Escape: To be safe [Chapter 2]

Escape

Yuki 

The last digit was called and echoed into the room. I’m almost positive that people were watching us not move a muscle. People all around us were suddenly computer generated and tall business buildings were towering over us. All…of these people looked so real. I glanced around only to see the other that were participating charge to the center grab all sorts of useful tools. My heart stopped…So many thoughts were being crammed into my head the I wasn’t allowed to think correctly, like a bad train wreck was taking place. I was the only one still standing in my spot that I was originally in. My eyes flickered even more as felt numb, sweaty, nervous, about to break down, this was indeed the feeling of being scared.

People into me as I stood, cursing as they walked by. I raised my left hand outwards ready to sprint, but my eyes widened in my jaw dropped something else was preventing me to do so, blood, blood was appearing rapidly, immediately, my body turned to the opposite side of the massacre. Screams were suddenly heard as they reached my ears, surrounding me in panic, these screams were so high pitched and blood curdling. 

I didn’t think, I just ran into the street…until…suddenly a bullet grazed the side of my head, my eyes widened as the slow motion returned.

The blood…my blood flew past my eyes, like the droplets were attached to the bullet itself, My body was falling to the floor. I don’t understand. As my head smashed against the pavement, I immediately placed my right hand over my wound that was now bleeding and refused to stop. More bullets were fired and heard as the sound stormed through the sky. The screaming was non-stop as my whimpering mixed along with it. I faced the person who shot me…

It was that girl…the girl that I looked at in that one room. What was her name again…ahh…w…watanabe mayu! 

"no…stop!" I shouted as I began screaming loudly…my face became wet from my tears that were falling, the tears that couldn’t be caught. "Stop!!" , I yelled once more as she raised her hand where the gun was located her finger was on the trigger ready to pull it without hesitation. My breath was heavy and my heart beat wouldnt stop. "Mayu!" A girl with short hair sprinted to mayu and demanded her to stop what she was doing. More screams were riding there way towards us and multiple computer generated people were screaming at the scene to, blood more blood was appearing behind the two girls. "Your lucky." Mayu shouted and suddenly looked behind her. "come on." The other girl with brown hari added to mayu as she gripped her hand and began running to defense, doing what I needed to be doing right now. 

I needed some one to help me. 

"sae…" I uttered as I tried to stand by my eye sight was blurry my body became tired. I stumbled rapidly, I couldn’t stand correctly as I kept falling over. "YUKI!" A familiar voice shouted loudly to me as I instantly out after that. 

 

Rena 

I was panting loudly still in a good state, not touched by any weapon. I was running into a forest nearby…it was dark, everything was dark, I couldn’t see but only a pinch.

"dammit.." 

I whispered out I was stopped. I tried to gulp heavily but there was something in my throat that wasn’t allowing me to. My body was trembling heavily at this point, my body was sweating immensely. 

"What do you think you doing?’

A question was asked as the knife that was held against my neck deepened, almost piercing my skin with it’s sharp edges. I was at a loss of words, by now I have given up, I didn’t wanna play this, and this was how my death was going to be…the knife was pressed deeper against my neck causing it to bleed do to me not answering the question. I stared into the other females eyes as she did nothing but glare at me. 

"i dunno…"

I complained as a long pause was the only thing between me and her. She had short hair and her eyes were filled with a blackness that would freak out anybody. the redness from my blood began staining my white shirt, she softly pulled away the knife as I suddenly felt the stinging in my neck. I gripped my neck harshly since it was only a skin wound. 

I bent over trying to catch my breath that was so valued at this point. “you don’t seem dangerous…i’m matsui..” she placed her right hand on my shoulder to have me face her, her hand was harsh, rough. “Listen, I don’t trust you but i’m in need of a partner and if you say no i’ll kick your , if you try to kill me, I’ll do worse.” she gave me a little push as I stumbled backwards a little. A sudden gunshot was heard from the place I had just ran from, someone yelling stop, from now on, my personality has to be cold if I want to leave, I can’t help her. I turned my body to the younger girl. “i’m matsui as well.” I softly nodded as stuck close to her wanting my safety, since she was the only one with a weapon.

Yui

I was scared…..wasn’t everyone scared? People were probably watching and laughing at us, they think this is funny. I have found a safe place, It was a abandoned building, the stench surround me but I didn’t care at this point, I would rather have my life. The bricks were rotten and the walls appeared like they were going to cave inwards. 

"Come on…this seems like a safe place…"

I abruptly heard a high pitched voice from the outside of the walls of my location, at least I had a gun on me, I shouldn’t cower down to these people, but two to one, i’ll take my chances. My frightened emotions has quickly left my body without leaving any traces of it, as the emotion was replaced with anger, I lept downwards from the stairs to to the 1st ground level. I stood in front of the only door located in the building, As soon as I aimed my silver pistol at the door and smashed open as I had seen a familiar face….was it? 

it was…

"paruru.." I promptly spoke softly and smiled as our eyes met with each other, she was a family friend. Safety was smashed into my body as she wrapped her arms around my neck harshly, refusing to let go of me, I softly wrapped my arms around her waist, letting go of my weapon without hesitation. "are you okay?" she quickly asked still attached to me. I nodded as a response. The other girl that was next to us stared with confusion as she shook it off and kept shut. this felt goo, to be safe.