Roses.

One Last Wish.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Hey Jjong!" Kibum greeted his puppy-like bestfriend as he plopped down the couch next to him.

Jonghyun looked at Kibum for a second then back to the t.v screen rolling some random show. "Hey." He greeted back.

Kibum pouted when Jonghyun just looked back at the t.v screen and did not even dare to look at him again. Letting out a sigh, Kibum settled himself comfortably on the couch. He looked at Jonghyun for a second seeing how his best friend watch the show intently.

Kibum smiled to himself, at least he's able to be by his side during times like this. Seeing how Jonghyun is too occupied watching t.v, just how did he fall in love with this stupid puppy again? Yes. Kibum is secretly inlove with Jonghyun. He's been in love with this guy next to him for years, but it seems like Jonghyun is too oblivious to even notice his feelings.

Sometimes, Kibum would give the older a hint about his feelings but then, Jonghyun would just shrug it off and just tell the younger things about the girl he had an eye on. Even though it hurt him deep inside, Kibum still manage to give Jonghyun a smile in return. Supporting him on everything he is to do even though it means not having Jonghyun with him. As long as his best friend is happy, he too as well is.

"Do you already have something in mind you want for your last wish Jjong?" Kibum asked him as he looked up in front to watch whatever the older is watching. "You know, the wish will only be valid until tomorrow night." he sing sang teasing the older about the last wish.

A week ago, Jonghyun and Kibum decided to play the famous rock, paper, scissor game. The one who loses will have to give the person who wins three wishes that will be valid for a week. Unfortunately for Kibum, he lost to the said game to his best friend for almost seems like forever ago, Jonghyun.

Jonghyun was very much pleased how he had three wishes from Kibum. Three wishes that Kibum will do for him. He already used his two other wishes the past days. One is for Kibum to run errands for him the whole day - which actually made the younger feline complain a lot and regretted playing that stupid game with a stupid guy - since Jonghyun was too lazy to even move a finger. Two, Jonghyun made Kibum watch a movie with him on the day the younger was too busy. Since Kibum was busy that day, Jonghyun got bored having no one to talk to or even to bug. Being the naughty person he is, he decided to use the wish against Kibum. He's too sure that Kibum won't say no to him because a deal is a deal, so he asked the feline to go watch a movie with him.

And now, Jonghyun is left with only one last wish. One wish the he actually is saving. A wish that he's keeping to be use for something special. Something he's already wanting a long time ago. Something that he now have the courage to do. And something that will definitely make him the happiest person alive.

"That fast?" Jonghyun gasped looking at Kibum whose eyes now are focused on the t.v screen.

Kibum nodded. "Yeah. We agreed that the validity will only be a week right?" he reminded.

Jonghyun's mouth formed a cute 'o' shape remembering the deal they had before starting the game.

--FLASHBACK--

"Kibummie." Jonghyun called the younger whose busy watching a re-run of his favorite drama. "I'm bored."

"I don't care. I'm busy." Kibum answered back.

Jonghyun pouted. "Let's do something fun. Please?" he asked putting on his best puppy eyes to the younger, but then, it was no use since the other won't even spare him a glance.

"Kibummie. Please? Please?" He kept on trying until Kibum let out a sigh and look at him.

"What?" Kibum asked.

"What?" Jonghyun asked in return.

"What do you want to do stupid?" he growled.

Jonghyun pouted again. " Aish. Don't be like that Kibummie. Be good to your hyung!" he said with a louder voice trying to intimidate the other.

Kibum just rolled his eyes to the older and went back to watching the drama.

"Let's play rock, paper, scissor." Jonghyun suggested.

"Too childish." Kibum said.

"The one who loses will give the winner three wishes." Jonghyun added now earning the youngers interest.

"Three wishes?" Kibum asked.

"Yeah. Three wishes. So? You want to play?"

"Call. But.."

"But?"

"But the wishes will only be valid for a week okay? And no wishing for another set of wish." Kibum said.

Jonghyun smiled and nodded agreeing. "Call." He confidently said.

"A deal is a deal Jjong." Kibum said.

"A deal is a deal." Jonghyun said in return. 'And I need to win this game.' he thought to himself.

--END OF FLASHBACK--

"So.." Kibum said now looking at Jonghyun. "Do you already have something in mind? Maybe I can do it today."

Jonghyun nodded and hummed in response, eyes now looking back at the t.v screen.

"What is it?" Kibum asked but did not get any response from the other.

"Ya!" he called. "Are you telling me or not?"

"Ya! Kim Jonghyun!" Kibum pouted.

"Aish! Whatever!! I'm not the one wasting it though." he then said crossing his arms in front of his chest, still pouting.

Jonghyun looked at his now sulking best friend and let out a chuckle seeing how cute Kibum is.

"And you still dare to laugh!" Kibum barked now glaring at him.

"Don't be like that Kibummie." Jonghyun cooed draping an arm around the shoulder of the feline beside him, shaking him a bit. "Hmm? I still want my wish." he said.

"No." Kibum replied.

"Why not? As you said, it's still valid until tomorrow night right? And remember, a deal is a deal Kibummie." he said repeating the others words about the validity and reminding him about the deal.

Kibum rolled his eyes as he tried to free himself from the other yet Jonghyun tightened his hold and wrapped his other arm on Kibum's middle, resting his head on the youngers chest making the felines body trapped in between Jonghyun's one. Kibum's body suddenly tensed from the sudden skinship Jonghyun did. His cheeks getting painted a light color of pink. His heart beating fast inside and butterflies and bees having a war inside his stomach.

Jonghyun smiled as he leaned closer to the youngers chest hearing his heart beats faster than the usual. He inhaled the younger's sweet vanilla scent. Comfort. That's what he feels whenever Kibum is there. He always finds comfort from Kibum.

"You're so tense Kibummie. Is there something wrong?" he asked as he snuggle closer to Kibum warm body.

"W-what?" Kibum stuttered. "N-no. Nothing's wrong." he added making himself relax a bit. It's not that he's not used to Jonghyun's skinship, hell, he's been through a lot of different skinship with the other. Holding hands, hugs, cuddles, playful pecks, those things are already normal between them, but still having a feelings with your best friend is not actually an easy task. Kibum needs to control his feelings, but with Jonghyun acting like this, that is a really impossible task to do.

Kibum took a lungful of air and exhaled, hand finding it's way to the olders head patting it like a child.

"Will you really grant my wish Kibummie?" Jonghyun asked.

"Depends." Kibum answered now playing with the olders dirty blonde locks. "Of course if it's something I can do, I will grant it you stupid puppy." he added.

Jonghyun let out a sigh and pulled himself from the younger, laying his back down the couch instead, head rested on the youngers lap.

Looking up, he met the most beautiful feline like eyes he'd ever seen his entire life. "But it's something I really want Kibummie." he told him looking straight to the youngers brown orbs.

Kibum smiled at him, hands finding it's way back to his dirty blonde locks. "Then tell me."

Jonghyun mirrored the other's smile back and shifted his head to the side looking at the almost forgotten television, showing some random CF commercials.

"What would be my last wish." he sing sang, eyes now attached back on the t.v screen, teasing the younger.

"Aish! Really Jjong!" Kibum exasperatedly said, getting really annoyed how Jonghyun just won't spit it out already. "Just.. You have to tell that wish tomorrow okay? Or else that wish will just go and be a waste."

Jonghyun nodded at the younger.

The two stayed silent for a while. The sounds coming from the t.v was the only thing that can be heard. Both enjoying the presence of each other. Enjoying the time they're alone together. Hearts beating fast and butterflies in their stomachs.

Until Kibum suddenly break it by letting out a sigh pushing the older up. "Why?" Jonghyun asked still laying down.

"I have to go." Kibum told him pushng him up for the second time.

Jonghyun complied, getting up from his position and looked at Kibum. "Where to?" he asked.

"Somewhere." Kibum replied standing up from the couch.

Jonghyun grabbed Kibum's wrist and pulled the younger down again. "Where?" he asked with a stern voice "And with whom?" he added earning a glare from Kibum.

"The Mall. With Minho." Kibum said not wanting to argue with the other.

"Why?" Jonghyun asked again getting protective over the younger.

"Just because." Kibum answered pulling his wrist off the older.

"Why?" Jonghyun whinned tightening his hold on his wrist, putting his best puppy like eyes to let the younger tell him. He knows how much Kibum couldn't resist it.

Kibum tried to look away, biting his lip to not give in to those eyes, but it's not working since the older looks really adorable with those eyes. "Aish. Minho asked me to help him find a suitng necklace for Taemin. Happy?"

Jonghyun hummed in response and let the younger's wrist go. "Very." he answered beaming him a smile. "Take care Kibummie."

"Yeah. Yeah." Kibum said, standing up and brushing off the invisible dust from his clothes. "Bye Dinosaur. I mean puppy. I mean Jonghyun." he teased as he ran out of the olders living room to the front door.

Kibum quickly put on his shoes and put on his jacket. He opened the door and shouted an I'm leaving geting a reply of Take care from the older.

 

 

Kibum walked down the street and made his way to his and Minho's meeting place. Looking around, he saw how leaves slowly danced it's way down to the ground. Autumn. It's already autumn. Time sure do flies without him noticing it.

Time flies, and his feelings for Jonghyun keeps on growing. His onesided at the same time unrequited love. Sometimes he blame all of this to Jonghyun. He blame Jonghyun for being too oblivious. He's so stupid. How can he not get all the hints Kibum gave him. If he did, how can he just disregard hi feelings. How?

But above all, why, of all others, why in the hell did he fall in love with Jonghyun. Just why?

Kibum stopped for a moment. His heart beating fast with just the thought of Jonghyun. Cheeks reddening as he remember how close they were back in the house. Just why?

Suddenly, his phone dinged telling him he has a message. He quickly fished his phone from his jacket and slide it open seeing a message from the person he is currently thinking of. "Missing me already huh?" he mumbled to himself.

He quickly opened the message to read it.

From: Jjongiesaur.

You want to know my wish right Kibummie?

Then come to Onew-hyung's chicken place tomorrow at 7:00pm. Let's have dinner with him and the two lovebirds. ^^

I believe I still have until 8:00 for my wish right?

There, I would tell you what my wish is..

See ya! ^^

 

 

"Hyung! Is everything ready?" Jonghyun asked Onew as he paced back and forth the stores kitchen.

"Everything's settled Jonghyun." Onew told him for the nth time that night. Jonghyun have been really nervous since the time he arrived at the store. He's been planning this with Onew and with the two other's help for some time now, and he's wishing that this plan will turn out to be fine.

"What time is it?" Jonghyun asked, even though having a wrist watch of his own, he can't seem to have the courage to look at the time since he gets more nervous seeing the clocks' hands ticks every second.

"It's only 6:30 Jonghyun." Onew said shaking his head in disbelief. This is the first time he had seen Jonghyun like this.

"." Jonghyun cursed. "Knowing Kibum, he'll probably be here any minute now."

"Whoa! Can you just stop Jonghyun?! Everything will turn out fine okay?" Onew told him. "Now sit down, as you said, Kibum will be here anytime now." he added.

"But hyung--"

Onew pushed Jonghyun down the chair and let him sit down. "For the nth time already today Jonghyun, things will turn out well okay? Now, I'm going to check on Minho and Taemin outside. Just stay here okay? huh? huh? And for god's sake, calm down Jonghyun!" Onew lectured and head out the kitchen once Jonghyun stayed still on his seat and nodded at him. Sometimes - no, most of times - Jonghyun can be too irritating.

Onew looked around the store and saw Minho and Taemin seated on the table at the other side of the store. The chicken store looks normal. A normal chicken place where customers are all enjoying their meals. Each and everyone having all their different moods.

The elder walked to the two younger and sat down on the chair in front of them. "So?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"We're all settled." Minho said with Taemin nodding beside him.

"We have already talked to them and they all agreed." Taemin added.

"Good." Onew smiled. "The dino is already freaking out." he added making the three of them chuckle.

"That's already expected hyung." Minho commented.

"How about Kibum by the way?" Onew asked.

The two looked at each other then back to Onew, both beaming Onew a smile.

"We just called him, he said he's on his way." Taemin cheered.

"Well, let's just hope for this event to turn out well." Onew said again making the two younger nod in response.

 

 

Kibum arrived in front of Onew's chicken place that night earlier than the set time. He is the type of person who always value time so he always came on or before the scheduled time.

He entered the store hearing a cling from the door, being greeted by a sight of lot's of customers. As always, his Onew-hyung's chicken is the best.

"Aish. I bet Jonghyun would ask me to buy him chicken for his last wish." he mumbled to himself as he walked further in cathching the sight of three of his friends - Onew, Taemin and Minho - seated on the other side of the place - their usual seat.

He quickly walked to their table and sat down beside his Onew-hyung. "Hey." he greeted.

"You came." Minho said beaming him a warm smile.

"Yeah." Kibum answered. "Where's Jonghyun?" he asked not seeing any sight of the said guy anywhere.

"He's not yet here." Onew answered.

"Don't tell me he'll be late again?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. Kibum let out a sigh remembering how Jonghyun sometimes - well, most of the times - comes late during times like this saying how he needed to do some other things first which will he soon find out how Jonghyun just met up with a girl or something.

"Anyway." Onew snapped getting the three youngers attention. "We can just start eating without him right? I bet you guys are hungry." he suggested.

"Starving." Taemin commented making them chuckle.

They agreed on eating without Jonghyun so Onew went back to the kitchen to get them something to eat.

Onew entered the kitchen being greeted with a sight of Jonghyun peeking outside, not noticing him. "Jonghyun." he called startling the other.

"Hyung!!" Jonghyun looked back at him.

"We'll start eating without you." Onew teased making Jonghyun pout. "You can just eat here." he added.

"I know." Jonghyun answered as Onew told some of his employees to prepare his own orders.

"Just wait a little bit more hmm?" Onew cheered him.

Onew is the very

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter