw a simple nod, we dashed towards my car and drove to the nearest coffee shop.

They told me to wait there so I did. While waiting I ordered a Caffe latte and sat on the table near the window on the right side of the coffee shop. Krystal and SeoHyun went somewhere else and told me that they would be going to the mall because SeoHyun wanted to buy a new dress. Which I know is a lie.

“Hey,” I heard a voice said, I turn to see Changmin standing there looking as handsome as always. “You’re my date?” He joked, seating across me.

“No wonder SeoHyun and Krystal was so eager to make me change. It’s all for you.”

“Well, I am your fiancée after all.” He joked, laughing.

“So where off to, Mr Shim?” I asked, arching an eyebrow at him.

He smiled and told me to stand up so that he could me to his car. We drove in comfortable silence, not wanting to disturb something that is so comfortable. While looking outside, the engine stopped and I saw Changmin going out of the car and immediately opening the door for me.

I mouthed a thank you and looked around. We’re in a park. That’s cute, he’s into environment stuffs. He told me that he would rather go on romantic walks than going to the malls were there are so many noise roaming around.

“It’s so nice here Max,” I commented, looking around and smelling the fresh air. “No wonder you like a place like this.”

“This place is more beautiful when I’m with you.” He said, looking me in the eyes.

I looked at him wide eyed. He really is romantic at some point. It doesn’t matter if there is so many people staring at us, he only cares about me and him, standing on the bridge and looking at each other.

I smiled and leaned on his shoulder, he’s really somehow romantic for me. I wonder, has he said the same line before I even met him?

Without me knowing, he intertwined our hands and kissed my hand and stared north. We didn’t talk for a while until he decided to have a walk on the park again. While walking, so many people were staring at us. I wonder why.

“They’re just jealous of you,” Changmin whispers in my ear making me look at him confusingly. “You’re beautiful.”

“Everyone was made beautiful, Changmin.” I answered, staring at him and continued walking.

After some time of walking, the sun was about to set and he suddenly told me that we are going to eat right now. That caught me off guard.

 “Where are you taking me?” I asked, looking at him as he leads me somewhere.

“Somewhere that you will like.”

Again, with the surprises.

“I want you to know that I hate surprises, Changmin.”

“Don’t worry, it’s not something scary.”

“Fine.” I rolled my eyes and let him lead me to the place he was talking about.

While we were heading to the secret place, Changmin started a conversation and that continued on when we talked about some random stuff. I got to know him better and he got to know me better. So it’s a tie.

We stopped talking after some time and I saw him covering my eyes with a blind fold. I told him what is this about and he told me that we are almost there. After another few minutes later, we stopped and when he took the blindfolds off, I was mesmerized with what’s in front of me.

The place looked elegant, he took me to a place which has a big fountain on the middle and there were decorations everywhere. I smiled and kissed him on the cheeks. This is one of the best places that I have ever gone before. It looked simple yet elegant.

“Let’s eat?” He asked, escorting me to the set up table which I only noticed now.

“Sure?” I managed to answer, looking at him wide eyed.

He offered me the seat first before sitting across me. He smiled and with a single clap, lights turned to open and waiters suddenly, out of nowhere came by one by one. I on the other hand just stared shockingly at Changmin who apparently loved my reaction.

“Close your mouth, darling. Bugs might go inside.” He teased, laughing once I closed it.

“You did this… for me?” I managed to ask, ignoring his question.

“Who else do I love more than you?” He asked, looking at me.

I shook my head and looked up to see the beautiful night staring back at me. How did I get so lucky on having Changmin one of my admirers? This doesn’t seem fair to me at all. Why do I have to choose between three incredible people who have given me something to love about each one of them?

While we started eating, Changmin and I started another nonsense conversation. It wasn’t that much but at least it wasn’t as awkward as I imagined it would be.

After eating, there was suddenly a slow song playing that made Changmin stand up and ask me to dance with him. I nodded my head, not wanting to decline the offer and we started dancing.

After the last song played, Changmin stopped and looked at me directly in my eyes. I thought that he would tell me that he wants to stop dancing for a while and rest but it was the complete opposite. While our hands were intertwined with each other, he raised it and kissed my hand before saying the words I thought I would never hear in my whole life.

“I really do love you, Jessica Jung and I know you might not feel the same way too but if you give me a chance – US a chance, I’ll prove to you that you will never regret this decision.”