The Start of Something New

The Unrequited Love

Author’s POV

 

Jeon Jungkook.

The name that turned him to shame.

The name that sent his fantasies reeling, both the unspeakable ones and the greasily romantic ones.

The name that kept him up all night tossing and turning, staring at the pallid moon and contemplating his miserable, miserable existence.

If only Jungkook was his, forever (Taehyung was unable to believe how cheesy that sounded in his head).

He watched in silence, eyes scanning through the immense room, eyes stopping right when he saw a special someone.

Jungkook had his head rested softly upon the table, his soft ebony locks fanned out like an inky halo, reminding Taehyung of soft crow’s feathers on powdery snow. His unnaturally long, elegantly curled (Did he use mascara? Honestly…) eyelashes fluttered and brushed the marble skin of his cheekbones as he dreamt, and Taehyung….Taehyung was in love.

His lips parted for a second, and for a moment Taehyung breath caught, worried his mental ode dedicated to Jungkook’s godlike jawline had been heard. Oh my God, I am in deep.

"Kim Taehyung? Taehyung?" Taehyung snapped out of his girlish fantasies, and looked up to see his home room teacher, Professor Kim, standing above him with a disapproving frown on her unlined face. "I sincerely hope you were listening."

Taehyung grinned sheepishly at her, running a hand through his tousled hair and missing it up even more. "Heh...sorta."

Professor Kim sighed. "I'll talk to you later. Meanwhile, please do listen. I'd hate for you to miss anything."

Taehyung smiled and nodded, and caught Jungkook's eye, who was looking at him with an amused glint in his dark eyes. He winked at him, and mouthed, "You're not discreet enough."

Taehyung stuck his tongue out at him and shrugged, making Jungkook smile, and his heart skipped a beat.

The bell rang, and Taehyung gladly grabbed his bag and stood up. But before he could go to his next class, Professor Kim called his name. "Taehyung? Could you come over here for a second?"

Taehyung groaned internally, resisting the urge to roll his eyes, and walked over to Professor Kim's desk. She surveyed him with her dark, kohl-lined eyes. "Taehyung, you've been spacing out a lot these days. Are you alright?"

"Yeah...I guess. It's nothing to worry about. I'm sorry." Taehyung shoved his hands into his pocket, embarrassed.

She sighed, and removed the clip from her hair, letting her dyed-brown hair fall down her shoulders. Resting her chin on her palm, she said, "As your home room teacher AND your cousin, I feel obliged to care for you well being at all times. Tell me, is it something to do with your dad?"

Taehyung sighed. "No. It’s been ages since he left anyways. I’ve stopped caring.” He winced. Though it was only half the truth, it was nowhere near his current problems.

“Anyway, not anyways.” she corrected with a tiny smile on her face. “Well, either way, you can talk to me anytime you’ve got something on your mind.”

“Yeah, I know.” Taehyung smiled at her. “But I’m okay.”

Professor Kim raised her eyebrows. “Sure, you’re okay. Totallly. I mean, it’s not like you space out in every class...” Then all of a sudden, her eyes widened and popped open like a startled pufferfish. “Oh my God. I get it now. You’re in love, aren’t you?”

Taehyung gaped at her with an equally startled expression, face slowly reddening to the exact shade of a ripe tomato. How did she even come across that possibility so fast? He wasn’t that obvious, he supposed, but there was no way she could’ve come to that conclusion THAT quickly. It wasn’t like he spent every lesson staring at Jungkook...or maybe he did. He stared at her, horrified, and stuttered, “I-I-I-I-”

Triumphant, she clasped her hands together. “Kim Taehyung, you’re in love!”

“Aren’t you supposed to be my teacher and not my caretaker?” Taehyung grumbled, turning his flaming face aside.

Professor Kim grinned at him, face flushed with amusement and elation at finding out his secret. Resting her elbows on the table, she asked, “So who is it? Jung Hoseok? He’s cute, and kinda loud and annoying. Or maybe Jeon Jungkook? He’s also cute, and quiet and a little dorky. Or maybe...um, the older boy, Kim Seokjin? The cute and sorta dumb guy?”

Taehyung’s eyes widened further, and he stared at her, half in horror and half in amazement. “How-”

“Did I know you liked boys? Please,” she snorted. “I’m not exactly blind, and you’re not exactly very discreet about it.”

He met her gaze awkwardly. “And you’re okay with that? You’re not going to go running to my parents screaming about my inner homo?”

Professor Kim rolled her eyes and winked at him. “It’s your business, not mine. Plus, it’s the 21st century. You decide when to break it to them. What do kids these days call it? Yeah, coming out.”

Relieved, he broke into a wide smile, almost afraid she would start lecturing him about the ethics of uality, etc. Half of him wished she hadn’t been able to guess (so much), but the other half was glad there was someone for him to share his secret with.

“Don’t just stand there, I’ve kept you for long enough. Off to your next class!” She shooed him with a hand and pinned her hair back up.

Taehyung smiled. “Got it, Taeng.”

Professor Kim pointed with both hands at the plastic plaque in front of her, the one with the name “Professor T. Y. Kim” printed on it. “School premises, you call me Professor Kim.”

He mimicked her in a high-pitched falsetto, and ran out of the room before she could throw the plaque at him, laughing to himself.


 

* * *


 

Taehyung was packing his books into his backpack as Jungkook walked over.

“Oi, Tae.”

He looked up to see Jungkook grinning at him, arms crossed and tie undone (Taehyung secretly found that extremely hot).

“Wanna go to my place?” Jungkook asked Taehyung.

Taehyung blushed at the mention of going to Jungkook’s house but quickly shook off his embarrassment. “Why the sudden invitation?”

Jungkook pursed his (perfect, pink) lips. “Well, I kinda need help with writing my speech for the election of the Student Council vice-chairperson.”

“I’ll vote for you,” Taehyung offered immediately.

“I know,” Jungkook assured him, nudging him. “But still, I want your help. You write so often I’m sure you’re better at this than I am.”

“S-sure, w-why not?” Taehyung replied, cheeks flushed a mottled red color. His mind chanted at him ohmygodyou’regoingtohishouseguesswhatmighthappenohmygodyou’regoingtohishouseguesswhatmighthappen, and Taehyung felt his face heat up even more.  Shut up, he told his brain.

Completely oblivious to Taehyung’s internal argument with himself, Jungkook happily jumped up, pulling on Taehyung’s arm. “Let’s go!”

They were walking side by side down the corridor when Jimin (in Taehyung’s opinion, the reincarnation of the devil in a short teenage boy’s body) jumped out from nowhere and slung an arm over Jungkook’s shoulder.

“Hey kookie-ah~” Jimin cooed.

“Yah! I told you not to call me that!” Jungkook said, face now completely flushed. Jimin snickered.

 

Taehyung’s POV

I clenched my fists. I knew what was coming next. I’m spending the next few hours with the person I dream of every night, and it had to be ruined by him. I rolled my eyes at everything he said. He tries so hard. Too hard. It’s like he’s Jungkook’s fangirl.

“Sooo what are we gonna do later, at our place?” Jimin used his aegyo-filled voice as he checked if my reaction would show jealousy. I rolled my eyes. again. This is gonna be a seriously long night.

“_______!” He answered as I sighed in relief. I felt my eyes soften as it glimmered at the sunset. It was Jimin’s turn to harden his emotion.

“Well then do it faster so I can play with you!” Jimin did aegyo for the gazillionth time. I rolled my eyes. Force of habit. My eyes are gonna fall off any second now.

We walked inside the house -mansion- and this was the second my eyes popped out of my head. The one and only time where it wasn’t the cause from Jimin’s interruptions.

The house was humongous. How can a house possibly look so small from the outside and gloriously enormous once you go in?

 

Jimin’s POV

I have to make sure Taehyung doesn’t get noticed in Jungkook’s eyes. He’s just trying to make me jealous, getting detention just so he could get my Jungkook’s attention, walking home with him so he could get my Jungkook’s attention. He’s ruining my reputation. This is all his fault. Jungkook loves me. Only me. Taehyung is nothing but an ant I would have enough pleasure to crush any time soon.

 

A/N

Y'all I did not forget ANY of you guys who supporte this story :D It's been almost 3 years and. Please. Allow me to get on my knees and drop my head down in shame. I am so sorry for this. Although I didn't forget about you, i forgot that I had a chapter of this story written SO HERE IT IS!!! THREE YEAR DELAY I AM SO SORRY. Thank you ALL for this support cos SCREW that friend who ditched me D:< Because this was supposed to be a paired masterpiece, I had found another one of my close friends @sahnnybanny to write this with me and bless her beautiful soul for this wonderful creation. and if there is a single person who has actually decided to stay these 3 years, I FREAKING LOVE YOU. <3