Chapter I

She's my heaven

I really wonder if that crazy girl knows how petite she looks. Does she actually know how beautiful she is? That skirt she’s wearing… argh, how many times have I told her not to wear it? Why is it that she doesn’t listen to me at all?!

 

Oh hi by the way, my name is Jiyong. I am the next successor of the most notorious gang in my hometown. Do I sound normal to you… puhleese, I top my school every semester! Just because I am a gangster doesn’t mean that I don’t study okay? You guys really have the wrong impression of gangsters. We are only gangsters because we have someone, or something that we want and desire to protect dearly. I have lost my family members in a serious gang brawl 2 years ago. My father was the previous leader of the gang, together with his 4 other friends. All of the gangsters from the previous generation have sacrificed their lives for their kids, which include my 4 best friends, Sol, Tempo, Dlite, and Vi. The four of us are the next in succession of the gang.  Similar to the others, I have someone that I want to protect with my life. She’s my first love. Did I tell you about her? I met her when I was 5. Her dad was in the gang too, but unlike the other kids, she had little interest in all the bloodshed and fighting. She preferred reading. I confessed to her when I was 16, and she accepted me. It was the best day of my life! But right after that, the gang brawl happened. I promised myself that I would never again see the lives of my loved ones being threatened again. We’ve been together for 5 years, but she refuses to listen to my heed to take care of herself. Argh, what should I do to this girl…

 

We study in the same school, but because I am one year her senior, we are not in the same class. Did I tell you! My girl is also the top in her level. Damn. We have good brains. She has loads of fanboys around, but none of them dares to make a move on her because of me. But that being said, they still ogle at her, and that’s honestly enough to make my blood boil.

 

“Yah, jagi, are you seriously going to wear that skirt to school? Don’t you see how the guys in school stare at you like you’re a piece of meat? No no no, get another skirt if you really want to wear it. A longer one! Or better still you can just wear jeans, you look great in that too!” I commented to my girl in the morning. Because technically the both of us belong in the gang together, we stay in the headquarters together with the other kids. Sol was the first to see her actually, but he told me about it. And thus I could complain to her about it. Sol is the best friend of the best friend. We were born in the same year, so technically we have been friends since we were babies. I heard that our mums were best friends too.

 

“What? How do you know what skirt I’m wearing when you haven’t seen me yet? Did Sol tell you again! That betrayer…” haha. I love it when my girl calls Sol the betrayer.

 

Every morning, I would have to explain to my girl about how much I do not want the other guys to stare at her. She’s so silly! She thinks that I would always be there to protect her. I mean of course I would, but what if one day I am sick or something? Aish, can’t this girl think more? How did she even top the level with that thinking of hers…

 

I have many fangirls in school. They say its because I’m good looking and cute and handsome and smart blahblah. I hardly have the time to listen to them talk nonsense. I am only for my girl, my tokki. Oh right! I didn’t tell you that I call my girl tokki too. Why? Don’t tell her I told you this, but she looks like a baby rabbit. Shes so cute! But too bad, you can only admire her from afar. I mean, don’t even admire her. How dare you look at a girl who is going to get married! You marriage wrecker… oops. I’m just kidding! Haha I get agitated everytime it comes to the relationship of me and my girl. Anyway, as I was saying, I barely have the time to look at my fangirls! I’m busy looking at tokki’s fanboys. They’re pests. Monsters. Everytime I see anyone of them staring at her, I feel like gorging out their eyes. They dare not do it openly though, because of my position. I guess being a successor of a gang helps you with your influence.

 

That’s my day everyday. But I realized I have not told you about the reason why she’s the one I would protect. Besides being my girlfriend and future wife of course, I would like to protect her from the other bad people out there. There are people everyday who would hunt us down for our lives because of our background, but she’s someone I can never lose. Without her, there’s no life in me. She’s like a butterfly, you know? She is my pleasure, and she’s my dreamer. She makes my life complete. I don’t ever want to lose her. I don’t ever want to be apart from her. She’s the one in my life, and she’s more beautiful than heaven.