The Day My World Froze

The Day My World Froze

Chapter 1: Lucky, right?

Luck, I never believed in it until today. Luck got me where I am right now, sitting on an uncomfortable chair tapping my feet uncontrollably waiting for my name to be called.

I was contestant number eight hundred and forty three, and I just happened to be lucky enough to figure out where the auditions were going to be held.

I swear that it was mere coincidence for me to bump into a crumbled piece of paper and look at the content it had. It said something about being the next top idol and I did not hesitate to look at the address and run towards the building. It was mere luck.

I was trembling with anxiety as I saw the contestants and noticed I was not the only with a good voice, most of those voices where perfect. But mine was just normal, average, but hey I got nothing to lose.

"Contestant number 187, Misuke Yuno." A voice at the stage yelled and I hopped from my seat and took a deep breath.

"Hai. Misuke Yuno. Nice to meet you." I bowed my head slightly and felt the stares of the judges. This was not an audition for a music contest nor was some type of reality show. This was my ticket for success and dream.

The bright light soon hurt my pupils and made my legs go numb. My body was rigid on the outside but my soul was shaking like crazy. I was sweating and my mouth felt dry. Yet I couldn't let myself loose to this opportunity. It was my only and perhaps last chance to show my talent. 

“I am the best by 2en1.” I replied smoothly as they asked for the song I was going to perform. “Isn’t that a Korean band?”

I nodded my head slightly, “Demo, I will sing the Japanese version.”

“Are you going to perform the choreography as well?”

“Hai.” As I responded they signaled a man to hand me the wireless microphone and I took it shyly.

As they proceeded on putting the record I felt my muscles relaxing. I felt the beat and my body started moving on its own. It was the same feeling I had when I performed on the streets. My voice mimicked the melody and it was working in unison with my soul.

 

At the end of the performance I took one last glance at the judges they were staring at me normally. No signs of astonishment or whatsoever. “Thank you.” I merely said as I made my way out of the stage.

“Tomorrow morning you are to be present at the company.” I turn my body in their direction and bit my lip.

“We will assign you a manager, as well as singing classes in order to improve just a little your potential.”

“Hai.” I said still dumfounded

“And we would too present you formally as part of the company.”

The lady smiled and said, “Welcome to PSC Misuke.”

 

November 17, 2007

I still cannot believe the thing that just happened to me. As I returned to my apartment with Kisa and the kids I was still perplexed and unable to talk. They merely laughed at me and hugged me, as they did that I cried my heart out. I was happy and excited. For the first time life seems to be smiling at me. Kami-sama Arigatou… Please let me sing until the last days of my life. Yuno out!

PS. Fighting to the end!

 

Authors Note: "Kisa and the kids" I will explain later on who they are and what role they play on her life.

also 2en1 is an awesome Korean band with great potential ^.^