I Remember

I Knew A Boy Once

I knew a boy once, ever since he was little he's always wanted to be free. His household suffocated him, although his parents were divorced and his dad was never around. His dad came home really late and usually doesn't bring home food.

 

I remember when he was making new friends at five, everyone loved him and he ended up being really popular. He was really popular with girls as well, but for some reason he never left my side.

 

I remember when he was learning how to drive at fifteen, new and expensive car, like holy crap. It was black too, you know what they say about black cars; 'Black car owners like power' and this boy loved power, but he never over used it.

 

I remember he took me out driving when he first got his drivers license. He had just turned sixteen, and he was finally free, and on his way to becoming a man. Although a speeding ticket almost took his license away, he still lived a semi-normal free spirit life.

 

I remember the day I confessed to him, he was unsuspecting, surprised and gloriously happy. It was also the day I got my first kiss, because the second he got over his shock he leaned forward and gripped the back of my head and crushed our lips together.

 

I remember the day he told his parents he was gay. They already knew, which was the funniest part because I never saw Daehyun as the gay type. I'm sure my radar would've gone off, or rather as people call it, my gaydar.

 

I remember when he got his first girlfriend, he was thirteen and trying to convince himself that he was not attracted to guys. He never kissed her and he never told me why, until the day I received my first kiss.

 

I remember his seventeenth birthday when we made love for the first time, it was also the day we said 'I love you'. He was so happy, and I was so relieved that he loved me back, because I always feared I wouldn't be good enough.

 

I remember sitting in front of the television the day of his eighteenth birthday. I was waiting for him to pick me up to go see the newest movie at the theatres. The news came on showing a crash that had happened on the highway near my neighborhood. A boy was hit by a drunk driver who had ran a red light. His face came onto the screen, and I broke down where I stood.

 

I remember rushing to the hospital to make sure he was okay. I waited days and nights for him to awaken from his coma. I didn't eat, I wouldn't sleep unless I accidentally passed out. I never left his room, I fought the nurses, I would not leave the boy I loved..

 

I remember sobbing when I saw him on the hospital bed, dressed in his blue hospital gown. His bloody clothes sat on the chair near the door, and I ran to him and sobbed into his chest.

 

I remember finding my voice a few days after the accident.

 

“Daehyun? It's me, Youngjae. I can feel that you're gonna wake up today, I know you will.”

 

I remember telling him I loved him again, my voice was so full of fear, because a month had already passed by and he still hadn't awoken.

 

“Daehyun? I love you, always and forever, I will never leave your side.”

 

I remember sobbing, begging him to wake up.

 

“Daehyun? Please wake up, please kiss me, tell me you love me.”

 

I remember when he finally answered me. It was midnight, two months after the accident.

 

“Jae..” He had whispered, as if he were afraid to scare me, although it wasn't as if I were asleep.

 

I remember nearly falling off the bed from where I was curled up against him. I caught myself barely, I had grabbed the chair next to the bed. Wondering if he actually spoke, or I was hearing things, I answered him with a question.

 

“Daehyun?”

 

I remember his eyes opening, and his mouth widening into a beautiful smile as he whispered my name in confirmation.

 

“Jae.” He smiled.

 

I remember laughing joyously, pressing kisses all over his face, as I cried happy tears.

 

“Oh my god. Daehyun!”

 

I remember him asking me, as if to get my attention, like he were to say something.

 

“Jae?”

 

I remember answering, I was pretty curious as to what my boyfriend had to say.

 

“Hm?”

 

I remember how he demanded, not asked. I began crying a new set of tears, a happiness overwhelming me as he said,

 

“Marry me.”

 

I remember not exactly knowing how to answer, but it seemed my answer sufficed because he smiled as soon as I spoke,

 

“Absolutely.”

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I apologize for lack of poster and background. It's also a bit short, but I hope you like it. Sorry for typos. Im just so thankful for all of you <3 I love you so much <3