Final

Sad Days Call For Orange Creamsicles

Jongin steps into his and Kyungsoo's shared apartment tiredly and toes off his shoes quickly before swooping in to kiss his boyfriend who is sitting on the couch. 
 
When Jongin pulls away, the back of his hand Kyungsoo's cheek fondly, he smiles sympathetically at said boy, "Bad day?" Jongin wraps an arm around Kyungsoo's waist and leads him into their bedroom. 
 
"Yeah, how did you know?" Kyungsoo raises a semi-suspicious eyebrow, "You haven't been home for even two minutes and you already know how I'm feeling." 
 
"You're lips taste like orange creamsicles. Whenever you're sad, mad, or stressed, you eat them," Jongin smiles before burying his face into the crook of Kyungsoo's neck and humming contently.  
 
"You're right," Kyungsoo nods slowly. 
 
"Do you wanna talk about it?" Jongin noses along Kyungsoo's jawline. 
 
"Not really, no," 
 
"So we're just gonna have to cuddle this one out, huh?" Jongin grins, finally making  eye contact. Kyungsoo begins to show signs of protest but Jongin will have none of it as he stands the both of them up, pressing Kyungsoo close to him as he pulls the blanket aside. Once the blankets are clear, Jongin simply lets himself fall into the mattress, pulling Kyungsoo (who lets out a surprised shriek) down with him.  
 
They land with an oof and  Jongin pulls the covers over them quickly to make sure the shorter male has no chance at escape. 
 
"I didn't say yes," Kyungsoo says flatly but snuggles into Jongin's broad chest, nonetheless. 
 
"You didn't say no either," Jongin shrugs. 
 
A comfortable silence settles over them for a couple seconds before Kyungsoo speaks, "You know, this 'cuddling it out' idea you have is mostly only beneficial for you." 
 
"I told you that I was a selfish lover when we started going out, though," Jongin mutters weakly in his own defense.  

"And I believe it," Kyungsoo lets out a chuckle and Jongin can hear how extremely forced it sounds. 

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" Jongin's brow is furrowed and the worry is evident in his voice. 

Kyungsoo hesitates, "No, you'd get mad at me."  

At Kyungsoo's unwillingness to open up, Jongin is a bit hurt but he chooses not to voice it out as not to push Kyungsoo further into his shell. "I promise you that I won't get mad. Well unless, you're cheating on me, then I can't say I'd be too happy if the love of my life has someone else," Jongin says. 

"I'm not cheating on you," Kyungsoo deadpans, hitting Jongin's forearm halfheartedly.  

Jongin rolls Kyungsoo over so he's facing him and he pecks him on the nose lovingly, "Please tell me what's got you so down, love. You'll feel better after getting it off your chest." 

"Promise you won't get mad?" 

"Well, since you already confirmed that you're not cheating on me and I'm pretty sure you're not gonna break up with me, then yes, cross my heart," Jongin smiles softly, knowing that he's already in too deep with Kyungsoo because he's constantly catching himself staring at Kyungsoo's beautiful features all too often, not that he minds. 

Kyungsoo takes a deep breath and refuses to make eye contact with Jongin for longer than a second, "Okay, so, your co-worker, Soojung, I think.. well, she came over. She said she wanted to see you. She thought that I was your household help or something. She said that she was going to take you out for a coffee date." 

Jongin doesn't say anything and keeps listening. Kyungsoo takes another deep breath as if to fill himself with more confidence to speak instead of oxygen and then he lets out a shuddered breath then continues, "I-I didn't know what to say Jongin. I was scared. What is Soojung to you, Jongin?" 

Jongin is quick to soothe Kyungsoo, "She's nothing but a coworker to me. I don't care about her, I only care about you, Soo." 

Kyungsoo finally looks up at Jongin, his vision already blurred by b tears threatening to spill, "How can I be sure?!" Kyungsoo's insecurities were beginning to peek out from behind his usual calm demeanor. 

"There's no need to worry, Soo. She's nothing compared to you," Jongin places a kiss on Kyungsoo's forehead and pets his hair. 

"But it's just- it's just, she's so pretty and she's nice and she's confident and she has nice eyes and lips and-" 

Jongin cuts him off, "Sure she is, but I'm not interested in her. Only you, Kyungsoo. Please don't bash yourself like that. She's pretty but you're beautiful. She's nice but you’re so caring. She's confident but you're cute and shy and I like that. She has nice eyes, but yours are nicer. Her lips are okay but they can  never top yours in a million years. To others, Soojung is a very beautiful person and an ideal lover but I don't want an ideal lover I just want Do Kyungsoo." 

In a second, Kyungsoo's head is buried in Jongin's chest, "I'm not beautiful Jongin." 

"In my eyes, you're flawless. I don't think I'll ever be able to express how much I love you," Jongin smiles. 

"Ew, stop being cheesy please," Kyungsoo lets out the first genuine laugh since Jongin got home. 

"There's the Soo that I love. I was wondering where you went," 

Kyungsoo's laughter is cut short and he pauses for a couple seconds before asking, "Are you sure you're not mad at me for being a jealous, clingy boyfriend?" 

"Of course not. It's good to know that this isn't one-sided thing. You're not the only one that gets jealous in this relationship, you know," Jongin shrugs. 

"Yeah, I noticed," Kyungsoo says flatly, easily recalling all the times Jongin has pulled him away from strangers that apparently were looking to 'get in his pants'. Some of them were set on that goal but not all of them but regardless of their motive, it would never be long before Jongin would be dragging Kyungsoo home to do unspeakable things to him in the bedroom that included a Kyungsoo chained to the bed and an equally  Jongin muttering, "mine mine mine." into Kyungsoo's skin. 

"Hey, the company is having a party tomorrow, do you want to tag along?" 

"Why? I might start freaking out when I see Soojung again," Kyungsoo looks up at Jongin, half-embarrassed and half-worried. 

"You won't because I'll be there, babe," Jongin buries his nose in Kyungsoo's locks. 

"Don't call me babe, it's gross," Kyungsoo glares. Jongin laughs and his chest vibrates and Kyungsoo shivers at the feeling. 

"Whatever, babe. Anyway, I was just thinking that someone would have to tell Soojung that you're not my maid," Jongin snorts. 

Kyungsoo starts to wriggle out of Jongin's embrace but Jongin holds him tight, "Nope, you're not leaving." 

Suddenly, un-socked feet are rubbing against his legs and Kyungsoo  frowns, "Jongin where are your socks?" Kyungsoo waits for an answer but gets none. He looks up at Jongin but the tanned boy is doing everything not to make eye contact with his lover. The poor nervous thing even started to sweat slightly. "Nini what did I tell you about wearing socks?" 

Jongin lets out an exasperated sigh, "I know, hyung. I just don't like socks."  

"Stop being a whiny baby. If you want me to attend that party of yours then you better be wearing some goddamn socks," Kyungsoo says firmly. 

"But hhyyyuunnggg,"  

"Shut up, Jongin and just put some socks on," Kyungsoo commands and in a second, Jongin out of bed and fishing through drawers to find a pair of socks. He will never forget the few times he's let Kyungsoo top and boy was he rough. He wasn't looking to have another round like that. 

While Jongin is pulling the socks on, Kyungsoo sees a chance to escape and leaps out of bed and makes a run for the door but unfortunately, Jongin catches the movement in the corner of his eye and he's quick to launch himself at Kyungsoo. He pins him to the bed and quickly pulls the covers over them again then calmly puts his second sock on. "We're still not done here, young man," Jongin tuts. 

"I'm older than you," Kyungsoo mutters, "What more do need from me?" The sass is obvious but Jongin, so used to it all, brushes it off easily. 

"We still have to cuddle. ," Jongin grins, "But don't worry, I'll keep the socks on, I still want you to attend the company party."

 


 -don't worry, jongin gives makes him a chai latte later

 

omg took me forever to write tho. i just started highschool and i have so much work wow. BUT fear not, i have spinal surgery on oct. 6th so i won't have school for a month after that so chill, i'll write as much as i can.

*shamelessly advertises* instagram tumblr

 

btw, sequel or nah?