3

Take My Hand

 

---------

 

Seoul High's cafeteria ;)

 

 

3:03pm. Seoul High

Free Time

 

Right now, the students of Seoul High are having our little free time this lovely afternoon. And what do students like me do during our free time?

 

Can you guess?

 

Come on, just one little guess?

 

Yeah, of course you don’t know what I do since you guys don’t know me well enough yet!

 

Well, for me, this is the best part of school. Heck, this is probably the only reason why I go to school. I don’t know why but free time is just so fun. I mean, students can do whatever they want. A break from all the hectic things in life. It’s truly awesome.

 

And what I do during this precious time? The answer is very simple.

 

I EAT.

A lot.

 

Yes, by the time the school bell rings for free time, I run to my little heaven (the cafeteria, DUH) and shove all of those greasy, juicy, lovely food inside my mouth and my day will be complete! Like, Hello? Who wouldn’t get hungry after hours and hours of sitting on a stupid chair and listening to the professor’s boring words?

 

Let’s face it, students work hard just to survive everyday in school. So by the end of the day, we should all be rewarded with these wonderful graces from heaven. And that is Food. FOOD IS THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD.

 

Erm, okay.

 

So right now, I’m dragging Jinah to the cafeteria. Why the hell is she so slow? They’re going to run out of milkshakes! I mean, just look at that long line! The cafeteria is packed with these sweaty students. Well, what can I say? Everyone loves the school’s milkshakes. They are to die for. And now I think I have to stop talking in my mind and just grab a milkshake, yeah?

 

“Would you slow down for a second Yerim? I think my arm’s going to fall off with your damn tight grip on it.” Jinah said.

 

“Don’t worry, we’re almost there.”

 

I squeezed into the front line and immediately, students began going crazy, shouting and cursing at me. Fools.

 

I turned to look at all of them and at that, Jinah held my arm and pulled me back. “Aish, Yerim not again! More students will get scared of you now.”

 

And I simply don’t care…

I took a deep breath, “YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!”

 

In an instant, everyone in the line shut up. I smiled and turned back to the lady behind the counter who just had this bored expression on. I guess she was already used to my attitude, huh? I paid for my strawberry milkshake and thanked her with a smile.

Yes everyone, this is my power. I will do anything for my precious milkshake.

 

I grabbed Jinah’s hand. “Let’s go?”

 

She sighed and nodded. After she got her milkshake, we then sat on our own table at the middle part of the cafeteria. Yes, we’ve claimed it as ours because we’ve been sitting there since freshmen year.

 

Let me tell you guys a little something about me and Jinah. We’ve been best friends since middle school. Our mothers were high school friends. She is the only person I can trust, so she is pretty special to me.

 

“Yerim? Yerim! Are you listening to me?”

 

“Oh, uh, what?” I looked at Jinah and she looked back at me with a glare.

 

I patted her head. “I’m sorry Jinahhhhhhhhh. What were you saying again?” I tried pouting even though I hated doing it. She would always give in to me when I pout. Ugh, how embarrassing. As I pouted, she finally smiled at me and took a sip of her milkshake. Be glad you’re my friend.

 

“So as I was saying, Minho kept smiling at me and he kept telling me how pretty I look today I mean, what a flirt right? Before the bell rang, he asked for my number and I just stood up from my seat and left him hanging. And to think that I liked him before! I never knew he was such a flirt. He was so annoying! Stupid kingka.”

 

I smiled at her. That’s what I like about Jinah. That thing we have in common is that we don’t like flirts like those kingkas and queenkas. Jinah may be a girl who falls for a boy easily with just one look, but what matters more to her is a guy’s personality. And as for me? I honestly don’t care about ‘em.

 

I took one last sip of my milkshake and finished it. I was planning to get two pizzas and a burger later on. And maybe grab another milkshake.

“I’m so proud of you Jinah.”

 

She smiled widely and finished her drink quickly. “Yerim, let’s go get a pizza and a burger!”

 

I chuckled. “That’s what I was thinking.”

 

 

I stood up and decided to buy the food myself, when I caught sight of Lee Taemin and his four friends, together with … Soojin? Jeon Soojin? I see her in homeroom. And yeah she’s also a junior.

 

Wait, why is Taemin’s arms around her? And why do they look so lovey dovey? I tapped a random girl passing by and she looked at me with wide eyes.

 

“Park Yerim sunbaenim! You’re really THE Park Yerim! You JUST TAPPED MY SHOULDER!” She bowed 90 degrees and smiled at me. I looked at her weirdly.

 

“Err, no need to do that.” She smiled at me and nodded furiously. Sunbae? Well, she does look like a sophomore to me. Yup, that explains it.

 

“Can I ask you something?”

 

She nodded again with the same smile plastered on her face. Seriously, it’s creeping me out already.

 

I pointed at Taemin’s direction. “Lee Taemin sunbae and Jeon Soojin…”

 

“Oh they are dating! Do you not know that sunbae? They’ve been together for 3 months now.” The sophomore girl said. Sheesh, it’s not my fault why I’m not updated with the latest gossips in school.

 

“Okay then thanks!”

 

She giggled and ran to her friends. So, Taemin and Soojin are dating. Never knew it. Tch, I just met Taemin earlier so how should I know that he’s already dating? Well, these infos are pretty interesting, no? I think I should start asking Jinah for some more gossip. Ugh, this is so not me, I know. So yeah, never mind.

 

After buying all the food I wanted to eat, I hurriedly walked towards our table when I suddenly heard everyone in the cafeteria gasp. What the hell? These kids gasped in chorus, I swear Seoul High students are creepy.

 

I looked at Jinah and she just looked at me with a shocked expression. She pointed downwards and so I followed the direction she was pointing at and that’s when I noticed Soojin on the floor, giving me a death glare.

 

I placed a hand on my waist while I balanced the tray of food on my other hand. “Whatcha doin there?”

 

She rolled her eyes. “Ugh!”

 

Weird, why isn’t she standing up?

 

 

..

 

.

 

OH! Did I knock her out or something? Hm, didn’t feel it though.

I offered her my hand so that she could stand up. “I’m sorry! I didn’t notice.”

 

She slapped my hand away and smirked. “Of course you wouldn’t feel it, with that manly body of yours.”

 

So Soojin is a queenka. With that attitude of hers…

 

I my bored expression and shrugged. “Suit yourself. Stand up on your own then.”

 

I swear everyone’s eyes were on me as I made my way to our table. Jinah just looked at me with a smile on her face. “You really are Park Yerim.”

 

I chuckled and stuffed my face with pizza. “I guess so.”

 

Jinah grabbed a burger and started talking again. “You know what, Taemin’s friends totally adore you.”

 

“What?”

 

“When you knocked down Soojin, all of them laughed secretly. And they kept saying stuff like ‘nice one!’ and ‘damn hottie gave her attitude alright!’. It was so funny, it was clear that they didn’t like Taemin’s little girlfriend. And be glad Taemin wasn’t there. He’s in the restroom right now and if he did see that scene, I’m sure you’ll get a punch from him. He loves Soojin, err, the that much.”

 

I just kept on munching on my food. “Yeah, well anyway. I met Taemin for the first time earlier. I forgot to tell you.”

 

“Really now? So how was he?”

 

“He was alright. He’s fun to look at, I don’t know why though. His face simply amuses me.”

 

Jinah and I chuckled as we finished our food.

It was true actually. I find it fun to look at him. That Lee Taemin...

 


 

“Aigo…”

 

The halls are now empty since classes are starting again. Right now I’m supposed to be in Chemistry class but I decided to skip.

 

I went to the school’s garden and took a seat on the swing. It's so windy today! How nice...

 

But my peaceful moment was ruined when I saw a figure coming towards the swing right next to me.

 

Oh hey, it’s Lee Taemin, carrying a water bottle.

 

Water my . That definitely isn’t just water…

 

He smiled at me as he took a seat on the next swing. 

What's he up to?



Hi guys! 

Sooooooo I skipped school today XD

.....

....

...

..

.

That is all.

Anyway...

I need comments XD