* one

Raspberries

I stood up with a handful of red fruits I wanted to eat right then and there. It looked so delicious I had to restrain myself before putting one in my mouth. I won with the sudden urge and focused on something else instead - my eyes stopped on Taehyung's figure again this morning. He was kneeling, searching for mouth-watering wild raspberries with a little basket next to him. I was staring for a bit too long so he felt my eyes on him and turned his head in my direction. His expression quickly changed from a focused one to the bright smile that made my heart beat a little faster. I myself smiled in response, still enchanted by that eye-smile I couldn't get used to - even after all those years spent in one band. I'd even say the more he smiled the more charming it seemed to be. I kneeled next to him, leaving my wicker basket on the soft grass close by. I followed his every move with my eyes. I didn't even realize that I was holding my breath while observing him. I admired the subtle way he was holding the juicy red fruits with his fingertips. I tried to focus back on our task so I grabbed a few raspberries and dropped them into the basket. But instead of putting it into mine, I was so distracted by Taehyung's presence that I mistook the basket with his. I frowned when he wanted to drop the fruits too the exact moment and our hands brushed. The moment I felt his cold fingers upon mine, my heart stopped just to beat two times faster the next second. He blushed cutely - at least I think I saw him blushing, I'm not sure if it did happen or if it was just my imagination - and looked away. Trying to cover up the thick uneasiness, he laughed nervously. The sound was surprisingly loud though, and that made him cover the mouth with his hand in a sharp move. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. Moreover, the whole situation seemed so intense, just like in a romantic comedy - there were only the two of us, alone, trapped in between green leaves and beautifully-smelling wild fruits. As if it wasn't enough, soft echo of the birds' singing could be heard from time to time, ringing in the background. It was just perfect. But there was something - someone - that was even more ideal compared to all the pros of nature. He was truly beautiful himself, he didn't need any background to enhance the effect. Kneeling there, in still wet and cool grass, so close to him was like a sweet scene I've dreamt of countless times. He asked me something, but I was too focused on his lips and a little white cloud caused by the words that escaped his mouth. Although it was a cool morning and the tufts of grass were covered with dew - I wasn't cold at all, not when he were next to me in the middle of nowhere. The eye contact with Taehyung kept my heart beat faster, spreading the warmth through my whole body. He broke the contact as the raspberries caught his attention again. I watched the moves of his hands, fingertips that were a bit red because sometimes he used too much strength while grabbing the fruits - maybe he was a little nervous, too? The tension in this small space we were alone in couldn't go unnoticed. One of the raspberries was so soft and full-fledged that it burst when the boy touched it, covering his fingers in red juice. The boy cursed quietly, probably afraid he'd soil his grey hoodie, and quickly moved the fingers to the mouth, then took the fruit that fell apart in the soft lips of his. I knew I was staring, but I was kind of enchanted by the view of Taehyung on his slender fingers while trying to get rid of the bloody droplets that kept running down his fingers. I froze and stopped breathing in the middle of an inhale, gazing at him. And then the boy turned again to smile as he always did - wide and brightly, eyes crinkling. "Want some, too?" He grabbed one fruit with his fingers and showed to me. I restrained myself from saying that the only thing I want is him. I nodded slowly instead, trying my best to act casually. I couldn't comprehend, how could he act so freely around me, when I couldn't make a move? Was he really this oblivious? I reached for the fruit with my hand, but then suddenly a different thought came to my mind. I didn't give myself any time to think about it - I just grabbed his wrist and pulled myself closer, then took the raspberry into my mouth before instinctively closing my eyes. I looked him in the eyes again when my lips accidentally brushed his fingertips, he had an expression of a soundless gasp - breath stopped, lips parted slightly. No wonder he was surprised, I myself was as I acted without thinking much. But was I this unpredictable, couldn't he read my feelings earlier? 

I thought he'd push me away - I was even thinking of an excuse or explanation why I've done this - but he didn't. My mind has gone blank when instead of scolding me Taehyung put his cold hand on my cheek and neck. Somehow he happened to be much closer than before, so close that our hot breaths mixed. I could see little sparks in his eyes surrounded by dark, long eyelashes. Was it only sudden lust or maybe something more, something I hoped for? I didn't know back then. My head was spinning with so many questions I wanted to hear answers for. I remember myself denying those feelings, but that only made me drowning more and more until that moment, until I couldn't control it. Maybe he wasn't sure of what he was doing like I was, yet a small sigh of relief escaped my lips as he listened to his body and slowly, carefully closed the distance between us. Our lips brushed. I closed my eyes and let myself drown in the sweet flavour of our kiss. We parted so the gap between our lips counted only a few centimetres. We stayed like this for a longer moment, just inhaling our breaths that smelled of raspberries.

"Hobi-hyung..." the boy whispered as he wanted to continue to say something important that was bothering him, with his hand still on my neck. But he didn't. "Hm?" He stayed still and quiet. It looked like he was fighting with himself on the inside so I tried to encourage him. I was getting impatient, about to make a move first - the tension built compared to the birds singing peacefully in the background was driving me crazy. But suddenly he moved, surprising me again that morning. The touch on my neck become more intense as he closed the gap again after his lips.  This time I could feel his tense body as I leaned into the kiss. The longer we were kissing, the hotter it was becoming. I could feel his mouth opening wider, sliding his tongue in. A shiver came down my spine when I did the same, the feeling of hot muscles brushing made me want more. My body was burning hot, head spinning. I even forgot I was on my knees. Unexpectedly, a muffled sound of a song could be heard. I almost jumped as I had set the vibrations on earlier. Still, we completely ignored the phone's ringing, I didn't even make a move to cancel the call. I focused on him instead, who has entangled fingers in my hair. The phone stopped ringing just to play the same song again only seconds later. Hesitantly we pulled apart and I answered the call a bit angrily.

"Hobi-hyung, Jimin and I already finished, we have a lot of raspberries and Namjoon-hyung praised us, he said-" "okay, Jeongkookie. Details,please." - I interrupted, probably making the maknae pout - he's done it countless times so I had no problems imagining him on the other side. "We should get going for practise. Namjoon-hyung said to hurry" I almost laughed at the loss of his enthusiasm.

"Okay. Wait for us" - I ended the call. Taehyung was looking at me, a bit confused - it seemed like he was thinking about what had just happened. I was nervous again, I didn't know how to act. But the feeling of insecurity was gone the moment he leaned forward, kissed me on the cheek and quickly stood up, leaving me dumbfounded. I watched as he grabbed our baskets and asked if I was going with a wide smile of his. I stood up from my knees - the dark blue denim had some green patterns - and smiled, too.

"Okay. Let's go then. I really want to eat what we found" he laughed quietly at my words as we took the way back to the main road.