Chapter 14

My Merman Named Donghae

          “So tell me about your family,” Eunhyuk requested as he and Donghae lie together in bed snuggled up next to each other as close as they could be.

          “They were great; I have a little sister,” Donghae informed as he laid his head on Eunhyuk’s chest and ran a hand down his torso.

          “Oh you do?” Eunhyuk asked, raking his fingers through Donghae’s brunette hair.

          “Yeah, her name’s Desiree, she wanted to come back with me; I told her to wait until she got a little older before venturing up here to land,” Donghae explained.

          “How old is she?” Eunhyuk wondered.

          “She’s only thirteen,” Donghae said.

          “Wow, so what are your parents like? Did you tell them about me?” Eunhyuk slowly inquired, tightening his arms protectively around the merman.

          “They wanted me to stay with them, but I told them that I had fallen in love with a beautiful human and I couldn’t abandon him,” Donghae muttered as he reached up a hand pulled down Eunhyuk’s face to press against his own. “They understood and said they loved me no matter what, but that I can’t return to see them, because I chose a life with you. That’s my punishment for loving a human, remaining on land for the remainder of my life.”

          “You gave up your family to be with me?” Eunhyuk asked quietly.

          Donghae kissed Eunhyuk’s lips and responded “Yes, I chose the life that would make me the happiest.”

          “But, but you gave up your family, a chance to live in the ocean with your own kind, all that for someone like me,” Eunhyuk reminded. “Why would you do that?”

          The merman wrapped his arms around Eunhyuk’s neck and kissed his lips once more before whispering “Because I love you, I love you more than anything in the world. I chose you as my mate; I want no one but you and only you, forever.”

          At that moment, Eunhyuk witnessed Donghae allow a single tear to slip down his cheek. Eunhyuk kissed it away before Donghae’s face and replying “I love you too Donghae, I want to take care of you; I wish I could hold you in my arms forever, because I never want to let you go again.”

          “I don’t want you to let me go again,” Donghae muttered as he pressed a kiss against Eunhyuk’s jaw.

          “Stay with me forever Donghae,” Eunhyuk pleaded as he held the merman’s face in his hands.

          “Always,” Donghae confirmed as he placed his hands on his human lover’s waist and kissed Eunhyuk once more.

          *Six months later*

          Donghae and Eunhyuk sat on the beach one afternoon looking at the waves. “Does the water look tempting?” Eunhyuk playfully asked as he kissed the back of Donghae’s neck.

          The merman giggled quietly before replying “Yeah, but I’d rather stay here with you.” He turned his head to press a quick kiss against Eunhyuk’s lips.

          “Hey, I got you something,” Eunhyuk informed as he reached into his bag he’d brought.

          “What is it?” Donghae curiously asked.

          Eunhyuk pulled a book out of his bag and showed the cover to Donghae. “My new book went out today and I want you to be the first one to see it,” he said, handing it to Donghae.

          “Ooh, let me see,” Donghae replied, taking the hardback book from his human and gazing at the title. “You named it “My Merman Named Donghae’.”

          “Yep,” Eunhyuk confirmed as he hugged Donghae’s shoulders. “It’s based on you and me. It’s about a guy who finds an injured merman, takes care of him, and ultimately ends up falling in love with him.”

          “Aww, I like it,” Donghae said. “I feel very honored to be a topic of your story; I’m sure it’ll be a bestseller.”

          “It will be, but no one will ever know it’s based on a true story,” Eunhyuk replied. “They’ll think it’s a remake of the Little Mermaid or something.”

          “That’s okay, we know the truth,” Donghae reminded. “And the stories do have one thing in common.”

          “What’s that?” Eunhyuk inquired.

          “The main character ends up with their human prince and lives happily ever after,” Donghae stated as he turned his head to look at Eunhyuk. The blonde ran a hand through Donghae’s hair as the two kissed one another, while the ocean waves crashed in front of them, and the white foam grazed at their feet. 

 

 

Thank you to all my readers and subscribers for the support! I'm glad ya'll like my story, and I hope you enjoy my other stories I published and will future publish.