Chapter 1

Night and Day

A/N: This is my first fanfic so sorry if it turns out crappy. And I'd like to suggest to listen to Night and Day while reading this or maybe watch the MV first to understand the story more.

----------------------

 

'Even though I'm not asleep,I am dreaming

Even though I'm with you,I can't believe it.'

Minsoo sipped his cup of black coffee,letting the bittersweet flavor seep through his mouth. The warm air touched his skin since he chose to sit outside the cafe. "I hope she doesn't ditch me." he mumbled as he took a short glance at his wristwatch,hoping that 'she' will arrive. The noise of the busy streets of Seoul were enough to entertain him as he waits for his 'date'. Just then,a petite girl wearing her fitted floral dress stopped in front of his table,making Minsoo shift his gaze from the bickering couple to the said girl. "Minsoo" she said with her ever so sweet voice that he longed to hear again for the past two years.

 

'For your love,I want to gain strength

For your love,I want to extend a day'

The fact that she have grown more beautiful than before made him froze in the same spot. he didn't notice the frown on the lass' face not until she snapped her finger in front of him. "Yah Minsoo-ah,is there something worng?" she asked with a voice full of worry,enough to snap him from daydreaming. "Oh,uhm..." he awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck and cleared his throat. "Nothing. Nice to see you again Ahyoung. I'm glad that you had time to meet-up with me" he replied while eyeing her intently.

'I want to be the only man'

Ahyoung sat on the chair across him,resting her hands on the table. "Hmm yeah since I'm not busy right now plus I figured it'd be awesome to meet up with you again oppa,I mean,it's been two years right?" she retorted,hesitating a bit before asking. "How are you Minsoo-ah?"

‘There’s nothing in this world that I don’t need

All of you is everything I hoped for’

 Those words seemed to have stopped time. It made him hesitant. Frozen on the spot. He pursed his lips and tried to find the right words to say. “I missed you too. So much” he answered   as he gazed at her dark brown orbs. The lady stared back, eyes are glinted with pure sincerity, opening to reply. “I-“ she was cut off by the presence of the waiter, causing both of them to stop their staring contest. With a polite smile, she dismissed the waiter and started sipping her cold drink.

‘For your love, I want to know many things

For your love, I want to know everything’

“So do you have a girlfriend now, Minsoo?” she asked with a hint of playfulness in her tone just to ease the rather awkward atmosphere. He snickered at her question as he twirls his phone on the table. “Nah. I don’t have time for those bulls” he answered.. “Eh?! So I was just one of those bulls then?” Ahyoung replied, her lips curving into an adorable pout. He chuckled at her comment and shook his head vigorously. “Ofcourse you aren’t. You’re different. You know that.” Satisfied with his answer, the lass can’t help but grin like a child in a candy store. “Good Good. I would have poured this icy cold drink on your head if you said it otherwise eo!”

“You were just joking right?” the man asked, quite amused at the girl’s humor. “Ofcourse I am.” She retorted. The alarm on her phone signifying that it’s already 3:00 PM made her bite her lowerlip in pure anxiousness. "Damn it's already 3:00 I have a flight in less than an hour" she exclaimed, though all of it was a lie. That so-called flight was just an excuse to get away from him. She must get away for him for she's too afraid that her newly-built walls might crumble and give away all her heartaches. She admits to herself that she still loves him. The feelings never faded. Not one bit.

"Well that's a shame. Flight to L.A right?" there was a tinge of sadness and longing in his voice that made her chest tighten but she just nodded and stood up. "Sorry if our meeting was cut-short Minsoo-ah. I had fun,really. It was nice talking to you again" Ahyoung said,trying to hold back the tears that are threatening to fall from her eyes. He smiles. "Likewise Ahyoung. seeya around." she bowed a bit and walked out of the scene,finally letting fresh tears roll down her cheeks as soon as she had her back on him.

'In the future,even when we close our eyes

I pray that our love will be talked about for a long time'

Memories of the past came flashing in his head like a clip show. Their first date at the park, their late-night talks over the phone,their first movie together,and the day that he had to say goodbye to her. He was taken aback by those memories,making him realize one thing. He doesn't wanna lose her again.

'My baby I pray, I wanna lay you down'

He abruptly stood up from his seat and ran after her.

'The main character of my life is you girl'

He ran as fast as he can,not minding the weird stares that he has been recieving from the passers by. He wants her back badly and no one can stop it. Even he would dare defy fate as long as she's back in his arms again.

'I'mma love you Night and Day'

He grabbed her arm upon reaching her and pulled her into him,prisoning her in a hug that is tight enough to make her feel how he longed to hug her in such way. "I never fought for you before and I regret it. But will you let me protect you again? Will you let me be your Knight for the second time around?"