late nights (sequel)

안녕 (hello/goodbye)

“hey fluff do you think its better to add hearts or stars?” you thought for a second as you reached out to grab a baby blue colored pencil. “well my cousin likes robot, not those two things you mentioned” your eyes were focused on this dinosaur you were drawing, even though it looked like a disaster but you were sure your cousin would still like it. Taehyung just nodded then took another piece of paper, pushing away the one in front of him. “i’m gonna make a new one” you opened your mouth in shock, tilting your head to look at your boyfriend in front of you. he had wasted more than six A4 papers in fifteen minutes just to draw a birthday card for your cousin.

You appreciate his effort, you definitely do and you were really happy that he seemed to love your little cousin just like you do but at this rate you will be running out of paper soon. You grabbed his wrist and shook your head. “what? I wanted to draw a robot since you said Yeojoon likes it” he pulled away from your grip, began to draw some squares with a red colored pencil. “but baby, you have drawn so many things that Yeojoon likes!” you hold up a paper with cars on it, also the one with some animals which you didn’t know what they were “these are all enough, you dont need to draw another one”.

Taehyung pouted then he gave you his sweet rectangle smile “just one more. Please?”. He looked so adorable and everyone would’ve given in to whatever he asked if he is like that so you sighed then shrugged as a sign that he can do whatever he wants. He screamed a happy ‘yeah’ before continued drawing on the piece of white paper. You got off the chair to go get something to eat from the fridge.

Nothing much has changed since you got back with Taehyung. the first following weeks were super lovey dovey but right now even though its not as lovey dovey as you guys were, Taehyung still treats you like you’re his queen. You felt so lucky that his feelings for you hadn’t changed. He never missed a single day without telling you how much he loves you and misses you. sometimes he could be cheesy as hell but you don’t mind. And on another day he acts like a tough you which is funny and interesting to see.

Your fridge is full of post its, almost the entire fridge is covered with it but the two of you are too lazy to clean it. Besides, those little papers held memories and journey of your relationship. You grabbed an orange and went back to sit beside Taehyung this time. As you peeled the orange you saw that Tae almost finished drawing. “are you serious? A pink robot?” you laughed a little as you eat a slice of orange. He hold up his masterpiece and smirks proudly “Yeojoon told me he likes pink”. He then collected all his drawings and turned to you who was happily munching on the orange.

“since when do we have orange? Why i didn’t know? How dare you eat without me!” he stole some from you and quickly ran away. You shouted, running to catch him but it was too late, he already ate them. “Tae!! You know how much i like orange!” you huffed and he laughed, pulling your head to press it against his chest as he peck the top of your head. “i’m sorry it looked so tasty i just had to steal it from you”. you looked up at him with a slightly sad eyes, his gleaming ones stared into yours and you blushed a little. Damn Tae and his beautiful eyes, they always make you lost in them.

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

the cold air hit your face as you walked with Tae’s arm around your waist. you just finished going shopping for your cousin’s birthday present. It was a lot of whining on Tae’s side because the second you guys stepped into the toys store he was already grabbing two car toys and insisted you should buy it. But then he stumbled upon a huge robot with a huge price which made you just rolled your eyes and walked past him. you already said you’re just going to buy one present but Tae kept on appearing with bunch of toys and a big grin on his face. after a lot of persuation finally you picked two toys, one which is a set of cars and another one which is a robot like a transformer.

Tae’s other hand was carrying the shopping bag as the two of you stroll through the not so empty road. “we should’ve bought that huge robot!” he suddenly said in a sad voice, kicking an imaginary rock with his foot. “whose birthday present is this again?” you poked his tummy “oooh its baby Taehyung’s, right?” you laughed and its always contagious to Tae so he laughed as well. “Yeojoon will like it a lot and i would be the best uncle”.

Tae slipped away his hand from your waist and you entertwined your fingers with his then swing your hands as you kept walking. “Yeojoon likes you so much Tae. You’re already the best uncle, trust me” you pecked the back of his hand and he grinned. You were right, all the kids in your family love your boyfriend. Scratch that, all the kids in the world without a doubt love this giggly grown up man who is willing to become anything upon the kids’ request. He treat kids with so much care although sometimes he likes to play fight with them and throw them to the couch. But Tae always look at kids with that look of adoration and turns all smiley whenever they give him a kiss.

You have discussed about having kids and getting married with Tae before but you both decided that it shouldn’t be rushed. The two of you are actually really happy with your relationship right now so marriage is not really in any of your minds for now.

After about a twenty minutes walk you guys arrived at your shared apartment, Tae pressed in the codes and the smell of home immediately filled your nose when the door opened. The presents were placed near the TV and Tae went to grab a drink. “fluff do you want anything?” he half shouted so you who was in the bedroom could hear him. you shuffled out of your room with a pajama then sat on one of the dining chairs. “is chef Tae going to make me something?” you gleamed up at him and he shrugged “well if i can make it for you then why not”. you jumped up and gave him a backhugged as youre telling him that you want a watermelon juice.

“ah, its so easy. Chef Tae makes the best watermelon juice!” he exclaimed, because you really love watermelon and Tae had been making the juice so many times. You sat on the sofa waiting and trusting him on this. not longer than fifteen minutes he came to the living room holding two tall glasses with watermelon juice in it and sat beside you.

At first Tae was – of course – a bad cook. He had attempted to make you breakfast in bed but the result was a messy kitchen with a ‘special’ ramyun instead of a lovely looking breakfast that he tried to make. But its the effort that counts. There were more attempts of him cooking for you and it surprisingly got better. Jin told you that Tae begged him to teach how to cook simple food. Now everytime you have to go to work earlier than him he always made you simple breakfast.

“Tae lets sleep” you dragged him to bed and you lay your head on his chest as he hugged you. Tae have this believes that he couldn’t sleep well if he isn’t hugging you so when he is away on tour he always bring a pink dolphin doll that reminds him of you and smells like you to hugged it to sleep.

You were already dozed off, arms sprawling out on the bed and on his body while Tae was still awake. “psstt, baby” he whispered not so quietly to you “babeeee” he shook you a bit this time, earning a whine from you. he kept doing this for a while so you sat up, obviously very annoyed because your beauty sleep was interrupted.

“what?!” you glanced at the digital clock on the bedside table that showed a red 01:17 AM “what do you want at 1 am” you sighed and snuggled to him. “lets buy ice cream at the mart!” he shook you again but a bit harder than the first one. “ughh!!” you squeezed him as he laughed and you got up lazily still closing your eyes. “babe are we going?!” he jumped up excitedly and helped you get your coat, placing it on your shoulder. “what? You dont want to go now?” you grumpily about to go back to bed but Tae’s hands were quick to turn you back around facing the door “no, lets go!” he held your hand tightly and walked out the door.

This is the adventure of being Tae’s girlfriend. He sometimes woke you up in the middle of the night just to ask if you want to have penguin as a pet. Last week you almost got a heartattack because he screamed right beside your ear just because he just saw a video of a very cute kitten and happily shown it to you. but are used to it now, even though on some nights you were tired as hell but seeing the smile on his face made you all warm and tingly so you agreed to do whatever he wanted as long as it was a reasonable thing to do.

So there you were, picking what ice cream you want to eat at 1:30AM with an excited boyfriend beside you. you picked a fish shaped ice cream, the one that you really like. While Tae chose a melon flavored one. Happy that he got his ice cream you guys walked back to the apartment. “babe we should definitely do this every week” he said grinning widely at you who just rolled your eyes as you eat your ice cream.

“can you just like, buy the ice cream then wake me up so i can eat it on the bed?” you put your empt left hand on Tae’s jacket pocket because the wind was a bit cold. He moved his ice cream to his left hand and his right was now holding your hand inside the pocket. “no. You’re the reason i want to do this. so without you then i wouldn’t” you looked up at him with a raised eyebrows.

“i used to go out alone late at night, thinking about some stuff and all that. I thought its gonna be the same when you’re with me but its not. you make this late night trips much better.” He looked at you with a soft smile on his face and continued “i know i disturbed your sleeping time but you never really complained, always down to whatever i want to do when i ask you to come with me. we could be just walk around the neighborhood in silence and i would still love it” he squeezed your hand which was inside his pocket “because i’m just happy to spend time with you”.

You were all smiles when said those lovely words and couldn’t help but to stop in front of him and pecked his lips. You could feel the melon taste on your lips and you smiled sheepishly then continued walking. “i take that as you’re also happy” he looked at you with loving eyes which you happen to not know because if you do you’ll melt right then and there.

“why are you so romantic right now” you playfully hit his arm with your other hand, the ice cream was all in your stomach by now. “hey i’m romantic everyday!” you laughed, pressing the side of your body to his and hummed “well i think youre a cheeseball! You’re never this romantic before”. He let out a ‘are you kidding me’ gasp and ready to argue back. “so all the things i did for you are all cheesy in your eyes? not romantic at all?” you could see him pout a little bit then you let out your hand from his pocket to side hugged him. “i’m kidding baby youre a romantic cheeseball that i love so so much”. “you know what, i think youre the cheesy one” he laughed as he wrap an arm around your waist.

You have read countless love stories and fairytales since you’re a kid and you have dreamed of a knight to come save you and you two will fall in love then have a happily ever after life. But after meeting Tae and without you knowing, all of your fairytale dreams have come true. It might not be like the ones that you’ve read but its your own fairytale and you’re definitely gonna tell your children about it.


i hope this is good enough! ^^~