Chapter 2

Our Moments
Please log in to read the full chapter

                                  

“Alright, I get the hint.” The new female lecturer sighed when the rustling, zipping and packing notebooks away became louder throughout the lecture hall. “I’ll see you all on Thursday, remember to think about what you want to write about, I know it’s not due until the end of November but it’s 30% of your overall grade so it’s good to stay on top of things.” Her voice getting drowned out towards the end as students started getting up to leave.

Claires sighed feeling a little anxious, throughout the lecture her eyes always seemed to drift across the hall searchingly for Namjoons head which was easy to spot as he was wearing his snap back. She saw him a couple of times, head down taking notes, very concentrated.

“Do you know what you want to write about?” Lana asked, packing away her notebook, rolling her eyes when students beside her started ushering the two girls out of the aisle seats.

“Not sure, I haven’t really had any important moments in my life worth writing about.” Claire said, standing up, hoisting her bag over her shoulder.

“Ah really, I thought meeting you’re future husband would be something worth writing about?” Lana said, shrugging, tone relaxed, as the two pushed through the double doors into the hallway that was now flooded with students.

“What are you talking about?”

“You know…college, first day of second year, meet a hot Asian boy, you fall head over heels in lo-“

“Oh my God, shut up.” Claire’s cheeks started burning but she rolled her eyes, pretending to brush it off.

“It’s cute, you guys were so flirty.”

Claire paused looking dumbfounded, “were we?”

Lana was silent for a couple of seconds. “Okay, not in an obvious way, I mean…you’re sometimes shy and he seems shy too.” She shrugged.

Claire scoffed as they continued walking, she was in need of another coffee but she glanced around wondering if Namjoon and Yoongi already left. She’d be lying if she didn’t feel a little disheartened by that.

“He was feelin you though.”

“Lana, drop it.”

“I sense y, positive vibes from the two of you.”

Claire’s slight annoyance shifted as she started giggling, “You’re so silly.” She grinned.

“It’s the truth though,” Lana playfully huffed. “I’m good at these things.”

Claire continued smiling but it slowly faded when she spotted Namjoon and Yoongi several yards away practically being pushed along by the third man that was with them in the elevator, she can clearly see the grudging looks on both Namjoon and Yoongis faces. She continued staring, brows furrowed. Her eyes widened slightly though when Namjoon suddenly turned in her direction as if sensing someone was looking.

Instead of him being freaked out which have been completely understandable, he held eye contact with her for a moment, much to Claire’s surprise, before looking apologetic.

Claire just gave him a small smile and nodded, understanding why.

Namjoon smiled back before turning around, catching up to the two other guys.

Claire rolled her eyes internally, annoyed that one brief moment like that had her heart hammering against her chest. She just met the guy and barely met him at that.

“You guys are gonna be doing it by the end of this year.” Lana stated who was watching their silent exchange.

Interrupting Claire’s thoughts, she sighed. “Lana, shush.” They started walking down the stairs, ignoring the elevator this time. “Let’s just get some damn coffee, my class isn’t for another two hours.”

“Well I’m officially done for the day.”

Claire gave her a look.

Lana rolled her eyes, “Okay, I have one more class at twelve but I want to go home and sleep.”

Claire yawned, “Yeah, it’s only the first day anyway.”

“I’ll come with you though.”

Claire just nodded.

It was silent for a couple of minutes but it seems Lana couldn’t help herself. “Someone’s got a crush.” Lana sing songed. “You guys would be cute together.”

Claired sighed wearily, “Stop.”

 

They stopped by their usual coffee shop, ‘The Hideout,’ a two minute walk from campus. Claire accidently found the little gem on her second week in first year while trying and failing to find the building that held her seminar. The small, boxy building was a pale yellow but it hard to see with all the vines, it practically engulfed the place but it added to the charm especially when it's squashed in between mundane, grey buildings.

As they went inside, Lana took off her silver aviators, scanning the very busy coffee shop. “Woah, how’d it get so popular.”

Claire shrugged, eyes scanning the wooden interior and mini, black leather couches. “It changed a lot too.”

Lana nodded, “Guess they redecorated over the summer, this place looks like a Starbucks.” She nudged Claire, her head tilted towards a small table, “Should I grab it?”

Claire nodded, “Yeah, what do you want?” taking a step towards the counter. Lana was about to take out her wallet but Claire shook her head, "it's my turn, remember."

“Alright, I'll have a caramel, coffee Frappuccino and none of that whip cream crap.”

“Okay, go before someone takes it.”

Claire watched Lana make a beeline for the table, cutting off an affronted couple from grabbing it. Lana gave them an apologetic ‘I’m sorry but not sorry’ face before turning her back on them and plopping herself on the chair. Lana turned towards Claire and shrugged. Claire shook her head, chuckled slightly, turning around to gi

Please log in to read the full chapter