(1/1)

Complicated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Final[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Jongin walks to his class with Krystal leaning against him, arms around shoulders. Everyone stares at the couple with many different kinds of stares; half jealousy, half admiration, half doesn't give a . Jongin lifts his long neck arrogantly; he always likes the atmosphere of being a celebrity in the school. Krystal wraps her hand around Jongin’s waist and smiles at everyone she meets along the corridor. They're titled as relationship goals in the school and, well, nobody seems to oppose it. They look like a prince and a princess who have been together for more than 3 years.

“I’ll pick you at seven tonight,” Jongin whispers once they arrive in front of their classrooms. Jongin and Krystal aren’t classmates, but it doesn’t burden their relationship, “okay?” he raises his eyebrows.

Krystal nods, a sweet smile plastering or her face, “okay.”

Jongin plants a light kiss the girl's forehead and soon leaves her behind. Krystal’s heart always beats faster every time Jongin shows affection in public, like who wouldn't, anyway? It's Kim Jongin, literally the star in the school, every guys would do anything to be like him. She stares at the boy's board back and displays a simple smile, “I love you, Jongin,” she finds herself whispering.

What Jongin means with I’ll pick you at seven tonight is that he is gonna ask her out. He'll show her the best day of her entire life, he has prepared everything. But apparently it doesn’t seem good as it has to be. After the class is over, there's an announcement from SM Entertainment that Jongin has passed his third dancer audition. For information Jongin has auditioned himself since last year and he's so damn excited when the announcement launches.

However his smile immediately fades out as he knows that the announcement says:

You’re invited to our dinner tonight at 7:00 pm for informing the next instructions

Dinner. Tonight. At 7:00 pm.

He can’t pass his dating with Krystal, but on the other hand he also can’t pass the dinner. He has dreamed about it since he was younger and being a dancer is his forever dream he ever wants to be. He'd do anything for it. But, his girlfriend is important too, either.

Jongin is about to lose his mind, he keeps squeezing the legal letter on his hands. Biting his lower lip in frustration, Jongin falls his back on the bed. Suddenly a Jongin look-alike creature opens his door.

“Jongin-ah,” Taemin, Jongin's older twin, calls. “Do you have any ideas where my book is?”

The confusing Jongin turns his head to the older. “No, hyung,” he's not gonna lie but he feels like his throat is being tied. Though it was only 5 minutes after Taemin was born, Jongin never puts his formality off towards his twin.

Taemin nods and flashes a simple smile, closing the door. Jongin stares at the door before he feels like his brain is just hit by an awesome idea. He gets up, fixing his hair then walking out to meet the older twin.

“Hyung," Jongin pats his hyung's shoulder, making the older tilts his head.

"Yes?"

"Umm—are you free this night?" Jongin bites his lower lip as he rubs his neck, he has to admit that even though they are twins, it always feels awkward for him to talk to Taemin.

Taemin raises his eyebrows and shakes his head a little. “No, I'm not. Why, though?”

“Umm,” Jongin looks around, asking him to sit on a couch as his eyes caught a sofa next to them. “Hyung, you know, I have passed the audition and I'm gonna attend for completing the invitation,” he pauses. “But I already have a dating with Krystal. Would you take my place tonight for her, please? I mean, I really can’t pass the invitation. This is really important for my whole life. I don't wanna miss this chance.”

Taemin doesn’t answer; not knowing what to say.

“Taemin hyung, please, all you have to do is just walking with her and keeping her company during the dinner,” Jongin slightly whines, trying to act cute. It's always been like this for Jongin to Taemin so that the older will say yes.

“I think, I’d like to do that,” Taemin finally nods after a while. “But I have never had dated anyone earlier; I would be super awkward with a girl,” his cheeks heat up, making a cute blushing all over them. “Also, I’m not as handsome as you are.”

Jongin knits his eyebrows. “Hyung, actually you really are handsome,” Jongin pulls out Taemin’s big round glasses. “Look at you; you’re even more handsome than me.” Jongin fixes Taemin's nerdy bang, slightly chuckling. He has to admit that his twin isn't really that bad, he's just fine. “I will make things up for you, come on.” Jongin holds Taemin's forearms, looking around before getting up, soon leaving to his room.

The hairstylist Kim Jongin changes his twin’s appearance in the evening, just two hours before they have to go. They are an identical twins and it’s hard to figure out their differences. And now, Jongin changes his twin and it makes him totally looks like himself. The only different thing is their name.

“Whoa, hyung, you look so nice," Jongin looks at the huge mirror in front of them, dusting off the hyung's shoulder.

“I’m not sure about this, Jongin,” Taemin shakes his head, biting his bottom lip as he looks at his own reflection. He feels different, he's not Taemin.

“Don’t worry, it's gonna be fine,” Jongin pats his twin's shoulder reassuringly. He opens his closet to get his tuxedo. And for himself, tonight is such a huge occasion.

Krystal has waited for Jongin at the restaurant since a half an hour ago. She's worried now because Jongin has never been late, at all. She bites her lower lip and stares at everyone, also checking her phone gradually. Her head turns to the front door for a thousand times but her boyfriend's still nowhere to be seen.

Her beam flashes as the person she has waited for is coming with his fond smile.

“You’re late,” Krystal states as Taemin takes a seat in front of her, crossing her arms over her chest. “Where have you been?”

“Ah, I’m sorry,” Taemin blinks and rubs his nape, trying to divert his gaze with the girl. He definitely can feel his hand trembles. “I was walking at the zebra cross but there were twelve old ladies with a herd of sheeps in front of me,” he quickly replies anything passing on his mind, regardless if it's not making any sense.

Krystal's eyebrows are knitted in confusion. “What do you mean?”

Taemin bites his lips, did I do something wrong?

But then she lets out a small fit of chuckles. “Alright, that’s funny, Jongin.” She takes the menu list and scans it, tapping her chin thoughtfully. “I think I'm gonna eat Sushi today. What about you, Jongin?”

Taemin internally smacks his head to get focus again. “Sushi is good, I want it too.”

Krystal squints her eyes playfully. “Since when did you turn to be like this? You never ordered the same menu with me, didn't you?”

Taemin emits a slow gasp that she probably doesn't notice, blaming himself for not asking Jongin what will he say when he’s talking with Krystal.

“But we’re mates, aren’t we?” Taemin lifts his head, desperately building up his confidence again. “So we have to be same.” His sweat slowly streams down on his temples.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter