Tears

After... Us

Hong Yuna - Colour Ring WINNER Cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM6HWdrmT6I


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fog flew out of people's mouths as the winter night paid its seasonal visit again today. As the sun went to sleep, the lights lit up one by one decorating the boring streets with a bright juxtaposing light. As cars coloured the roads red and white and the houses lighting up like candles, a particular girl waited as her order was getting ready. Softly kicking the air, she looked down and waited patiently while listening to her boyfriend's songs. As something wet touched her nose, she looked up at the polluted night sky. It was snowing... the first snow of the year and there she was... alone yet again. Sighing, she reminisced about the happy times she had together with her boyfriend. As the lady of the restaurant called out for her, she went inside the busy store to collect her order. Alcohol, cursing and backstabbing comments were all that had filled the restaurant as office workers and employees filled themselves up with Soju to drown their pessimistic emotions. Trying to escape the cruel world by finding happiness in the bitter and unhealthy drink. Quickly grabbing her order she ran out excitedly as the thought of surprising her boyfriend and his friends came into her mind. 

Jogging softly, she giggled as she thought of the possible reactions of her boyfriend. As she reached her destination, she took a deep breath before checking the surroundings. Seeing that she was the only one, she opened the fence and went inside before she closed it as softly as she could. After walking though the alleyway, she finally reached the back door of her destination, the YG trainee practice building. Sighing in content, she inputted the passcode before walking into the familiar building. As she walked past the staff and the other trainees, she greets them gleefully and cheers them up by giving positive comments. As she got to her boyfriend's practice room, she heard music playing so she waited for it to end before softly knocking on the door.

"Come in" A masculine voice replied as she slowly opened the door.

As the door opened, the stuffy and sweat-smelling air that was trapped in the room immediately hit her. Holding her disapproving face, she gave a sympathetic smile at the eight boys and held up the bags of food that she had ordered for them. Smiling and cheering, the boys tiredly trudged to her before immediately stopping as they had forgot to get an approval from their choreographer. Shaking his head in disapproval the choreographer took a look at the disoriented boys before sighing and shooing them off with a wave of his hand. Cheering full-heartedly the boys ran like a pack of starving wolves towards the food. Laughing motherly, she gave the boys the food before scolding them to eat slowly so that they wouldn't choke. Looking around, she noticed that her boyfriend wasn't there so she got up and asked the choreographer right before he had left. 

"Hanbin? I think he's in an empty practice room composing." The choreographer replied as he left her to find her boyfriend.

Nodding, she said goodbye and turned back to the boys.

"Guys, I'm going to check on Hanbin, if you guys need something message me okay?" She told the boys and after she got a wave as an approval, she left them to feed their hungry stomachs.

As she walked around the place, she bid goodbye to the other trainees and staffs that were leaving. Taking her time, she finally found a quiet practice room that had lights on. Knowing that Hanbin would probably be in there focusing on his composition, she quietly opened the door and went inside. After confirming that the belongings in the practice room was Hanbin's she went towards the vocal room but stopped midway as a bad instinct suddenly invaded her system. To her, the room suddenly went cold and the vocal practice room stretched to miles away. Something wasn't right and she knew it. Slowly, her arm dropped to her side as she thought back through the few weeks. 

For weeks now, Hanbin had been getting more and more distant as the days past. Ignoring her calls, telling her to not visit the boys and short replies. Basically he was giving her the cold shoulders. As shudders went down her spine, she painfully took a step closer, but her mind ran wild with the assumptions. She knew, he was stressed, she knew he was tired, she knew he was going to break. Hesitating, she walked to the door of the vocal room but as her hand landed on the door handle, her whole body froze, as she knew she wouldn't be able to stand what'll happen next. Taking a deep breath and reassuring herself that she was just scaring herself, she turned the door handle.

Taking a deep breath, she opened the door and like the movies, the scene moved in slow motion as she took a look inside the room. Gasping, her arms shook and her legs trembled. Tears overwhelmed her eyes as they rained down her beautiful face one by one. Unable to accept the scene, her hand travelled up to and covered it, as she couldn't seem to be able to comprehend it. As a minute passed, her shoulders finally slumped down and a soft sob escaped disrupting the couple in front of her. 

"Soojin..." Lee Hayi stuttered, as she couldn't believe she was there

"I... " 

"Enough... I don't need to hear anymore... It's not your fault, our love wasn't working out anyway... right Hanbin?" Kayleen managed to stutter out as she watched Lee Hi and Hanbin.

Even though she knew it was reality she just couldn't accept it, Lee Hi or Lee Hayi, her best friend was sitting on her boyfriend, Habin's lap sharing a kiss together. She knew that Hanbin was falling out of love with her, but she just couldn't accept the fact that he was just going to throw away their relationship by cheating, their five year relationship. Taking a step back, she looked down on the floor, not wanting to see Hanbin's face because she knew; it wasn't a sad and regretful one, but probably an annoyed and irritated one. 

"Well then, I'm just going to go now. Just... continue with what you were doing, don't mind me..." Kayleen stuttered as she hesitantly stumbled out and shut the door. 

Once the door for the vocal room was closed, she cried... As the soft silent cries became sobs, she walked out of the practice room and ran. She didn't know where to go, but she knew she had to get out of the place, out of this nightmare. 

"Kayleen..." Bobby called out as he saw her running towards him but stopped as she ran past him. 

Knowing that something was wrong, he went inside, grabbed all her belongings and followed her out. Ignoring all the members’ questioning and confused looks, he ran after her. After what had seemed like twenty minutes of running, Kayleen had finally stopped and fell onto her knees. Sobbing out loud, she cried to her heart's content. Unsure of what to do, Bobby stood and watched as she cried and sobbed. Looking around, he realised that they had reached the park under the Yanghwa Bridge not so far from the company. Sighing, he took his jacket off and placed it on her shoulders before softly patting her back and telling her that everything was going to be all right. As she noticed the extra presence, she jumped and turned towards it with high and expectant hopes. Time seemed to slow down once again as her sparkling eyes turned grey with disappointment. Taking a deep breath, Bobby hugged her as he comforted her and prepared himself for what was coming next.

"You knew didn't you?" She asked vulnerably as her face illustrated how desperate she was for him to say no, to lie to her.

Sighing again, he turned his head and just continued to pat her back, trying to calm her down. Trying to think of ways to calm her down, he grunted, as he couldn't think of anything. He knew there was no way of telling her the truth without hurting her. To him, she was the closest person he has that was physically close to him. To him, she was his precious sister that he could never bear to hurt. To him, she was his substitute mother that took care of him in place of his biological mother that was physically unable to do so as she was too far away. 

"You knew." Kayleen stated as she started to tense up.

"You knew and yet you didn't even bother to do anything about it! How could you? I thought we were friends! How could you do that when you knew that I’d get hurt! How could you not warn me! How could you not break us up! How could you leave me to my own broken imagination! How could you leave me in this state! I hate you!" She screamed and shouted as she struggled to get out of his grip.

As her sobs came back for a second round, she finally broke down. Swinging her arms here and there, not caring whether Bobby was getting hit or not, she sobbed tragically at herself. As the minutes passed by, her sobs came slowly to a stop before a sinister laugh took over. She laughed like a maniac as she came back to reality. She laughed at herself. Her pathetic and broken self which she had promised not to show and yet here she was, in Bobby's arms, all broken and unamendable. 

Her mind turned blank and her reactions ceased, Bobby patted her back a few more times before picking her up, helping her stand properly and wiping her tear-stained face. Without a word exchanged Bobby led the way down the street as she weakly followed. As pessimistic and tragic thoughts conquered her mind, she couldn’t care less about what would happen to her. She was numb, she was paralysed, and she couldn’t do anything but think of how Hanbin would break up with her.

“Kayleen… wake up, you’re home now, you’re safe now…” A masculine voice rang throughout her mind as it interrupted her thoughts.

“It’s okay now, you’re safe here and don’t worry, I’ll be here for you for as long as you need me to be.” Bobby whispered softly as he tucked her in bed, hoping that a good night sleep would wash away her memories of the tormenting day.

As her last tear suicided, she fell asleep in hopes to find the end of this horrible nightmare.