Chapter 1

Another ME

I was in line, waiting for the concert hall doors to admit us in. I am totally bored. Totally, as heck, bored. I'm not supposed to be in here. I should be in Infinite's concert. Not here. Pffft~

My name is Seta Ayumi. Half-Korean, half-Japanese. I have an older brother and a younger sister. She is the main reason why I am here in the first place. She insisted that I accompany her since it'll be her 16th birthday next week. :( Infinite oppadeul, mianhaeyo. Waaaaaa~~~~

"Yah! Eonni!" That was Harumi, my sister. She yelled at me for the nth time. I really think that my ears would bleed anytime soon. I looked at her with furrowed brows. The kid is just grinning at me. -_____- <--my face.

"What again?" I said as I raised a brow at her. Now, she's giving me that puppy eyed look as if she did something really wrong. Being the youngest, Haru can have everything she wants. I can have everything I wanted to but, me, being older than her, is expected to be more mature.

"I know you wanted to go to Infinite's concert because Sungyeol-oppa's there," Oooooooooh~ My Choding Yeollie-oppa. "But there is no waaaaaaay. Absolutely no way that I can attend this concert without you, Eonni. You know how Yuu-oppa is. Mianhaeyo Eonni." Yuu-oppa is our eldest brother. He's in Japan with our Dad. He's a sucessful actor there and kinda overprotective when it comes to his sisters. We love our oppa. His word is law. That's why I let go of my dream of being an idol. Hell, who's the kpopper or a normal person at that, who wouldn't want to be an idol? Tell me. That's every fan's dream. And I'm not excluded from that.

Don't get me wrong guys. I love my sister. It's just that. Well... I wanted to be in Infinite's concert because my bias Lee Sungyeol is there. :(( There'll be another time.

Before I could respond to my sister, someone held my hand and dragged me away from the line. Creepy. The man is wearing a leather jacket with the word SECURITY at the back. Omo~ What did I do? Ahjussi, I behaved well at the line, why drag me away? T^T

In a secluded area of the concert hall, SECURITY ahjussi stopped and faced me. I would recognize that face with or without a face mask. I gave him a sharp stare. A stare that can kill a person. I AM SOOOOOOOO IRRITATED! UGH!

I heaved a sigh before I uttered his name.

"KIM.JONG.DAE. Do you seriously want to die? Now? Here. Precisely in this spot."

He raised his hands in defeat. He even had the guts to act scared. I just sighed. My threats never work on him.

"You know I can't talk to you in public. Wanna be stalked by sasaengs? Wanna start a dating rumor with me?" He grinned. Oh, yeah. Great. And piss me off really bad. I can't blame those people. Jongdae's a part of EXO now and he's more known as Chen onstage. We've been best of friends since we were children in Siheung. I auditioned earlier than him that's why I went to Seoul. Then he did. And we're together again. Yey! Noooooo~ I know what you're thinking guys. No. We're not into a romantic relationship. This relationship is friendship. Purely platonic. He's like my twin brother. Puh-lease~

ReiMushroom: Really?

Yumi: Yeah, author-nim.

RM: Jeongmal?

Yumi: Neh.

RM:Arasseo. *tongue out*

I just nodded. "It's hard being an idol, eh?" I asked him. It's been quite a while since the last time we saw each other. He's been busy touring Asia and the world with EXO while I'm busy because of my college examinations. 

"Yeah. But it has its own ups and downs. I'm happy." He responded with a smile.

"Cool. You attending with EXO?"

"Yup. It's SHINee-sunbaenimdeul after all. How about you? To tell you honestly, I was suprised to see you outside. Why are you here? I heard Infinite has their own concert today. Why not attend that? You're a hardcore Inspirit." He suddenly inquired. He craned his head and REALLY FOCUSED on what I am going to say. Well, that's Jongdae for you.

"It's Haru's birthday next week. She wanted me to accompany her since Yuu-oppa wouldn't let her attend by herself." I explained to him but it seems that he didn't buy it.

"You mean you've been coerced by Haru-ya? That seems fishy to me.  How can that be possible? She never won over you. Not once. You're too stubborn to let her win over you, Yumi-ya." Whoa. He really knows me. :)

"You know I can't say no to oppa." I said with a sad smile.

He nodded. "You also quit training just a few months before your debut. You were supposed to debut earlier than me. Your standing's great but because of your brother's whim, you let your dream go. All chances wasted." He looked serious. And that's rare for him. You heared him right though. I was supposed to debut earlier than him. We were both in SM before. I was a trainee. I trained for more than 3 years but I let it all go because of my oppa. This is also the reason why I don't like attending SM concerts. Most of them know me already. They would recognize me. T^T

"Earth to Seta Ayumi. Are you still there?" Jongdae even waved his hands in front of me, trying to catch my attention. I must've spaced out. "What were you thinking?" I just shook my head in response.

"I'd better get back in line. Haru-ya's alone there."

"Okay. But wear this." Then, he put a mushroom hat on top of my head. "I know you're still a fan of SHINee. Don't dare deny that. It's still obvious." Then he winked before leaving me alone.

Oh. All right. I'm their fan. It's just that I don't want to remember what I've lost. What I gave up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yosh! Chapter 1 done! What do you think about it guys? We are definitely accepting comments and suggestions about this story. Just comment, okay? :)

 

ReiMushroom