Bird of the Summer

Bird of the Summer

{Bird of the Summer- A Fine Frenzy}

↑↑↑ If you want to listen to the song.

I do not own the song.

 

She was so in love with him. And he was too. They were happy like nothing else mattered but the feeling they shared. It was love, she knew it. She couldn't be wrong. But not all love last forever.

 

It was the first day of summer, the 21st of June, when she first met him.

 

She was homeschooled that was why she was always in her room. She was never the type who goes out every single day with her friends. She didn't even think she had friends. She would just lock herself in her room and stare outside her window. She would watch the people passing by, some smiling then she would feel sorry for herself because she couldn't be as happy as them.

 

But that first summer day, seeing how blue the sky was and how the sun rays were striking her face and having the feeling that the sun was inviting her to go outside and play, she just got dressed and followed the sun. She felt alive when she stepped out of the house. It felt like years since she went out. She had never felt that good being outside. She always thought that the world outside her room, her house was a dangerous world. But that day, the outside world was just heaven.

 

She walked along the pathway of the park looking at the bloomed flowers and the green grass. The old trees were giving everyone shade and made the breeze cool and chill. She sat under a tree leaning her back against the huge trunk and closing her eyes as she felt the cool breeze brushing her pale skin. She could hear the birds chirping. It was music to her ears. It was just so relaxing that she could fall asleep.

 

She opened her eyes and saw a man standing in front of her. He was a bit tall with brown curled hair. He had a smile on his face. A smile as bright and as warm as the sun. A smile that was telling her that he was happy to have seen her that day. She didn't know him and neither did he. But she just smiled back as if it was the response he was waiting for.

 

"I'm Jinki." He introduced himself as he sat next to her with his legs crossed and with a smile still plastered on his face.

"Soojung," She muttered her name and just stared at him for the next minute.

 

She had not seen such a comforting face in her whole life. She had seen so many faces but nothing was the same as his. He was different. Good different. It didn't feel odd sitting next to a stranger though to her, he wasn't a stranger anymore. He was Jinki. Just looking at him for a moment, she felt like she had known him forever. Like she had always known him.

 

Everyday, they would meet in that same spot, even if the sky cried, if the white cottons floated or of the sun shined brightly. They would sit next to each other. Sometimes he would talk, sometimes she would. But most of the time, they would just stay silent and let the birds sing. The song had no words but the tune was in sync with their heartbeats.

 

Day by day, their feelings grew along with the flowers and the wild berries near the fountain. They would walk in circles around the fountain hand in hand. His hands were warm and cozy like his smile and she liked that. And one day he just leaned in and kissed her without any warning as the sun went down to sleep. His lips were soft and warm like his smile and his hands. She didn't want that day to end but it did. But it was alright. Because everyday, after that, he would always plant a kiss on her lips before the days end.

 

She had never felt so happy, never felt so secured. She knew she loved him and she knew she would never let him go.

 

But when they were nearing the next season, he told her he was going. He told her he was leaving on the 23rd of September. Her heart was slowly falling apart but he would just embrace her till she could not breathe just to make her feel how much he, too, loved her and although their days were counted, it would never end there.

 

He kissed her for the last time as a leaf changed its color.

 

She was staring out of the window again watching some kids with their big backpacks passed by her house. She was stuck in her room again writing the things her mother was trying to push in her brain but her mind was just flying with birds that flew away. She was lonely again. She missed him.

 

Her mother then slid a letter under her door. It had her name written on it. She read the letter. It was him. It was Jinki. It was him telling her to go out, be happy, forget and never look back. It hurt because she still loved him. She couldn't stop loving him because both her heart and mind were telling her that he, too, still loved her.

 

She went out wrapped in a warm sweater. She walked around the silent park wishing she'd see him under the numb tree or at the dead fountain. Nothing. Everything was lifeless.

 

But she would come back to the park everyday that fall. One day, she there was someone by the fountain. She was hoping it was him but it was someone else. But everyday that she went to the park, she would always see that same stranger. And he noticed her too. And on the first snowfall, he finally talked to her. Taemin was his name. He didn't ask why she was there. He would just listen to her stories about her summer love, about Jinki. She liked that about him. She liked that he was just always there like he was just there to stay. Maybe she liked him. But she could never love him. Because she only loved Jinki.

 

Winter passed and spring came. He was still there walking around the park with her, looking at the flowering plants and the trees that were coming to life. She was smiling again. But as the month of May went by, as the birds flew back to the park, she started to wonder.

 

Will he come back too?

 

Still, she hoped.

 


 

That was it.

I hope you liked it.

Thank you very much for reading.

 

xdorkyx

x

 

PS. Whatever's happening in the kpop world right now, let's just hope for the better.