chapter 1

Light up my world (like you always do)

Today Jongin decides. When he woke up this morning (alone of course, after all, Kyungsoo is a baker, he has to get up every morning at 5 o clock) the first thing he did was throw up everything he had in his stomach, that is to say next to nothing seeing that the last thing he ate was more than eleven hours ago. He still decided to try and eat something for breakfast, which proved to be a very bad idea as he found himself bent over the toilet bowl for the second time this morning.

He had felt the headache coming, but had resolved on going to work in spite of the lingering feeling of nausea settling in his stomach.

That too proved to be a bad idea. A very bad idea. His first class was a class of very young children, and even though Jongin usually loves them, and find them adorable as , today he had just wanted to make them shut up. All the screaming added to all the spinning and jumping he had to do had for sole effect to worsen his migraine. By the end of the morning he had just felt like lying on the floor forever and crying his sickness off. He still had managed to make it to the staff room without breaking down and had mentally patted himself on the back because in his pitiful state, it felt just like running a marathon. But not even 10 seconds after he had pushed the damn door open had he been assaulted by an alarmed Yixing.

“Oh my god Jongin, what’s wrong with you! You look horrible man, no offence”

And that had been just too much for Jongin who had just wanted to ing sit down and maybe die in peace. Tears had begun to flow over his cheeks and before he knew he was sobbing into his friend’s shirt, telling him about how he had thrown up twice this morning and how the kids gave him a headache and please could everybody let him die in peace?

Unfortunately for him, instead of letting him sit down and wallow in self-pity like he had wanted to, Yixing had all but dragged him out of the building, calling their boss to let him know they were off to the hospital.

He had hailed taxi, and had given him the address.

And this where Jongin is and has been for the past twenty minutes, in the hospital’s waiting room, waiting for his name to be called. Looks like he has chosen an awful day to be sick, the room is so crowded that people have to stand due to lack of chairs. Himself is only seated because some guy was kind enough to offer him his chair when he had started to look green.

Three thousand hours later (okay maybe not, but same difference if you ask Jongin), his name is finally called. Yixing has to hoist him up and practically has to carry him to the examination room but finally there they are, seated in front of a young looking man in a white coat labeled as Doctor Park’s.

“So what seems to be the problem?” he asks cheerily and Jongin would scoff if he had enough energy to even open his mouth.

Yixing eyes him before deciding that nope, the boy slouched in the chair next to him is definitely not going to answer, so he does so in his place.

“He has thrown up two times this morning and he has a headache and his is obviously very tired so I figured it would be a good idea to bring him here?”

The smiling man in front of them looks at Jongin pensively before getting up and turning to an aisle behind his desk. He picks a stethoscope and some weird tools and gets to work on Jongin, taking his temperature, his pulse, hearing his heartbeats and so on. He finally goes back to sit in front of them.

“Well, there’s apparently nothing wrong with you but we will still do a blood analysis just in case. It’s normal procedure don’t worry” he adds, seeing the panicked looks on both males.

The man then gets up after explaining that he is going to call a nurse.

And Jongin doesn’t even have enough energy to whine that he does not like needles and that he does not want blood to be taken from him (needles are scary ok? And he quite likes where his blood is, in his veins thank you very much).

The doctor soon comes back along with a middle aged nurse. Jongin reluctantly let the nurse take his arm and closes his eyes. He feels a small prick on his skin and then it’s finished.

“Very well Mr. Kim, we’ll let you go back to the waiting room, your name will be called once the results are here” the nurse ushers them back to where they were, much to Jongin’s despair who only want to go back home at this point, even if this means he has to crawl all the way.

So they wait. Again. Somebody gave his chair to Jongin again (bless his soul) and Yixing is sitting on the floor next to him, playing with his phone not to be bored. He himself is trying to rest by leaning his head against the wall, but his pounding headache prevents him from being comfortable and he quickly gives up keeping his eyes open and trying to distract himself by watching the flow of nurses and patients.

Another 30 minutes later, Jongin finally hears his name again and slowly proceeds to head to the open door from which the nurse from earlier is standing.

Once Yixing and he are seated again, Doctor Park starts to speak.

“Very well, the results finally arrived a few minutes ago.” He poses and looks at both males. “Is Mr. Zhang your partner Mr. Kim?” He asks.

“I’m not,” Yixing answers in his place “but I’m a good friend.”

“Ah. Well then I shall discuss with Mr. Kim alone in the first place if it’s alright with you Mr. Zhang.”

Yixing looks at Jongin questioningly and leaves when he gets a small nod in answer.

When the door is closed again and Jongin is alone again with the man, the doctor starts explaining:

“So, we ran a few tests on your bloods, and every result came out positively, you are in perfect shape, Mr. Kim! However, one test held our attention, and this is most definitely the cause of your sickness.” At Jongin’s worried face he adds in a cheerful manner “congratulation! You are now about two weeks and a half pregnant!”

And all hell breaks loose in Jongin’s mind. This new piece of news comes out as a shock in his head. A pregnancy was not something he expected. Like, at all. So many emotions come rushing through his mind that he doesn’t know what to say to this white dressed man. So instead, he just stares at him with a blank face, still processing what he just heard. He doesn’t even know what to feel right now, should he be confused? Distressed? Happy? Overjoyed? Horrified? Because even though having kids is all he ever wanted, they haven’t discussed it with Kyungsoo and they are still young. He doesn’t even know what Kyungsoo thinks about children, let alone having one of his own!

So he does the next best thing is tired brain can come up with: he breaks down.

Poor Doctor Park doesn’t have a clue what to do with his distressed patient. Confidentiality technically forbids him to just go get Yixing to tell him what reduced his friend to a sobbing mess on his desk. But he figures, the hell with it, he is bound to be aware of it someday right? Better sooner than later he tells himself. Satisfied with his own deductions, he jumps to his feet, and quickly dashes toward his door, not even being noticed by the crying young man.

He quickly spots the worried looking male, leaned against the wall, and motions for him to come over. As he explains the pregnancy and the melt down that ensued, he sees the Chinese man’s eyes growing wider and wider until he basically runs inside to gather the newly pregnant man in his arms who immediately latches himself on to his friend.

“Jonginnie… Why are you even crying… You love kids! This is great! You and Kyungsoo are going to be awesome parents, you know that, right?” Yixing tries to cheer his friends up.

He obviously fails as Jongin starts to cry even more at the mention of his boyfriend of two years.

“B-but what if h-he doesn’t w-wants kids?” He sobs “W-what if h-he hates i-it? W-what if he hates m-me?”

“Jongin,” Yixing says in a stern voice “Jongin look at me. You’re not making any sense right now. Come on, you are usually more rational than that. You and I both know it’s tiredness that makes you talk like that. Kyungsoo wouldn’t even think about leaving you in his worst nightmares, he loves you way too much for that and you know it perfectly. Am I wrong?” Jongin shakes his head no silently, tears flowing less profusely. “As for Kids, you and him will have to talk about it like the two grown up you are, and he will have to accept it, because I know abortion would never be an option for you and neither leaving you is one for Kyungsoo. Now lighten up, this what you always dreamt about and you are of course aware that no matter what, I will be there to support you. Alright Jonginnie?” He then wipes Jongin’s last tears with his thumbs

When Jongin has calmed down, the both of them turn to the face the embarrassed looking doctor. He immediately puts on his professional face on and starts telling them about his due date which should be sometime in the middle of July, what food to avoid and what food to favor and so on.

Yixing is apparently more attentive to the whole situation because he is the one asking the seemingly most important question:

“And what about his job? Jongin is a dance instructor, and has to regularly take part in various performances and showcases, will that be okay?”

“There shouldn’t be any problems about that as long as he listens to his body. In fact it appears that pregnant people doing a regular sportive activity have an easier pregnancy than most people who don’t. Of course, as the pregnancy progress toward its end, he will have to be more careful and tune down the strenuous moves to a minimum. Performances and showcases are alright for now, but when he hits the seventh month mark, he should stay out of those. All of this is of course only relevant if Mr. Kim’s pregnancy suffers no complications whatsoever. The key point is to always listen to your body. Always! And when you feel like you did today, do not put yourself under pressure and stay at home. It is not good to tire yourself too much when you are pregnant, I’m sure your boss will understand. Nurse Lee will give you pamphlets to help you get through your pregnancy as smoothly as possible, you will also have to schedule an appointment for the next month, please see with her. I guess this is all then! Congratulation again!” he finishes, and Jongin actually manages a small smile.

Once everything is settled with nurse lee, Yixing takes Jongin back home and leaves him at his door with the only instruction to lie down and rest a bit, and Jongin does just that, lying on the couch to wait for his boyfriend to come back home. He allows himself to fall asleep, after checking that every paper and pamphlets are carefully hidden in his bag, because that would be just too cliché, his boyfriend finding it on the table accidentally and finding out the truth like that. No, he wants to be the one to tell him and he wants to be able to see his reaction first hand. With that in mind he closes his eyes and let himself drift to a peaceful slumber.

----------------

Today is a good day Kyungsoo decides. From the moment he had woken up, he had felt extraordinarily good and cheerful for such an ungodly hour. His shower had been very refreshing and his morning coffee very energizing. By 5:30 he was ready to live and begin his day, and had left his house after pressing a quick kiss on his still asleep boyfriend’s forehead.

He had entered his bakery by the backdoor, and had begun to bake cakes, bread, cupcakes and so on, soon joined by his partner.

By eight, it had been time to open the shop, so he had left his associate in charge of the baking for a little while and had gone outside to lift the metallic blind, whistling lightly and checking out the weather, now that the sun was beginning to show himself.  For once in this rainy month of October, the weather was nice, the clouds staying at bay, which meant more people out of their homes and consequently, more customers in his bakery.

Now Kyungsoo’s shop is actually pretty popular and it has it fair share of regular customers, companies in particular are really good customers as they usually order dozens of batches of croissants and chocolates breads when they hold meetings in the morning, and several wedding planners usually recommend his bakery for wedding cakes. His shop is neither small nor big, and so, he keeps his staff small: 2 part time cashiers which schedules complement each other (Tao and Sehun), and one fellow baker (Baekhyun), incidentally helping him running the shop as well.

He had met Baekhyun by the strangest coincidence, during a training course in France. They were both doing their training in the same bakery but with different bakers and had discovered to their great surprises that they both were from south Korea, and even better, from Seoul as well, even though not in the same district. Their personalities had instantly clicked and by the time Baekhyun returned to Korea, his training finished, they had plans to contact each other and maybe open a shop together.

And that is exactly what Kyungsoo did the minute he landed back in his homeland. After a year of looking for a location, finding a good credit to start up, fitting out every single counter, work surface and oven in the kitchen and in the main room, the shop was opened.

Sehun was actually Baekhyun’s younger cousin, and he needed a part time job while studying, and Tao conveniently happened to be Sehun’s boyfriend, and like Sehun, he needed a part time job. (Kyungsoo learned later that they were in fact sharing a condo and their paycheck basically went into the rent).

Thinking about that, Kyungsoo had thought, he needed to soon find replacement for them, considering the fact that they both were in their last year of studies, and would soon look for a real job. He would have to discuss that with Baekhyun.

By the end of the day, Kyungsoo was completely satisfied with his day, sales had been exceptionally good, and they had received several orders of special cakes for the next few months. Baekhyun and Tao (who was in charge at the moment) were also in a very good mood, and they exchanged jokes as they all cleaned up the place.

Finally, they had closed the place and after a few words of farewell, they all went in different directions.

Kyungsoo remembers midway that their fridge is empty and that Jongin finishes late on Fridays and so, he modifies his path and heads for the supermarket instead of home. He loses no time and goes straight to the aisles that are important to him, and within 15 minutes, he goes out with his hands full of plastic bags, filled to the brim with food and other necessities.

The rest of his journey is uneventful and soon enough he stand in front of his and Jongin’s apartment. He puts all his bags down to fish his keys out and opens the door.

Now, finding his apartment in the dark is something that he expects, but finding his boyfriend asleep on the couch, looking like a mess is definitely not. He approaches the sleeping man silently and looks at him closer, noticing the dark circles under his eyes and the way the outlines of his eyes are red, as if he had been rubbing his eyes, kind of like he was crying in fact.

That, Kyungsoo notes with worry, is kinda really alarming. Jongin is usually like a horse, he never ever gets sick. That’s Kyungsoo’s job. More importantly, Jongin never cries. Since the 5 years he has known his boyfriend, he has only ever seen him cry twice. Once being when his grandpa (with whom he was exceptionally close) died.  So it’s only logical for Kyungsoo to start freaking out. He has half a mind to wake his boyfriend up and ask him what’s wrong and possibly hug his worries out of him, but he decides against that, opting to let the man sleep a bit more. So he goes make dinner instead after covering Jongin up with a blanket.

He begins to sort out the groceries first, putting them robotically where they should be, mind focused on Jongin.

He’s nearly finished cooking when he hears noises coming from the living room. He quickly put the rice on the table next to the cooked vegetables and the meat and dashes toward the living room, where Jongin is sitting up.

He looks better now, less pale, with a tinge of pink on his cheeks and the bags under his eyes are less defined. He still looks worried though and it makes Kyungsoo curious about what’s putting the man in such a state.

“Hey baby,” he approaches the man “how comes you’re home this early? Are you sick?” he sits down next to him and kisses his cheek.

Jongin doesn’t know what to do. He feels like someone threw a bucket of ice on him, his blood frozen inside his veins. He wants to run away, to hide under his blanket and stay there for the rest of his life, but he is just paralyzed, his muscles escaping his control, and as a result, he is rooted to the couch. Slowly, he turns his head to look at his boyfriend. He is met with concern filled eyes and his worry is diminished a bit.

His brain unfreeze for a moment and he gathers himself to say

“I’m alright, I wasn’t feeling too well this morning so Yixing had me going back home. Don’t worry I’m much better now” his finishes with a reassuring smile.

Kyungsoo doesn’t believe a word Jongin said and does still worry, but he settles for an unconvinced “right” before adding “anyway, dinner’s ready, come and eat?”

“I’m coming”

Kyungsoo heads to the kitchen first, and Jongin wills his knees to stop trembling and his stomach to settle down. He just wishes not to puke from sheer nervousness. Now that he thinks about it, he has no idea how to let Kyungsoo know about his condition. Should he be direct? Should he try and test the water before he makes the big confession?

What he is sure about though, is that it must happen tonight, because for one, Kyungsoo deserves to know, and secondly he won’t be able to last another day with this weight on his shoulders. And if not now, when?

And so he follows the shorter man into the kitchen ad sit down in front of him. They eat in silence for most part, until main course is finished and Jongin can’t take it anymore.

“Kyungsoo?” His voice is shaky and kinda squeaky but it will have to be enough for now.

“Yes?”

“There is something you need to know.”

Kyungsoo’s hears perk up at that

“Go ahead, I’m listening” he says encouragingly

“I… I’m…” Jongin starts “I’m allergic to nuts” he finishes lamely

“Yeah, I knew that already… are you sure everything’s fine Jongin?” Kyungsoo is really concerned now.

“No! I mean, yes I’m fine, but that’s not what I wanted to tell you!”

“I figured, so what?”

“Okay. It’s just that I am… pre… pre… premature!”

“Look Jongin, if you don’t want to tell me alright, but stop playing games. We don’t have-“

“I’m pregnant!”  Jongin half shouts, effectively shutting his boyfriend up.

“What?”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: I don't really have anything to add other than I'm not exactly sure when the next chapter will be published because i kind of have a big thing coming up in university and I won't be able to write a lot so yeah until next time, I hope you enjoyed it, I know that kaisoo Mpreg Top!soo is kind of really rare, but I wanted to take the risk, so here I am ^^

Bye :)