1150728

I'll be counting.

"Promise you'll think of me?"

"Always."

"Promise you'll call me?"

"Always."

"Promise you'll skype me?"

"Always."

Hyuntae hummed in approval, a smile lifting the corners of his lips. He reached out and Jade's face. "2 months...what am I gonna do without you?"

"You can still reach me," Jade replied, her hand stopping his, her cheek nuzzling against it for the last time.

"You'll be so far away. I'm used to you being near to me. All the time. I'm going to die." Hyuntae whimpered overdramatically, burying his face in the crook of her neck, breathing her in. "Japan. That's like 575 miles away. That's like 1 million 150 thousand 782 steps away."

Jade shook her head, an incredulous chuckle escaping her. "Hyuntae..."

"I did my research. 1 million 150 thousand 782 steps away. That's a freaking lot," he pulled her closer to him until their bodies were practically glued together. "Now we're at zero, and I still want to be closer to you."

"Aw, babe," Jade kissed his nose. Because of how carefree, silly and shameless he was onstage and in front of cameras, people were always quick to assume that Hyuntae was an "anything-goes" kind of person. But Jade knew that when it came to things he really loved and cared about, he was appallingly calculative and meticulous. This was how she knew that Hyuntae loved her deeply.

Hyuntae pouted. "I'll miss you so much."

"I'll miss you more," Jade replied before sitting up. She turned and looked back at him. "Come on then, help me pack the rest of my stuff."

Her boyfriend sighed and reluctantly got up too. He took her hand in his and said quietly, "I'll be counting the steps. I'll be counting them 'til they reach zero and you're in my arms again."