Indesctructible

Indestructible

The concert arena is filled with restless SONEs. Every fan holding their own pink light sticks and cameras, ready to catch any and every moment of the girls. The lights go out, and excited screams fill the concert venue. The VCR runs, and you see all nine girls, running and playing like the idiots they are, the idiots you've come to know and love. The video is over, and it is dark once more. You hear a familiar tune, their debut song. Hopeful gasps fill the air, and the lights turn on. Desperate eyes search the venue, and land on a group of people, lined up perfectly. They step apart, going into the oh so familiar 'V' position. And a tear escapes your eyes as you see the gaping hole where she used to be.

Nonetheless, you cheer for the eight members, who obviously practiced hard for this moment. They've performed several songs by now, and you can tell the group is struggling, filling in for a missing member. You see Taeyeon filling in her lines, sometimes Tiffany, sometimes Seohyun. And occasionally, Sunny would try to hit her adlibs. Sunny's vocals had improved, and you feel yourself swelling with pride. But it's not the same. And you sit down for a while.

The first half is over. The girls gather around in the center, ready to talk and interact with the fans. 

"How is everyone doing tonight~?" Tiffany.

Usually, you'd just scream. Usually everyone would be screaming. And that's just what they did.

"Where is Jessica??!?"

The talk goes on.

Before you know it, the concert arena lights dim out, and another VCR is played. They're sitting in the dance practice room, and this time, you see only eight. The camera pans to the left, and you see Hyoyeon and Yuri, dancing in the corner, teaching Yoona a few steps. The camera pans a little to the right, showing Seohyun, Sunny, and Tiffany sitting near the air conditioner. And you smile, remembering how she loved air conditioners. 

But then the camera goes all the way to the other side of the room. And you see Taeyeon just sitting there. Being the leader, the scandal had definitely taken it's toll on her, and had affected her the most amongst the remaining eight members. Seeing the once dorky girl sitting there lifelessly, breaks your heart. Sooyoung pops out from behind the camera, and waves. She assured us that SNSD is strong, that Soshibond is strong, and that you wouldn't understand, if you weren't a part of SNSD.

You knew what she was referring to. If you weren't a fan, you would have been deeply offended, but you knew better. You all knew better. 

The VCR was over, and the lights come back on, showing the girls in a new outfit, ready to perform the next set of songs. You're trying so hard to keep your tears at bay, and somehow you manage to do so. Cheering, and attempting to sing along before chuckling at how pathetic you were. 

They didn't know you, and yet you were so emotionally invested in them. They had lost a sister, a family member, and to you, it felt like a part of you were missing. 

By this time, you realize that the final set of songs was finished. The concert was nearly over. The lights begin to dim again, and you stand up, wanting to leave, when you hear an all too familiar voice. Stunned, you whip your head around.

The concert venue is silent. The concert venue is dark. Except for the lights focusing on the center stage, and the person standing there. 

"I said~ How are all my Maomaos doing tonight~?"

The tears you tried so hard to keep from falling, are now streaming down your face. Your hand comes up to cover your mouth in an attempt to stifle your cries.

She pouts. "Come on it's not fun if you're not going to respond..."

There are a few shouts from the lower section of the arena.

"First, I really wanted to tell you that I'm truly sorry that I've caused so much trouble, and brought you guys so much pain."

Noise. All of a sudden you hear so much noise. It seems that more of the fans have recovered from their state of shock.

"Second, I want to say something but I want my members up here with me." She turns around and gestures to someone. Soon enough, the light broadens, and the other eight members step into the light, joining Jessica. 

"You guys ready? I want you all to say this with us!"

She glances at her members.

"JIGEUMEUN!"

"SO NYUH SHI DAE!" You hear the arena scream back, not missing a beat.

"AP EU RO DO!"

"SO NYUH SHI DAE!" You join in the chant.

"YOUNG WON HI!"

"SO NYUH SHI DAE!" And that's when you lose it completely. You're plain bawling at this point, and so are the fans around you. You hear the girls, all nine girls this time, giggling and laughing, like in the first video.

"So to make up for my absence from all previous activities, we want to dedicate another song to you guys. Ready?" 

Yes.

They're holding hands now, and you hear the final song begin to play.

"Mmm~ Indestructible~"

You hold your light stick up high, and you couldn't be prouder.