Final.

Breathe Me

The girl was wandering through the tables, sometimes leaning on it. Most of the students were already dozing off. Sora couldn't remember her school days anymore, even if she tried. It had been so long.


She sat by the window, searching for her favorite students. There was that absolutely cute guy in glasses. There was also the beautiful girl with that wonderful hair Sora always admired. The girl was really popular, and she had really good grades. Sora couldn't remember if she also had good grades. Sometimes, not being able to remember was frustrating.


The teacher was teaching some maths. Well, at least she remembered how maths weren't made for her. So, not caring if she was loud, she escaped out of the class. The teacher continued his lesson, like nothing happened.


Sora found herself in the halls. It was oh so silent. She passed her hands on the lockers. It was fun strolling by the empty corridors, where no one could lectured her.


There was a sound. She turned to the source of it, revealing a late student. He was apparently so late he ran next to her without even looking at her. She pouted. Today was no succeed either.

 


---

 


Her favorite place was the library. The giant shelves full of books of all genres, it was intoxicating. Fortunately she could read those, each night locked in the school. She would never be bored with the books, even when she read some of them twice. She couldn't light up the large piece, but the natural brightness of the moon would suffice. And the guardian never bothered her. Night at school was heaven, but she was a bit... lonely.

 


---

 


She let the rays of sun beamed at her, through her, without warming her body though. The students were all about to rejoin their class like each day. She turned her head a little, and suddenly felt a stare on her. It was weird, given that it wasn't really on her. But it was still weird feeling someone who actually paid attention to her.

When she looked for that person, nobody was staring at her. She bit her lip. She must have been dreaming.


She found a new class that day. She sat at her favorite place, by the window. It was near the teacher's desk. But her way of passing time was to observe people.
And then she felt that stare again. This time she was quick to catch on. And it was that boy. He was sitting at the back of the class, and he had his eyes right on her.


She gasped. It-it was impossible, right? He couldn't see her, could he? She stuck out her tongue at him, just to be sure. And the boy, still staring at her, frowned.


"Wait!" she shouted. "You can see me?!" The guy blinked. He looked around him hesitantly, then slowly nodded at Sora. He nodded at her. He was able to hear her, he was even able to see her. How could that be possible?


Sora fell down of her chair. A thousand of questions ran through her mind. How- did he- could he be- no. It was impossible. She stood up, cleared her throath as much as possible, and swept the dust on her clothes. "It's not a joke right? You really can see me?"


The guy seemed slightly annoyed. Still frowning, he nodded again. Sora couldn't still believe it. She had to be sure. She raised a hand, with only three fingers up. "How many fingers?" He actually glared at her. His attention returned to the teacher.


Sora panicked. She placed herself in front of the boy's table. "No please! Please how many fingers?" Now he looked really pissed. She was sorry for him by a little. But as he could see her, she wouldn't let go of this chance. "Please, please, please, please!"


"Three." he hissed. A bit too loud. The class went silent, and the teacher turned to the boy. "Anything you want to add Student Min Yoongi?"


"No, sir. I'm sorry." the guy mumbled. He was turning red, certainly from anger and embarassment. Sora chuckled. "Sorry." she raised a hand sheepishly. "Get away from me." he hissed once again, this time quietly. "Oh my god please no, don't let me go! You are the only one I've been talking to since ages." He didn't say anything. He just sighed and looked away. At least he did acknowledge her.


She rested her elbows on the boy's table and made her comfortable. "So tell me, Min Yoongi." He sent her a glare, which she choose to ignore. "Are you a psychic?" He raised an eyebrow and shook his head. "Are a medium then?' The said Yoongi gave her a blank stare. "Isn't it the same thing?" he mumbled. Sora began to have a deep feeling sinking in her chest. "So you could actually be the one...?" she whispered more to herself, even though Yoongi still heard her. He was clearly torn between asking her what was she talking about, but on the other side he was trying to not look like he was talking to an imaginary friend. He choose for a third option. He wrote something on his piece of paper.


Sora bent forward as he scribbled his ask, and took the opportunity to observe him. He had a smooth, pale skin. His brownish hair fell on his eyes, making them even darker. His lips were pale as well and thin. She could almost felt his breath on her face. He smelt like red fruits and mint.


Then she noticed the little sentence on the paper. She read it upside down. What are you talking about? She gave him a wide smile which seemed to confuse even more the boy. "Maybe you really are the one." The boy opened his moouth slightly, the need to speak overwhelming. "Are you- are you a ghost?"


Sora shook her head cheerfully. "Not even close." she answered. "I'm the unfortunate object of a curse. A bad and evil witch casted a spell on me years ago. I swear I'm not a demon!" she quickly added, sensing the suspicion of the guy. "I didn't even do bad things back then. Well, at least I think." She pouted. There was a peculiar gleam in her eyes. "I was sentenced to this loneliness until I find the only one who can see me. I didn't even know if it was meant to be a boy or a girl. But it musn't be a medium, because they always ruin everything."


She wanted to say more but she got interrupted by the dismiss of the class. The sound apparently waked Yoongi up. He hurriedly packed his things and made a sprint to the door. "Wait for me!" she called out. He couldn't escape from her, he couldn't! He was her only chance. She ran after him.


He was making his way to the rooftop. "Don't tell me you are running away from me" she accused, hands in pocket. "because I will take this as an offense." Yoongi put his head in his palms. "Let me breathe. And resume. You are a cursed spirit and your only chance to be saved is to be seen." Sora made a sound of disproval. "Well, technically I'm supposed to be the center of attention for someone. The person must think of me really hard, and believe in me."


She turned to the sky. Yoongi wasn't saying anything, maybe waiting for more explanations. Which she gave him."I can't remember that much my old days as a normal human. But there was this girl. She was the mad replica of the Queen of Hearts, you know in Alice in Wonderland. Don't laugh, we were actually scared for our lives. When something didn't go right with her ways, a person would be suffering the consequences. Even though that person didn't do anything wrong. Found out later she was a real witch. Literally. I was cursed the day when she got rejected. She told me I will have to find someone who can really see me."


"But... I can see you. So why are you still here?" If Sora could cry, she would have tears at her eyes. It was so frustrating. She shook her head faintly. "I don't know. Maybe... maybe it's too early. Maybe you need to see me, well, more specifically. And more, above all."


"Like some kind of double signification? Seeing would be actually knowing you?" Sora closed her eyes tightly, feeling the knot in her chest tightened. "I don't know, OKAY?!" she suddenly yelled.


A glint of something close to guilt flickered in Yoongi's dark eyes. He didn't apologize, but didn't dig further into the problem. He simply watched her as she sat down the floor. The coldness wasn't a problem for her. Several minutes of silence went on, until the guy titled his head. His eyes were less suspicious. "By the way, I'm Yoongi. But you already know it."


Sora laughed softly. "Yeah, Min Yoongi. My name is Sora."


Yoongi hesitated, then gave her a small smile. "Nice to meet you, not-ghost Sora." Then his eyes grew wide. "Or maybe not-so-not-ghost. Look at your arm." Sora's head snapped to her body. Her forearm was translucent. She stood up, stepping back in surprise. "Oh God. What is happening to me?!"


Yoongi scoffed in disbelief. "I'm not sure I'm the one who you should be asking that." Then he frowned. "Maybe... you are freeing yourself from the curse...? Sora, I believe in you."


It was the whole lower part of Sora's body which went transparent with Yoongi's words. The boy smiled, a little, slight, faint smile. But it was a pure and sincere smile. "Sora, I can see you, I can hear you, you told me your story and I believed you. I believe in you."


A single tear fell on the girl's transparent cheek. There was a glow all around Sora's figure. The next moment he blinked, everything disappeared. Only her voice still remained.

 


---

 

 

Min Yoongi woke up the next day, a really weird dream in mind. He had dreamed he saved a girl from a curse. Not still fully awake, he climbed up the school's stairs to his class. But someone bumped into him. He raised his eyes to the person, whose face was rather familiar.


His dream struck him. The same hair, the same expression, the same mocking glint in the eyes. It was the girl from his dream. He couldn't say anything. Until the girl bent forward, kissed him on the cheek, while her voice echoed the word. "Thanks, Yoongi."