- 1 / 1 -

- Remember -

Daehyun doesn’t know how long he’s been walking for, dirty bare feet slowly walking along the barren path of his personal Hell, the vast wide open scenery flowing around him like a blur, his simple black canvas shoes held loosely in his right hand.

 

The sun showers unbearable heat upon barely covered shoulders, tanning already smooth olive coloured skin. He wasn’t too bothered by it, though, not caring about the fact he would be sun burnt, if he wasn’t already. He can’t feel a thing.

 

He doesn’t know where he is heading to; he can’t remember where he’s from or who he is and what his name was. Only one thought rings continuously throughout his otherwise empty mind and it was a name, familiar in some ways but vague in most, it was a name to a faceless person, unrecognisable in mind’s eye, but the second he lays his eyes upon that person, he’ll know it’s them.

 

He never knew how peaceful things could be when he just walked, the real world of bustling people and different lives fading into the depths of his mind - just like his own name, his memories of him and his family – a blank canvass, his entire being gone from existence. He was just another nameless face – another nameless person with so little stories to tell they were barely remembered, forced to the furthest depths of his mind and left there to disappear with the rest of his memories.

 

As he walks on, the path suddenly begins to narrow, walls slowly forming out of grey concrete; he picks up his pace, shoes left forgotten on the ground, dropped some ways behind him. Panic soon takes over he stumbles onwards. He quickly steadies himself by using one of the concrete walls, using one arm to carry his entire weight while he begins to walk faster and faster soon breaking out into a run.

 

He runs until he reaches the end of the narrowed path, the end was nothing but an unstable rocky ledge and darkness. If he took one step further, he would surely fall to what would inevitably be his death.

 

He turns to go back but before he can take a single step away from the ledge, a man wearing a midnight black hooded cloak with the hood up, covering most of their face, was standing in his way. The person also wore a strange but plain white mask; a small single black teardrop painted on its left cheek was standing right there. Daehyun found it strange, but familiar.

 

It’s quiet, save for Daehyun breathing rapidly – trying to calm down though he swore he was having a panic attack. He was scared; scared for reasons he didn’t know. The masked figure lifts their hand to their face, carefully removing the white mask and pulling the hood down.

 

Daehyun freezes, breath hitching, caught in the back of his throat as he stares at the man. He knows this face. He remembers. Yongguk – but it wasn’t his Yongguk. It was a monster with sharp teeth, mouth pulled into a crooked smile that didn’t reach cold, lifeless eyes, fiery red hair sat tousled atop his head, and the same way his Yongguk would wear his hair. Everything was similar to his Yongguk but it wasn’t him. His eyes didn’t have the warmth that he remembered.

 

It’s still quiet, neither said a word. Yongguk doesn’t move, but Daehyun does, only a few steps forward, just enough so he could touch him.

 

Yongguk doesn’t flinch as a small, timid hand gently touches the side of his face, fingertips ghosting the edge of visible cheekbone, down to the length of his jaw, pausing at his chin, before removing his hand entirely and looking up at Yongguk with fear filled eyes.

 

He was right. It wasn’t him.

 

Daehyun can’t think (what is he doing?), can’t breathe - (What is air? It feels like he’s suffocating) can’t stay – must go. He steps backwards, once, twice, Yongguk’s eyes widening as Daehyun disappears off the edge, solid ground no longer beneath his feet.

 

He feels like he’s floating in midair, gravity not claiming him for a moment, before his world begins to crumble away in front of his eyes. He does not make a sound, no shouting in fear of death, nothing. He only closes his eyes, allowing the growing darkness of the end to consume his entire being.

 

He remembers. But it’s too late.

 

-Time’s over-