My best friend's girlfriend

My best friend's girlfriend

CL was sitting in the airport, it had been 20minutes that she was waiting here, watching her phone to check the time and wondering why her best friend's flight was so late. It’s been 2 years that Hyoyeon left to live in Italy and the girl was back today. CL missed her so much and was looking forward to have fun with her just like before she left.

Looking up CL saw on one of the screen that Hyoyeon’s flight was about to arrive so she stood up and waited looking at airplanes at the window when finally Hyoyeon ran and jumped in her best friend's arms, throwing away her bags and shooting in happiness. 

CL didn’t wanted to let her go but they really needed to get away from the airport. So CL took her best friend by the hand, helping her carrying her luggage before walking outside. 

During the drive, Hyoyeon kept asking CL about the news, and how all their friends and families had been. Hyoyeon would call CL and her family sometimes while she was in Italy, but she was sure she missed so much stuff.

When CL parked the car in front of Hyoyeon house, their eyes met and CL understood that Hyoyeon wanted to stay with her.

« Aren’t you coming inside? » Asked Hyoyeon. « I left two years ago, I will need help to clean the flat. »

CL laughed. « I can’t stay right now, I need to pick Jessica up after her dance class. » Explained CL.

« Jessica as your girlfriend right? The one you told me about during hours at the phone? That Jessica? » Asked Hyoyeon. CL nodded. « You’re still dating her? » She asked curious. CL nodded again. « But it’s been like three months… »

« I know. » Said CL conscious that she usually get bored with her relations and end it up after less that one month. « I don’t know, she’s great, I like her a lot you know. »

« But she’s a girl… » Said Hyoyeon still not believing that her best friend was dating a girl. « Isn’t it weird? »

« No, it’s nice. At the beginning I just wanted to try you know, but Jessica is… » CL hesitated. « She’s such a special and mystery girl, I just want to stay with her and discover more and more each day… you see? »

Hyoyeon nodded. « Hearing that make me want to meet her right now. » Said Hyoyeon reassured.

« Is that okay if I came back here with her later? » Asked CL.

« Yeah totally okay, I will clean a little then! » Said Hyoyeon getting her bags out of CL’s car and walking to the entrance of the building, waving at her best friend one last time. 

Hyoyeon opened her door, and the light. It was dark, the shutters were closed, just like she let them when she left, she looked around, in fact everything was like it was when she left, the plastics bags on the couch and furniture. Only the plants were dead by now. Hyoyeon rolled her eyes. She gave CL she keys and asked her to take care of the plants but she clearly forget about it.

Hyoyeon let her bags at the entrance and went to the windows, opening them one by one, letting the sun entering and the fresh air invading the flat. She took the plastic bags away, and reconnected the refrigerator and all the other electric stuff, micro-wave, oven, TV…

Once it was done, she cleaned the dust all around and finally let herself fall on her bed. It was soft and comfy. She had missed her bed so much during this two years away. She was happy to be back. The pillow still smelled her perfume, she smiled.

Hyoyeon looked at her phone, CL would be here in some minutes now. She took her bags and put her things back in her closet before according herself a quick shower. 

The sweet fruits smell invaded the bathroom and then the rest of the flat when Hyoyeon went in her room to get dressed. Once her hair were dried and tied in a ponytail Hyoyeon went in the kitchen. It was weird that CL still wasn’t here. She opened all the closet before remembering where she let the dishes. She took a glass and drink some water before filling a jug and put it in the now fresh refrigerator.

Hyoyeon tried to turn on the TV, but it wasn’t working. She had connected everything, but something was wrong. She was trying to make it work since half an hour when CL finally arrived, opening the door without knocking and entering the living room, making Hyoyeon jump in fear and hit her head on the piece of furniture where the TV was on.

« You’re late! And you let my plants die! » Said Hyoyeon scratching her head and turning to her best friend. 

CL shook her shoulders innocently. « I have a good reason to be late. » She said showing Hyoyeon the bags of food and drinks she had in hands. « Food and beer! » Said CL smiling.

« Thanks. » Hyoyeon rolled her eyes and smiled. It was when CL came closer to the table to put the bags that Hyoyeon’s eyes caught the girl standing at the door.

CL turned around. « Thanks to Jessica, she was the one thinking you would need food if you just arrived in your old flat. » Explained CL. « Oh wait, I didn’t introduce you. » She said looking at Hyoyeon then at Jessica still looking at each other.

« So Jessica this is my best friend Hyoyeon. » Said CL catching Jessica attention. « And Hyoyeon. » She said turning to her friend. « This is Jessica my girlfriend. »

« Nice to meet you. » Said both girls at the same time, making CL laugh. 

« Okay. » Said CL. « I think that I told each other so much about the other that it’s almost like you know each other. »

Hyoyeon nodded and saw Jessica nodding too with a cold glare at her. She let the girls get comfortable on the couch and opened some beers. 

So this Jessica girl was real? Hyoyeon thought. Since the time she heard about her, she finally saw her for real. She wasn’t exactly how she had imagined her. It was true that CL kept on talking about her during their phone calls, but she didn’t believed she could like date a girl like that, being friend yes and Hyoyeon was kind of jealous to always heard about the funny and exciting stuff CL did with this Jessica. But seeing her in front of her changed everything, and not just because Jessica was gorgeous, no, but because Hyoyeon felt something about her. Like this girl gave her some intense vibes.

Hyoyeon shivered.

She shook her head and listened to CL telling Jessica that one day, they bet their friends that they could stay a night long in a shopping mall.

« You remember Hyoyeon? » Asked CL excited to remember this good time. « You had the idea to hide in one of those big plastic boxes and I did the same, we stayed in there for hours! »

« Yeah. » Said Hyoyeon smiling. « I thought I would pee on myself, I was so happy when we heard the mall closing and finally get out of the boxes. »

Jessica looked at them weirdly. « And what did you two do in the mall all night? »

« We didn’t stay all night. The camera caught us and less that one hour later the cops took us to the police station thinking we were about to steal stuff. » Said CL remembering how her parent had punish her at that time. « We were so young, and didn’t think about consequences, and it was a great moment until they called our parents… »

Hyoyeon nodded. « I was grounded for two month, and every time my mom went to the shopping mall she would ask me if I wanted to come and stay for the night… »

Jessica frowned. « Interesting, but why would you get in there in the first time? »

« I don’t know, it was CL idea. » Said Hyoyeon quickly.

« Because it’s fun. » Said CL. « Just imagine being in an empty shopping mall, trying all the clothes you want, eating everything you want and play like crazy! »

Hyoyeon smiled. « I think that how she convinced me to follow her and agree on the bet. » She said looking at CL who laughed. « Beer? » She asked and the girls nodded.

« I will grab them! » Said CL standing up from the couch. Hyoyeon who was sitting on the floor in front of the couch, stretched her legs a little. CL came back and put the beer on the coffee table. 

The girls stayed there all the evening, talking about nothing and everything, Hyoyeon talked about Italy and how it was a romantic country. They ate together and kept on drinking, and having fun until the half of the night so Hyoyeon let the girls slept at the flat for the night. Letting the bed to the girls, and sleeping on the couch.

When she woke up, Hyoyeon smelled coffee and stood up walking to the kitchen. Here was Jessica, her back to Hyoyeon, opening every closet to find cups and other stuff for the breakfast.

« Morning. » Smiled Hyoyeon approaching her.

« Morning. » Said Jessica stopping what she was doing. « I hope it’s okay? » She asked conscious that she was making breakfast in the flat of a girl she barely know. 

« Totally okay. » Said Hyoyeon. « You know, CL is my best friend, so if she had choose you then I trust you with my house. » Explained Hyoyeon opening the closet where the cups were standing. « Here. » She said taking three of them and giving it to Jessica who nodded.

They put the coffee and the cups on the table and Jessica looked into the food bags they buy the day before.

« I thought you would need something for breakfast. » Said Jessica taking some stuff in the bag. « Can we make pancakes? » She asked turning to face Hyoyeon who smiled.

« I would kill for pancakes! » She said laughing. « The beers didn’t feed me enough yesterday, I’m starving. »

They were cooking together when CL entered the kitchen frowning. « Morning. » Said Jessica seeing her girlfriend first. 

« Morning. » Said Hyoyeon too, taking a step away from Jessica. « Is everything fine? » She asked.

The two cooking girls saw that something was wrong with CL, but they didn’t know what…

« My head… » Said CL sitting heavily on a chair, putting her head on her arms. « It hurt so much… »

« Oh… » Said Jessica. « Too much beers for you yesterday… » She said coming closer to her girlfriend and caressing her head.

« I think I have some Advil in my suitcase » Said Hyoyeon leaving the kitchen and going into her room, she opened one of her bag and found the medics she always took with her.

Once CL feeling better and the girls done with breakfast, CL and Jessica decided to leave Hyoyeon who needed to go to her parents' house.

She stayed all day with her family, it was nice to be part of them again, she felt like she never left. Everybody was curious to know how was her life away from them. And the most important question, the one Hyoyeon didn’t really know the answer came out; Are you going to stay?

Hyoyeon decided to leave because she was tired and feeling like she couldn’t breath anymore here. She would meet always the same faces and same people, this city was suffocating her and leaving, discovering new faces, new places what really what she needed, and even if she missed her friends and family she didn’t know if she was ready to stay here…

It was 9PM when Hyoyeon came back to her flat, and when she was about to put the key into the lock, she heard loud music. And she was surprise when she realized it really came from her flat. She put her ear on the door, and looked around, she didn’t made a mistake, it was her flat, and a party was going inside. 

She opened the door.

So much people were into her place, she remembered some of them, not everyone, she wondered how much people could fit in her small flat. Suddenly, CL caught her and jumped in her arm.

« Finally! She’s here! » She shouted. « Everybody welcome her warmly! » She said offering Hyoyeon a drink. 

« What’s happening here? » Hyoyeon asked confused. « Who are those people? »

CL smiled at her. « They’re our friends! Did you forget them? » CL asked worried and touching Hyoyeon's head to see some evidence of a hit on her head. « Here! Him, he was in high school with us, he made a big party, and it was the first one we went and we were so stressed but excited, we had lied to our parents, telling we would be at Dara’s house for the night. »

« Yeah I remember him now. » Said Hyoyeon remembering the night. 

« See? So enjoy the party, everyone is here for you! » Said CL letting go of Hyoyeon to have fun with a group of people who were playing some alcohol games.

Hyoyeon scratched her head and walked awkwardly in her place, smiling and bowing to people who looked at her with a smile. She went in her room, but find a couple making out on her bed. She roller her eyes and closer the door walking out of the flat. She sat on the stairs and sighed.

« Hey you. » Said Jessica walking to her and sitting on her left. « Already leaving the party? » She asked smiling.

« And you what are you doing there? » She asked looking from the other floor where Jessica came.

« I needed some fresh air, I’m not a party lover… » Said Jessica.

Hyoyeon laughed. « I was, but not anymore, when we were younger, I would always follow CL. She love partying so much. And I think I liked to go to party just because I would have fun with my best friend. » She said smiling.

« Same here. I will not tell you that she make me love partying, but I hate it less than before. » Said Jessica shaking her shoulders. « And someone need to keep an eyes on her. » Hyoyeon nodded. « We should go back in there I‘m sure it can be fun, and CL passed all the day preparing this party for you, she’s so happy you’re back. »

« I’m happy to be with her too, but she didn’t needed to invite all those people… » Said Hyoyeon, « I would be glad with only our close friends you see… »

Jessica smiled and stood up. « Come on, don’t disappoint my girlfriend. » She said laughing and leading her hand to help Hyoyeon stood up too. Hyoyeon took Jessica's hand and stood up, facing her, they stayed here, facing each other in silence, until someone opened Hyoyeon’s flat door. It was a guy completely drunk that vomited on his way out of the building.

Hyoyeon frowned and took a big breath « Okay, I’m ready. » Said Hyoyeon facing the door now. She turned to Jessica. « It can be fun? that’s what you said right? »

Jessica made a face, not sure anymore. They laughed and entered the flat…

It was 4 in the morning when finally everyone left. CL was asleep on the floor. Hyoyeon and Jessica took her to the room and lay her into the bad.

« I don’t think she will wake up so soon… » Said Jessica.

« Yeah, don’t hope to see her before tonight. » Agreed Hyoyeon leaving the room.

Jessica didn’t know what to do. Her girlfriend was dead drunk and she was in her girlfriend’s best friend’s house. She heard plastic bag sound and went in the kitchen. Hyoyeon was cleaning a little.

« I will help you. » Said Jessica taking an another bag.

« You don’t have to. Just go to sleep. » Said Hyoyeon nicely.

Jessica shook her head. « I’m not tired and I wont let you clean all alone. » Explained Jessica walking to the living room and collecting all the plastic cups and empty bottles from the floor, the table or the couch. 

When she was done with the kitchen, Hyoyeon went in the living room and smiled seeing Jessica cleaning everything. She thought for a moment that CL was so ing lucky to have a girl like her. Jessica as a friend was great, Hyoyeon already loved her, but imagining her as a girlfriend may be more than great.

Jessica had seemed so cold the first time they had met, but Hyoyeon could see now that she was a lovely and caring girl. And she understood that CL fell for Jessica even if she was a girl, because Hyoyeon knew that she could also fell for her if she wasn’t already her best friend’s girlfriend…

When Hyoyeon came out of her thoughts, Jessica was looking at her.

« What? » Asked Jessica worried. « Are you okay? »

« Yeah » Said Hyoyeon quickly. « I just zoned out, I’m very tired. »

« Oh. » Said Jessica putting the plastic bag full of trash against on of the wall. « I should left then. » 

« No! » Said Hyoyeon panicked. « You can stay here, I mean CL’s already sleeping in the room, you can join her I will sleep on the couch like yesterday. » Said Hyoyeon smiling. 

« I don’t know… » Said Jessica hesitating.

« Please. » Said Hyoyeon. « I don’t want CL to kick my because I made you left. » Said Hyoyeon smiling.

« Okay, but CL is owning the bed right now, and I don’t think it will be possible to find a place in it right now. » Said Jessica.

« We will push her. » Said Hyoyeon walking to her room. And CL was indeed taking all the space in the bed. « Okay, come here we will push her a little. » She said taking CL legs and pushing them on one the right side of the bed. Jessica helped her and pushed CL torso, but the girl groaned and rolled around, claming the bed hers again. Hyoyeon rolled her eyes. « We try again? » Jessica nodded and they pushed her on the right side again.

« We did it. » Smiled Jessica but CL moved again and Jessica sighed. « Okay, I thing I need a drink… »

Hyoyeon nodded and they went in the living room, Hyoyeon find some beers left and took them, she sat beside Jessica and they drank their beer in silence. It was a peaceful silence, a relaxing silence.

« How did you two met. » Asked Hyoyeon curious to know about her best friend love life.

« We had same friends, and we met because of them. » Explained Jessica. « I liked CL at the first sight, she’s so charismatic and funny, and always so lovely with people she love. When I saw her, I knew I wanted to be friend with her, I knew I would love hanging out with her a lot, and that’s what we did. Always seeing each other and all. »

« So you two were friends at the beginning? » Asked Hyoyeon.

Jessica nodded. « But everything changed one night. I know I’m gay, and I told CL, because I didn’t wanted to hide this from her, she’s so cool and I really hoped she would accept me. But she didn’t at first. »

« Really? »

« Yeah. » Said Jessica looking down. « She was afraid that I fell for her, and at that time I would really love her, but I wasn’t sure about being in love with her. I tried to reassure her about it and she understood, we began being friend again until this party…
We were drunk and kissed. She jumped on me, I was confused and tried to push her away, but at the same time I wanted it you know. » Hyoyeon nodded. « So I let her, and the next morning, she asked me to date her. That she wanted to try, she would rather be with me than with one of those stupid boys. I felt lonely, it was the first time a girl asked me to be her girlfriend and CL is really great so I agreed and now we’re here. »

Hyoyeon hesitated but she really needed to know, CL was her best friend and hearing this made her realize that the girls maybe weren’t really in love…

« Do you fell for her while dating her? » Asked Hyoyeon worried for her friend. Seeing that Jessica didn’t answered Hyoyeon sighed. « Listen CL is like my sister, I love her with all my heart and I don’t want her to be hurt you see? »

Jessica nodded. « I don’t know if I’m in love with her, I just know I love her a lot, and I wouldn’t imagine my life without her… »

« But? » Asked Hyoyeon feeling that Jessica wanted to add something else.

« But I think I’m falling in love with someone else… » Confessed Jessica. Seeing the disappointed face of Hyoyeon Jessica put her hand on her legs. « Hey » She said to caught her attention. « I know that I’m just an experience for CL »

« At the beginning, but I think that she fell for you since that time… » Said Hyoyeon sadly. « You’re her first long time relationship… »

« I know, but I not sure I can continue like this… »

« Because of the feelings you have for this someone else? » Asked Hyoyeon.

Jessica nodded. « And even if I know I will never had a chance to be with that girl I know I can’t keep giving hope to CL… it’s not right… »

Hyoyeon nodded. « You’re right, but it will break her heart. »

Jessica looked down. « I think I will leave… » Said Jessica standing up. « Can you keep this conversation for yourself, I want to talk with CL at the right time you know? »

Hyoyeon nodded again. « Yeah. » She said following Jessica to the door. Hyoyeon stayed against the door frame. Jessica turned around and swallowed hard. The effect of the alchool made her feeling a little dizzy, and she couldn’t look away. Hyoyeon looked at her in the eyes. Jessica came closer and kissed Hyoyeon gently on the lips.

« It may be my only chance… » Confessed Jessica. « I’m sorry. » She added before leaving for good. Hyoyeon closed the door and touched her lips. This kiss was so sweet. Jessica was so perfect… but she was her best friend’s girlfriend, and it was bad to like her, very bad…

The next day, CL stayed at Hyoyeon’s house all the evening. They were eating pizzas when CL sighed.

« What is it? » Asked Hyoyoen seeing that her friend wasn’t feeling well, she thought it was because of the party that CL was still a little drunk from last night but now it was clearly something else.

« Since I woken up, Jessica don’t answer any of my texts. » She said. « Did I do something to her at the party? »

Hyoyeon looked down. « No, you did nothing » Said Hyoyeon. « She’s maybe still sleeping? » She explained. « After the party, she helped me taking care of you and cleaning the house so I’m sure she’s still resting. »

« Yeah. » Said CL reassured to heard that. « I was worried because she’s acting weird since some days, I start to think she’s jealous I’m that close with you… » Explained CL. « But I can’t choose between you two, and I’m sure she like you too so I don’t understand what‘s in her head… »

Hyoyeon looked at CL. « Girls… even us would never know what an other girl think. » She said smiling. « It’s you who choose to try it with a girl. » Said Hyoyeon.

« I know, the problem is that I kind of really like dating a girl you know. » Hyoyeon nodded. « And Jessica is an angel. » Added CL proud to have a girlfriend like that. « I will never let her go, I fall in love with her everyday a little more. » She confessed to her friend. Hyoyeon swallowed hard…

After this, their life get going, Hyoyeon still didn’t know if she wanted to stay here, but for once it felt good to be home. And Jessica convinced her to stay. Jessica and Hyoyeon would meet often at Hyoyeon place, and talk about nothing and everything. Hyoyeon felt so connected to Jessica, like something were tying them together.

And even if she knew it was bad, she couldn’t stop seeing Jessica, even if it was in CL’s back. Because of course CL didn’t know Jessica was at Hyoyeon’s flat that often. Hyoyeon and Jessica never kissed again since the first time, and even if the temptation was hard to resist, the two girls respected CL too much to do that. And the simple fact to be together and sharing stories or watching TV was nice for them. 

That day, Jessica and Hyoyeon were half asleep on the couch, watching a documentary about bridge construction when CL called Hyoyeon.

« Hey! » Said CL happy. « I almost didn’t see you this week! » She added.

Hyoyeon smiled. She missed her best friend a lot, but seeing her best friend would mean not seeing Jessica… « Yeah, sorry I was quite busy, you know I’m planning on staying a little longer here and I needed to make everything okay for my stay. » She explained, and it was true, but her free time was always secretly with Jessica.

« I understand, but you know Jessica is more and more distant with me, and I don’t know what to do, I feel like I’m loosing her and I just don’t want to think about that so I want to do a poker party with some friend and- »

« I’m at my parents house so if you hoped I would come to this party and lost all my money to you, you’re wrong. » Lied Hyoyeon, even if the part about loosing her money was true. « I’m sorry. » She added not hearing CL answering.

« … It’s okay, don’t worry, I know that your family missed you a lot this past two years too so enjoy your time with them and for the party, we didn’t had a place to organize it anyway. »

« I’m sorry. » Repeated Hyoyeon really sorry about her friend. She was really hating herself for lying to CL and it broke her heart to reject the girl, looking over at Jessica, Hyoyeon sighed.

« When are you coming back from you parents? Can we go out later when your free? » Asked CL almost shyly.

« Stupid girl! Of course we will go out, I came back… » Hyoyeon hesitated « …tomorrow. » She finally said. « Want us to eat together for lunch tomorrow? »

CL voice seemed more happy when she agreed on the lunch. « So you came back tomorrow from your parents house? »

« Yeah. » Confirmed Hyoyeon. They tell goodbye to each other before hanging up.

Hyoyeon turned back to Jessica who made a face, it was becoming dark outside, and the only light came from the TV. Hyoyeon sat back beside Jessica and sighed again.

« I hate lying to her… » Said Hyoyeon.

« Me too, but every time I want to talk to her, she’s so nice that I can’t say a word, just imagining her sad face make me want to cry… » Explained Jessica. « I love her you know. »

« And I love her too. She will hate us if the find out, and I can’t loose her friendship… she’s one of the most important person in my life… » Said Hyoyeon.

Jessica looked down. « I’m maybe not worst it you know, you should choose her and not me. She would have choose you and not me… even with her feelings for me, she would have totally choose your friendship. »

« I don’t choose anybody… » Said Hyoyeon feeling guilty.

« So why are we avoiding her right now? We did it since the party… » Said Jessica.

Hyoyeon looked at Jessica in the eyes. « I don’t want to choose, I felt something for you the day we met Jessica, and since that we keep on getting closer and at the party when you kissed me, I understood I was the person you fell for, and knowing that, I can’t fight my own feelings anymore… What I feel for you is very strong and new and… » Hyoyeon stoped talking. Jessica came closer to her and hugged her.

« What about you and me going to this lunch tomorrow? Like that we will talk to CL for good, and the two of us will finally be honest with her… She’s a smart girl, I’m sure she will understand, and even if it will be hard for her, she will accept it I’m sure because it’s better for her to heard it from us that to find out by someone else or by herself don’t you think? » 

Hyoyeon nodded into Jessica‘s neck, tightening the hug. « I never had a fight with CL… I’m afraid to loose her so much. » Said Hyoyeon crying.

« I know. » Said Jessica totally understanding what Hyoyeon was feeling. « I know… »

Hyoyeon stayed in Jessica’s arm a little more before breaking the hug and looking at Jessica in the eyes. « I would always tell myself to never fell in love with my best friend’s boyfriend, but I never thought I would fell in love with my best friend’s girlfriend… » She said her face more and more closer to Jessica’s. 

Hyoyeon felt Jessica’s heartbeat getting faster and her breath was less regular than before. Hyoyeon looked at Jessica’s lips and kissed her. It wasn’t a little kiss like last time, it was a real kiss. Jessica kissed her back, on Hyoyeon's lower lips, making her moan. They were so into the kiss that they didn’t head the door open. And they broke apart only when they heard a bottles broke on the floor.

The two girls jumped apart and looked at the entrance door, CL was here, a broken bottle at her feet, looking at them with disgust.

« You… you… » CL couldn’t even find the words. « I hate you two! » She finally said.

« CL… » Said Jessica but CL ignored her and approached them. 

« So that’s why you two lied to me? To each other in my back?! » Asked CL angry. « I trusted you, the two of you! » She shouted. 

« We wanted to tell you… » Said Jessica sadly.

« You wanted to tell me?! Really?! How did I do to fall in love with you? »

« Don’t said that. » Said Jessica. « I love you, but… »

« But you rather ing my best friend?! » She completed frowning. « You’re just a ! » She said turning around to leave.

Hyoyeon ran after her and caught her in the corridor. « Wait! » She said taking CL by the arm.

CL turned around and pushed Hyoyeon against the wall, keeping her stuck with her own body. « You’re not better than her. » She said her face so close to Hyoyeon’s. « All this times I trusted you about how she was acting different with me, you lied in my face, telling me it was nothing. » Said CL almost crying. « I don’t know what’s stopping me from hitting you right now. »

« You have the right to hit me… » Said Hyoyeon sadly. « You’re right, I was awful with you. But I really love her. When you introduced her to me, I felt all my body shivering… »

« I’m sure it’s not the only time she made you shivered? » Asked CL.

« I swear to you, we did nothing behind your back… » Said Hyoyeon.

« Weren’t you two kissing when I entered your flat?! » Asked CL pushing Hyoyeon even more against the wall. Jessica was standing beside them, feeling powerless.

« It was the first real kiss we shared, and we wanted to talk to you tomorrow. » Said Jessica her hand on CL's arm.

« First real kiss? » She asked. « So it wasn’t the first? »

Jessica looked down. « I kissed her after your party, but it was only me, and she didn’t kissed back. » Explained Jessica « If you want to hate someone, hate me. » She said. « I was the one making a move to get more closer to her. I’m the one you need to hate… I‘m sorry…»

Hyoyeon felt that CL was releasing her a little. « Don’t take the blame, it was the two of us, if I wasn’t feeling the same, nothing would have happened at all. » Said Hyoyeon. « It wasn’t just one sided… »

CL get away from Hyoyoen and looked at the two girls in front of them. « So you two really love each other? » She asked and without looking at each other, the two girls nodded.

CL shook her head and walked away quickly, wanting to leave this place fast. The three girls just wanted to forget what happened this night.

When Hyoyeon and Jessica walked back in the flat they saw the bottles on the floor and the cards to play poker. They understood, why CL was here in the first place but it didn’t made the guilt go away.

Jessica looked at Hyoyeon. « I’m so sorry… » She said sadly. « It shouldn’t have happened like that… »

« I know. » Said Hyoyeon. « I will go after her. » She said taking her phone but Jessica took her hand to stop her.

« We should let her alone right now, she really need time to think about it you know… » Said Jessica.

« You’re right… » Said Hyoyeon looking down.

« I will go home, I really think we need the night to think too. » Added Jessica putting a reassuring hand on Hyoyeon’s shoulder before going to the door.

« Jessica wait. » Said Hyoyeon walking to her and hugging her. « I… I love you. » She said shyly, her head into Jessica’s neck. « I really do… »

« But? » Asked Jessica knowing Hyoyeon had something more to say.

« I can’t choose between you two… » Confessed Hyoyeon letting go of Jessica who nodded.

« I understand, then it’s probably the last time? » She asked really sad. Hyoyeon nodded so Jessica kissed her slowly, enjoying the kiss because the two girls knew it was the last.

« I love you too. » Said Jessica before leaving the flat.

The next day, CL opened her eyes, she was in her bed, still clothed and her head hurting her to death, but sadly, even with the alcohol, she didn’t forget the night before. She had slept all day and still she felt so broken that standing up was impossible. She just wanted to lay in her bed forever.

Her heart was torn apart between her need to be with Hyoyeon because she was her best friend, her family, her everything, and the reality of what she did, Hyoyeon took her girlfriend…. 
CL started crying again thinking about all the good time she had with Jessica. It was true that at the beginning it was just for fun, but she really loved Jessica now. 
And she didn’t even know now which one of them hurt her the most…

CL turned around in her bed and hit her pillow with her fist, she was really angry, more angry than sad. But this anger made her sad at the same time, because it was so hard to be angry at her best friend, and she never had been angry at Jessica before. CL sat in her bed and took her head in her hands, closing her eyes and thinking about the two girls, the most two important persons in her life, the ones that broke her and cheated on her.

How could they do that to her? 

CL cried during hours before falling asleep again…

It was the sun that woke her up again. She frowned, she was sure that the curtains were closed last time she was awake. She groaned and rubbed her eyes before frowning again. There were food on the desk beside her bed. And looking at it, she knew it was Jessica that had cooked this sandwiches.

CL sighed. Why Jessica was here? Why was she doing this to her? CL looked down, Jessica was so perfect and she knew that one day the girl would get bored and leave her, and deep inside she was ready to let go of the girl but not like that, not in her back, and not for her best friend…

Jessica froze when she entered the room and saw CL sitting in the room.

« What are you doing here? » Asked CL not even looking at her.

Jessica swallowed hard. « I’m sorry, I thought you would still be sleeping… »

« I don’t need you. » Said CL, but her voice cracked into a sob. « Leave! » She said with tears running on her face.

Jessica hesitated, she so wanted to hug CL and made the pain go away, but she was the reason of her pain, and it was too hard to see her like that because of her.

« Please eat something… » Said Jessica turning around to leave.

« Why aren’t you with her? » Asked CL letting the anger took control of her emotions. « Aren’t you two totally in love?! Why are you here? Why are you wasting your time with me then?! »

Jessica faced her, teary eyes. « Are you that stupid? » She asked brokenhearted. « Don’t you realize that I do care about you?! » Asked Jessica looking at CL in the eyes. « I may not be in love with you, but it don’t mean I don’t feel anything for you! » She cried putting her hand on her chest. « We shared so much… how can you think I don’t feel anything for you? »

CL didn’t answered, she just looked down. Jessica calmed down and sat at the end of the bed. « We had a great time, but this game between us need to stop now, we knew since the beginning it was just a game… » Said Jessica honestly.

« Yeah but I get caught into it and started falling in love with you for real… » Confessed CL.

Jessica took her hand. « I don’t think you fell in love with me CL, I know you love me but I think you fell in love with the idea of me… »

« What? » Asked CL a little lost but feeling so relieved to having this talk with Jessica, her heart started hurting a little less after having an open conversation with Jessica.

« You’re definitely gay. » Said Jessica smiling at her « And what you love about us is having a girlfriend, being in couple with a girl and you’re just afraid to not find an another girlfriend if we break up… »

CL didn’t said anything and started thinking about it. Her relationship with Jessica was her first real relationship, the first she ever wanted to prolong forever, the only one she really enjoyed. Everything about being with Jessica felt right. She was herself and this kind of relationship was what she was looking for for so long. And maybe Jessica was right, maybe she was just scared to be gay, to have to look for an another girl… Because with Jessica everything was easy…

« Where is she? » Asked CL suddenly, making Jessica jump in surprise.

« Who? »

« Hyoyeon! » Said CL like it was evident. « I need to talk to her and now! »

« I don’t know, I didn’t see her since you… » Jessica couldn’t finish her sentence, because thinking about this night hurt too much.

« What? » Asked CL surprise to heard that the girls stopped seeing each other. « But I thought… »

« We couldn’t… »

« And now look who’s the stupid one. » Said CL with a sad smile. « We need to find her, I need to talk to you two. »

Jessica frowned. « So what about us? Are you okay with you and me …breaking up? » Asked Jessica totally confuse about CL reactions.

CL stood up and changed her clothes. « I don’t want to keep you prisoner you know, if your heart don’t belong to me then go with the one you love. I don’t want to make you and Hyoyeon suffer. I love you Jessica but I think you’re right, I just loved being with you because you’re a girl, a really great girl, a perfect girl but I think you and I deserve better you know, like we don’t really belong together after all… » Jessica swallowed hard, she wasn’t expecting CL to tell this but she understood it totally. « I’m just sorry to only realize it now… I hope it’s not too late for you and Hyoyeon… Because even if I still want to punch you two in the face to hide the truth from me, I really want to see you two happy in the end… »

Jessica started crying. CL stopped moving and looked at her before hugging her. « What is it? » She asked worried. « Are you sad because of what I just said? » Jessica shook her head no. « Then what? » She asked again. « Did Hyoyeon changed her mind and broke your heart? Because if it’s the case, I will- »

« She left. » Cut Jessica. « She told me she couldn’t choose between her friendship with you and her love for me. »

« So? »

« So you know her better than I do, but I’m sure about one thing, when she feel insecure, she run away… » Said Jessica. « She probably went back in Italy… »

« I will call her to see if she really left. » Said CL taking her phone.

« She’s not answering my calls, I don’t think she will answer yours… » 

CL put her phone in her pocket and took Jessica by the hand, we will find her, I promise you. »

CL took her to Hyoyeon’s flat, CL opened the door with her key and they entered but everything was empty, the plastic bags were protecting the furniture again… CL heart was beating fast, Hyoyeon couldn’t leave without telling her, it was impossible.

They went to see Hyoyeon’s family to know if they knew something about where the girl was. Hyoyeon’s mom was surprise to see that CL didn’t know about Hyoyeon’s departure…

« Her flight is leaving in an hour, she’s probably at the airport. » Said Hyoyeon‘s mother. « I was so sad to hear she was leaving again, I wanted my baby girl to stay but she told me she couldn’t so I had no choice but to let her go… » Confessed her mother.

CL looked at her phone "We’re going to the airport" She said entering her car.

Jessica followed her. « I told you she would leave again. » 

« She didn’t left yet. » Said CL determinate. « You know I never broke my promises. So believe in me, we will find her and she will stay. »

Jessica nodded, but wasn’t sure about it, the airport was at the other end of the city and at this time the street were full of cars. In less that one minute they would be stuck into the traffic…

Jessica frowned when CL suddenly parked the car and turned the engine off. « What are you doing? »

« You know the traffic in Seoul at that time? So follow me! » They went out and ran in the stairs, catching the subway, direction the airport. 

Jessica was silent, CL took her hand and smiled at her. Jessica nodded. They arrived quickly at the airport, CL looked at her phone again. « Twenty minutes » She said looking around. « Where’s her ing flight?! » This airport was so big and so much people were walking all around.

Jessica asked a tall guy that worked at the airport where the flights for Italy were. They followed him, watching all around, hoping to see Hyoyeon.

Suddenly CL started running, Jessica looked at her direction and saw Hyoyeon’s back, her luggage in hand, walking away, she ran after CL.

CL caught Hyoyeon first and stopped her. Hyoyeon was surprise to see CL and then Jessica.

« You can‘t leave. » Said CL looking at her. « You left me once, and you’re doing it again. »

« CL I… »

« No. » Said CL «  You’re staying. We will work on this, I know us, I know Jessica, we’re stronger than that, we will work on it, it will be difficult at the beginning, but we can do this… » Said CL. Jessica didn’t know what to do so she just let CL continue. « Please… I’m sorry… »

« No I’m sorry… » Said Hyoyeon. « But I can’t stay after what happened… I still can’t believe you two are here… »

« We talked… » Said Jessica. « A real and honest talk and she’s right. We can make this right. » Explained Jessica. « CL and I just lost the thing we had together, we can’t loose you… »

« But- »

« Please » Insisted CL « Just come with us for now, listen what we have to tell then if you want to leave, you’re free… »

Hyoyeon looked at CL then at Jessica. She sighed and looked at the screens, her flight was about to leave. She looked down and sighed again.

« Okay right. » She agreed, following the two girls out of the airport.

It took them weeks to be able to act like before and to be closer again. But all the awkwardness started to go away with time, and CL could finally watch her two best friends holding hand in front of her without feeling her heart about to get crashed with hurts.

And now after months, CL enjoyed seeing the girls together, it even started to warm her heart, and giving her hope, hope that love is beautiful and easy.

That’s why tonight, the three girls were at CL place, trying some clothes before going to this new club CL insisted to go. And of course Hyoyeon and Jessica couldn’t say no to CL.

When they entered the club, CL recognized so much people, all the city seemed to be here tonight. She smiled and put her arms around her two friends‘ necks, Jessica on her right and Hyoyeon on her left, bringing her into the crowd proudly walking until Hyoyeon bumped into a girl that turned around angrily.

CL swallowed hard seeing who the girl was.

« CL » Said the girl. « Always here to bother me. » She added.

Hyoyeon frowned and put her hand on CL shoulder to reassure her.

« It’s okay Ailee, don’t start please, we just want to enjoy our night. » Said Jessica showing the way to a free table.

They sat in silence, CL glaring at Ailee with rage. Hyoyeon was sure she would kill her with her eyes if she could.

Jessica rolled her eyes. « Why is she always making a scene when it comes to you? » She asked.

Hyoyeon frowned. « Something happened with Ailee again when I wasn’t here? » She asked confuse.

Jessica nodded. « They fight every time they meet… »

« I thought it stopped after this big fight three years ago? » Asked Hyoyeon remembering it. It was some months before she left for Italy. Seeing CL still looking at Ailee direction she sighed. « Why are you two hating each other that much? » Asked Hyoyeon tired of this situation.

« Last time wasn’t enough? » Again Jessica to CL before looking at her girlfriend. « I thought they would kill each other during the fight. There was blood all over and it was impossible to separate them. » Explained Jessica to Hyoyeon who frowned.

« What was the reason this time? » Asked Hyoyeon to her girlfriend.

« I don’t know, they were sitting at tables next to each other in a restaurant, CL called the waiter and when he came closer, Ailee made him stop to her table to ask for a drink, CL stood up and pushed her out of her chair, Ailee stood up and slapped CL, I was so scared… » She said to Hyoyeon. « I didn’t understood why it all began, I mean just because of the waiter? » Asked Jessica to CL who frowned. 

« This girl is so annoying that’s all. I know her since middle school and she’s always in my way. » Said CL sending some hate glare to Ailee.

« But you’re always in her way too. » Said Hyoyeon remembering that the war between this two started a very long ago.

« She stole my boyfriend when we were 15. » Explained CL.

« You were always fighting for the same boys! » Added Hyoyeon. « Just forget this and act like and adult for now. »

« I can’t! » Said CL.

« Why? » Asked Jessica. « Let this go and forget about her. Look, it’s great, she didn’t try a move when we were together. »

« Because she’s not gay. » Said CL like it was evident. « She would always took my boyfriends, she’s definitely straight. »

Hyoyeon looked at Ailee still looking at CL and frowned, this two were always finding a reason to fight and it was still the case. It was like they were obsessed by each other. Hyoyeon smiled and remembered what her mom told her about the boys scared to admit their love for a girl and would rather be mean to her to get her attention that to confess their love… It was totally like CL and Ailee.

« If she’s not gay then why is she staring at you since we talked to her? » Asked Hyoyeon winking at Jessica while CL looked at Ailee.

« She’s not staring, she’s sending me hate… » Explained CL. « Trust me, I know her, she hate me more than anything. »

« And you? » Asked Jessica. « Do you hate her? »

« Of course I hate her, didn’t you listen? She always stealing me everything! » Said CL crossing her arms on her chest.

Hyoyeon stood up and walked to Ailee, they were talking, but Jessica and CL couldn’t heard hear what they were talking about. When Hyoyeon came back she sat and drank a little.

« So, she said that if you really hate her and are not afraid about confronting her you should go outside and meet her in the back street to share a real fight. » Said Hyoyeon. Jessica frowned at her.

« Are you serious? » Asked Jessica.

Hyoyeon nodded. « Ailee is sure CL will not come anyway. »

« Oh really?! I think this girl like to get her kicked! I will show her that I’m not scared of anything. » Said CL standing up angry and going to the exit of the club.

« What did you do? » Asked Jessica ready to follow CL to stop her.

« Stay here. » Said Hyoyeon smiling. « They won’t fight. » She added. « Trust me. » She finished with a wink.

CL walked out and find Ailee alone in the back street, waiting for her.

« Ready? » Asked CL coming closer. 

« More than ready. » Said Ailee.

CL took Ailee arms in hers and pushed her against the wall, Ailee smiled at her. « I love when you’re angry… » She confessed.

CL frowned not understanding what was going on. « Are you mocking me? »

Ailee smiled again and pushed CL away from her, and this time she was the one blocking CL against a wall. « But I like it more when I’m the one in control. »

« You will never control me. » Said CL feeling butterfly in her stomach. Having Ailee that close to her and wanting to dominate her made her a little hot.

Ailee get closer and kissed CL neck hungrily. CL was so shocked that she couldn’t stop the moan that escaped . Still shocked, but enjoying it a little CL pushed Ailee away and looked at her in the eyes before walking quickly to her and kissing her on the lips.

Ailee kissed her back, battling for dominance, CL finally relaxed when she won the battle. She let her hands travel against Ailee body, savoring it. It was like this kiss erased this war that had always been going on between them.

They backed away at the same time, a little breathless and looking at each other like what happened wasn’t real, but indeed it was. And neither of them knew what to do, what to say…

Staying in silence during some minute Ailee finally started talking. « I think now you know what I want from you. » She said. « I made a move, next one is yours. » She said going back in the club leaving a thoughtful CL alone in the back street.

Ailee and her had always been battling for everything, wanting what the other one had, and this rivalry started the day they met. It was like even if they wanted it, they could never be friend. Ailee was a pretty girl and CL knew that was part of why the hated her, she was jealous, jealous of her… And CL knew that the only way to exist in this pretty girl world was to be her enemy and it worked well. They interacted a lot, challenging each other, being better that the other.

CL stopped her thoughts. Now that she thought about it, she realized that she had a crush on Ailee, but she couldn’t know it before because she didn’t know she was gay… And it seemed that Ailee had a crush on her too…

« Hyoyeon was right… » Whispered CL shocked by herself. « She was totally right. We were fighting all this time to get each other attention…? » She wondered walking back to the club door.

She entered it and walked to Ailee, she took a big breath and asked a drink for them two.

« I’m sorry. » Started CL but Ailee looked at her and sighed.

« Listen, I’m the one that’s sorry okay? All this time I just wanted you to see me, to be part of your life and you seemed to just ignore me so the only way I find was to take what was yours… » Explained Ailee. « I didn’t wanted to hurt you or anything, I just wanted you to look at me and with the time the only way you would get interested in me was when I made you angry…So I started to enjoy seeing you angry, because it was the only emotions from you that were only directed at me… »

CL didn’t know what to say now that Ailee confessed to her.

« So I’m sorry CL, and I understand you’re not feeling the same you know and I won’t bother you anymore. » Added Ailee.

« No please. » Said CL. « I was into this too. I would challenge you a lot to get your attention too. » She explained. « I think I liked you since the beginning but didn’t understood it… »

« So…? » Ailee hesitated.

« Do you want to dance with me? » Asked CL with a smile that Ailee returned to her with a nod.

From their table Jessica and Hyoyeon watched them and Jessica shook her head. « What did you tell to Ailee? »

« The truth. » Said Hyoyeon. 

« And what is it? » Asked Jessica curious.

« I told her; I know you love her and if you don’t tell her how you feel and continue to make her feel like you hate her, she will never give you a chance. And you will regret it all your life, wondering if she would have shared your feelings if you confessed. »

Jessica looked at her with a smile. « And then? »

« I told her that if she wanted to be honest for once, she should go in the back street and that I would send her CL. An angry CL. » Said Hyoyeon smiling. « She told me it was okay because she liked to see her cute angry face. »

« That’s all? She didn’t tried to denied her feeling for CL? » Asked Jessica.

« No » Said Hyoyeon. « I think that she hide them for so long that it’s hurt her most than everything now… »

« You’re so nice… » Said Jessica. « You gave them a chance to see if they’re mean to be with each other… »

« Yeah I kind of and guardian angel for them. » Said Hyoyeon laughing. « Aren’t your girlfriend perfect? » She asked joking but Jessica nodded and kissed her.

« Yes you are, that’s why you’re mine. » She answered kissing her again.

FIN