Chapter 4: Twisted Luck

Lucky/Unlucky

Chapter 4: Twisted Luck


SATURDAY – MORNING
 

Kazuya was crouching behind a garbage can in a dark alley outside the building in which was going to take place the contest. A few meters away from his hiding place stood one of the guards and a man in an expensive suit. At first Kame wasn’t pleased; The men stood exactly in front of the back door and he couldn’t even try to get inside. His annoyance quickly disappeared when he heard them talking about the evening. Apparently preparations were going smoothly and everything was almost done.

“Okuda-san, I hope that your people are ready. We don’t want any trespassers.“

“Of course, Kobayashi-san. There will be two guards at the main entrance, one guard will be watching the door for dancers and staff.”

“What with the back door?” Kobayashi was concerned about performers’ safety.

“We can’t lock the door and there’s no point in having a guard there. The alley is dark and open from both sides. One guard won’t be able to defend himself if there are two or more offenders.”

“Can’t we put two guards here?”

“I’m sorry but we don’t have enough people. Besides we need them more inside.

“If you say so…” Kobayashi didn’t know what to think about it, the guard saw his hesitation.

“Don’t worry, sir. Here, let me show you. It’s impossible to get inside behind our backs.”

Okuda took out the plan of the building and put it on one of the containers next to the door. Kame, interested in the map, stuck out his head from behind the garbage can. He was observing the men for a few minutes. Suddenly he heard a meow and jumped up startled but quickly crouched down again hiding from eyes of both men. His eyes widened at the sight of a stray cat looking curiously at him. He prayed that the cat won’t come any closer; he didn’t want to be caught by the guard. The man looked tough and was much taller than Kazuya. Kame was sure that he would end up with a black eye, broken ribs and an internal bleeding if the man found him. Everything was better than a trip to the hospital. Well… maybe except Yue – the girl was the scariest person he knew, even this guard wouldn’t stand against her.

Fortunately, the cat was more interested in the contents of the container and jump on top of it. The men got back to explaining the plan knowing that it was just some hungry cat. Kame looked at them again when a sudden loud noise was heard on the other side of the alley. Alarmed men quickly made their way towards the weird sound. They forgot to take the plan which got blown by wind and landed just a step away from Kazuya. Kame, seeing that the men disappeared around the corner, stood up and came closer to the plan. His eyes lit up and he quickly picked up the piece of paper. That was exactly what he needed to get inside the building when the time comes.

Kazuya looked up from the paper when he could hear voices of the two men. They were coming back. He hid the plan in a back pocket of his jeans and rushed towards the other end of the alley. Thankfully, he was able to escape before the men saw him.


* * *

SATURDAY – AFTERNOON


Even though Jin was known for being late, members of AT-TUN surprisingly were on time. Kobayashi was waiting for them at the door for artists. After a quick exchange of courtesies, the man showed them the way to their dressing room. Koki, Ueda and Nakamaru were surprised that their costumes were ready; they thought that Mitsui won’t help them with the performance after jin’s ‘brilliant’ plan.

Their dressing room wasn't especially specious but it was enough for them to relax after their performance.

Suddenly the door next to theirs fall open. They all looked at the left. They weren't surprised seeing NEWS standing in the doorway with wide smiles on their faces. Before anyone could say anything both bands heard a loud squeal and Yamapi jumped on Jin. The boy was surprised by the sudden action from his friend and fell on his back with Pi on top of him.

"Okay, Pi. I'm happy to see you too but can you get up now? You're heavy." Jin patted his friends back in a friendly manner.

"Sorry, Jin. I just saw Mitsui a few minutes ago. She was quite... excited. Last time when I had seen her like that, you looked like a zombie after her sadistic training. I thought that you're dead this time and she's celebrating it." They stand up from the floor.

"I'm still alive. She was angry but at the end she let me off the hook. I was lucky." He laughed while Ueda and Nishikido rolled their eyes - it wasn't anything new. “What are you going to sing tonight? It’s a promotional event for you, right?”

“Yes, it’s a good opportunity for us. More people will buy our future albums.” Yamapi’s smiled got wider and mischievous. “It’s also a way to win our bet~!”

“Haha, you can dream on! We are way better than your cute, candy-like band.”

“Like yours is any better. You only sing ballads. It’s a miracle that people don’t fall asleep during your concerts.”

“At least we have good voices and we look professional. Who’s your fashion designer? A seven year old girl?”

“Oh? Is that so? I wonder if people really like your girly shriek, a yakuza guy, a game-addicted clown, an old man and a pretty princess standing on the stage in ‘oh, so cool~’ clothes.”

Yamapi said with a smirk that vanished from his face to appear on Jin’s a second later. Pi got paler and started backing off slowly with his hands stretched out in front of him. Ueda was coming closer to him with a death glare. He was furious. He didn’t care if the boy just wanted to make fun of Akanishi, NO ONE called him princess! He jumped in Yamapi’s direction. The boy start running away with his high-pitched scream echoing through the building.

“And who has a girly shriek now?” Jin called after them when the rest of the boys were laughing hard from Pi’s misery.


* * *

SATURDAY – EVENING


Kame stuck out his head from behind the wall observing the entrance for dancers. There was only one guard, just like the plan said. The man was standing by the opened door tapping on the pavement impatiently and waiting for one technician that was supposed to come with an additional amplifier. He was late and the show started a few minutes ago.

Kazuya hid behind the wall and fixed his clothes. The boy had a small bruise on his left cheek but good make-up covered it up. He adjusted his cap hiding his hair and eyes under it. He was determined enough to stole the technician’s clothes. The poor man had been stuck in a small trailer that had brought all the needed equipment earlier that day. Of course, the man tried to get through the door when Kame was closing it so the boy got hit by it. Thankfully, Kame wasn’t as weak as he looked and he was able to imprison the man inside.

Kazuya grabbed a hand cart with the amplifier and confidently walked around the corner. The guard spotted him immediately. He was aware that the boy should be inside already so he just gave him a cold quick glare to reprimand him and ordered to come inside. Kame didn’t think twice, startled by the tough man; he went into the building dragging the cart behind him. When the boy was away from the entrance he screamed in his mind from happiness. First part of the plan – completed.

The boy quickly took out a change of clothes from his backpack that was secretly hidden on one side of the amplifier. He pulled off his cap and left it with the cart’s handle. He hurriedly made his way toward the toilet. Once inside the cabin he started to undress from his coverall but when the garment met the floor, Kazuya heard fast steps and a creak of the door. His heart jumped in his chest. If someone decided to use his cabin, they would caught him. He turned around and looked at the lock. He was quite contented seeing that it was locked. His heart speeded up again when someone knocked on his door. At first he panicked but then he remembered that no one would recognize him from his voice. It was a men’s room after all and the only person that knew his speech was a girl.

Even though, he tried to imitate an old man’s tone. It was a perfect imitation because the guy outside the cabin excused himself and left a few minutes later. Kazuya exhaled the air that he didn’t know he held all this time. He put on his jeans, a jacket and his glasses. He grabbed his backpack and exited the toilet.

“Where to go, where to go… This way.”

He whispered and looked around the corridor. He choose going on the right. Any other person would look at the map but Kazuya couldn’t. Not anymore. The boy lost it about an hour after he had stole it from under the guard’s nose. When he was getting closer to the end of the hall, he heard animated voices. Kame glued himself to the left wall and warily approached the first door. He crouched down and took a look inside. He didn’t know the guys inside the room but something was telling him that they must be a main reason of a huge crowd of girls waiting at the main entrance of the building.

Seeing that the boys were preoccupied with a talk about some ‘boxing princesses and pigs with long tongues’, he quietly slunk himself along the corridor passing by another, this time closed door.


* * *
 

The guard was bored. He was standing there for quite some time and he knew there wasn’t any possibility that someone would come in or out of the door for the next three hours. All artists, dancers and staff were inside working hard to entertain the mass of people.

He looked around checking if his boss wasn’t somewhere near him and pulled out a small chair from behind one of a box lying aimlessly in the alley. He sat there and grasped a middle sized lunch box and a thermos with a hot lemon tea. It was a late spring but nights were still cold at times.

The man was enjoying the taste of his sweet drink when suddenly an utterly exhausted man appeared in front of him. He was breathing heavily and propped his hand against his knees. The guard was even more confused when the unknown man snatched a cup from him and quaffed the content of it.

“Who are you?! And give back my cup! It’s a present from my wife.”

“I’m… s-sorry…” he panted. “I’m a… technician… I was supposed to… bring an amplifier.” The guard glared at him suspiciously.

“Someone already got us the amplifier. You should choose a better excuse if you want to get inside. I can’t let you in.”

“It wasn’t me! Argh...! I mean, some guy locked me up in the trailer. If some old lady hadn’t free me, I would be stuck there for another few hours.”

“How can I believe you? Do you have any proof?” The tired man pulled out a mobile phone from his pocket and made a quick call. A minute later Kobayashi and Okuda showed up in the doorway.

“What’s going on? Takeda-san, what are you doing outside? Shouldn’t you be backstage helping with lights?” Kobayashi was puzzled.

“Yeah, I should but some guy disguised as me tricked the guard here and came inside!”

“Wait, does it mean that we have a trespasser in the building? Damn!” Okuda took out his intercom. ”We have an intruder! I repeat, we have an intruder! Find and catch him!”

The main guard and the technician entered the building while the event organizer stayed outside. Kobayashi paled visibly and leaned on the door-frame.

If they won’t find the man, his career is over...


* * *
 

Kazuya was shocked realizing that it was one of the rare moments when he actually had chosen a good way. He was exactly where he wanted to be - backstage. He was one step closer to finding one of famous producers who maybe would like to buy his songs.

Kame was closely observing people. The staff were running from one place to another preparing things for the next performance. The boy could easily guess that the main artists would be up on stage in a few minutes. Everyone was excited and nervous; they would meet their idols really soon and every little thing should be perfect.

He eyes stopped looking around when he spotted an elegant man in dark grey suit talking on the phone. Kazuya’s eyes sparkled. It was a really famous twinkle that appeared in his eyes every time he was happy or proud of his achievement. Yue called it ‘the glint’ - she was alerted whenever she saw it because what Kazuya thought was a joyful event, it wasn’t the same for her. There were times when he enjoyed being smeared with barbeque sauce and the poor girl had to clean him up since the boy was daydreaming way too much to even realize what state he was in.

Not wasting any more time, Kame started walking towards the man, waving to catch his attention. He opened his mouth to say something when an angry shout reached his ears. He turned around and his eyes widened. He turned around on his heels and run away in the direction of a metal ladder that leaded to the higher parts of the stage construction.

“Hey, you! Get back here!”

The man screamed and run after the boy. Another guard quickly followed them. Once Kazuya was at the top of the structure he looked at the stage and the audience. It was a mesmerizing view that made him lose concentration and forget about the two men chasing him. He was a songwriter but he couldn’t deny that the stage, colorful lights, stylish costumes and cheerful scream of the fans, didn’t attract him. Deep in his heart he knew he wanted to perform his own songs himself but he aware of the fact that he might unintentionally hurt someone during the show. It was better for now to just write songs and sell them to different artists.

A sound of fast steps brought him back to Earth. He looked to his left and yelled surprised. The men were just a few meters away from him. It was just a matter of time before they catch him and he will end up at the police station again and he wasn’t sure if he wanted Yue to know about his ‘break-in’ into the building. Without thinking he rushed to the ladder on the other side of the construction. Unfortunately, his backpack got tangled up in one of lines connected to the curtain. He ripped away his property, not looking at the damage he left behind.


* * *
 

Jin stood outside the backdoor with a lighted cigarette in his hand. He brought it to his mouth and breath in the smoke to exhale it seconds later. He needed a little break from his friends. Yamapi was a good guy but awfully clingy, especially today. It made Jin realize how much he neglected the younger boy. They both were working hard to get his bands on top of music charts in the country and somehow along the way they stopped hanging out as much as before their debuts. It wasn’t that bad actually. They finally could extend their worlds and find new friends. They’ve been more experienced now. They still were seeing each other quite often, at least once a week, but rehearsals and upcoming single made it impossible to meet up last couple of weeks.

Jin relaxed. He was a loud man but he liked to calm himself down before going on stage. It’s not that he was nervous, it was the opposite. He was always excited just at the mere thought of performing so before the actual show he needed a few minutes just for himself.

He turned his head towards the door that made a small noise. Mitsui came out through the doorway and walked up to him. Her expression was neutral which was a good sign. She wasn’t angry or annoyed so for once he won’t get scolded.

“Yo.” She said, crossed her arms and leaned her side on the wall.

“Yo. Is it the time?” He asked quietly.

“Almost.” She looked at his right hand. “I hope that cigarettes won’t destroy your voice. It’s the only thing that’s stopping me from kicking you out of the band.” For inexperienced eyes she might seem serious but Akanishi knew she was just teasing him.

“You forgot about my amazing hips that make fangirls drool.” He smirked and rolled his hips to emphasize his words.

“Don’t be so full of yourself.” The girl snorted and a small lopsided smile appeared on her face. “Whatever. Just come back inside in a while.”

She turned around and soon disappeared at the door. The alley was silent again. The boy finished his cigarette a few minutes later and stepped on the still lighted stub. He was about to enter the building when he heard a shriek coming out from around the corner.


* * *


Yue went backstage to check on the rest of AT-TUN. Her anger from yesterday faded completely and she was glad that the guys got the chance to perform on a big stage in front of the five thousand people; it will help them to get used to having concerts in a enormous places like Tokyo Dome or Yokohama Arena. She wanted them to be stars. She would never admit it but she honestly liked their songs and was proud of their work.

Absorbed in her thoughts she barely heard a voice calling her name. When she looked up she saw one of the producers, also one of the judges in the contest. She smiled politely and bowed while the man approached her.

“It’s a pleasure to finally meet you, Mitsui-san. I’m Nakata Haruki, a director of ‘International Sounds Record’. I heard a lot about you and your band.” the man gave her his business card and smiled warmly.

“It’s nice to meet you too. ‘International Sounds Record’ has a really good reputation. My boys would be excited to have a possibility to record at one of your studios.”

“Thank you, we do our best to live up to the expectations of our customers. Lately we bought a few brand new…”

The man was nice and Yue found it enjoyable to listen to him. She didn’t have many occasions to talk with someone from music industry and Nakata knew a lot about recording and advertising. She was chatting with the man being oblivious to a pair of eyes that were watching jealously from afar. Before the said person could interrupt the conversation, Kobayashi-san ran up to the pair.

“Mitsui-san, Nakata-san, I’m sorry for disturbing you.” He bowed deeply.

“It’s okay. Is something wrong?” Yue asked the nervous man.

“Unfortunately, yes. We have an intruder. Guards are trying to catch him but the curtain got slightly damaged already and the table with food got overturned. The floor is sticky and wet. Be careful, please.”

Kobayashi wandered off. Nakata also excused himself wanting to help catching the culprit. Mitsui stayed on her place. It’s not like she didn’t want to help but too much people were already running in circles and being a part of the ruckus wasn’t especially appealing for her. Suddenly one of the lights that was located on the floor next to the entrance to the hall stopped working. She turned to look what caused a breakdown. She only furrowed her eyebrows in suspicion at the sight of someone leaving the lounge in a rush.


* * *


Jin stopped in his track and looked at the end of the alley. The shriek didn’t repeat but the boy could hear fast steps getting nearer with every second. He took a few steps forward wanting to know what’s going on. Now he could hear not only somebody’s steps but also a slight panting. He was about to walked out from the alley when something crashed into him.

The AT-TUN’s leader was lying on the floor with closed eyes. He could feel a slight pain in his back and ; for a while he wasn’t sure what had happened. Something was pinning him to the ground. He opened his eyes when he concluded that it wasn’t something but someone. He was surprised seeing a pair of brown eyes staring at him just a few centimeters away from his face. Then he realized it.

He was kissing a man.

Kame was lying on top of the unknown man with his lips locked with stranger’s. It was just a simple lips on lips action; no movements. They both were petrified and couldn’t do anything besides looking in each other’s eyes. Kazuya wasn’t an especially heavy person so Jin barely noticed the boy’s weight on him.

The situation was surely weird and uncomfortable but none of the two boys tried to change their position. It was like a magic spell that glued them together in a way they couldn’t escape. No thoughts crossed their minds at the moment; no one even blinked, just a soft barely noticeable spike of electricity came through their bodies.

A sudden shout of the guard bring Kame back to Earth. The boy immediately stood up and ran away. Jin still slightly dazed sat up and look at the other boy’s back disappearing around the corner at the other end of the alley. The guard chased after him but Akanishi was positive that the strange boy will be able to escape. He stood up slowly and brush off some dirt. Normally he would start pondering about the mysterious event but he remembered about the performance. Not wasting any more time he made his way towards the backdoor. Holding the door opened he looked once again at the place where the boy vanished but quickly shrugged off the weird feeling and went inside.


* * *

SUNDAY - MORNING


Akanishi woke up at the sound of a breaking vase. He reluctantly put on his night robe bed and came out of his bedroom. If he was still dreaming while getting up from the bed, he was completely awake now. In the middle of his living room stood a masked man. Shocked Jin grabbed the first thing he saw and ran towards the burglar. When he found himself in front of the man he swiped at him with a… sword made of balloon?

The both looked at Jin’s hand stunned but they quickly raised theirs’ eyes and the burglar hit Akanishi with his bag full of expensive objects. The sack was big and heavy so Jin found himself on the floor with a huge headache. Meanwhile, the burglar escaped from the apartment leaving a total mess behind him.


When Jin finally got up from the floor he could see damages done by the unwelcomed guest. The door to his flat was broken, the vase was a history, his favourite guitar lied in bathtub full of water, kitchen and living room looked like tornado underwent there, and his clothes were lying in a huge puddle of orange juice. All the valuable things were gone; the burglar didn’t leave even a single coin.

The shock was so big that Jin had to sit down but when he tried to do it, the chair collapsed under him. Not even trying to grasp what had happened he called for police and a locksmith. They came an hour later. At the end of examining the apartment they didn’t have good information. The door were not only broken but also rotted. The police kicked out Jin from his own property saying that they have to secure a crime scene. Not having anything better to do than leave, he decided to take his most important belongings and go to Yamapi.


* * *


Kame left his bathroom when he change bandages after this week events. He was glad that his injuries were healing properly but he was kind of dejected by his failure the day before. He wasn’t even able to get near someone important; the guards found out him way too fast.

The boy went to his kitchen and prepared breakfast trying to digest what had gone wrong with his plan. When he was done with making food he sat on his couch and started eating. All of a sudden he stopped his hand halfway through bringing chopstick to his mouth and his eyes got wider.

He remembered about the unexpected kiss.

He brought his hand down. The scene played over and over in his mind. He should feel awkward about the whole situation but he wasn’t. The kiss wasn’t that bad; the strangers lips were a little dry but also soft and nice. He couldn’t tell he hadn’t liked it but he didn’t even consider it as a real kiss. Yeah, they had touched, lips to lips but they were way too startled and shocked to understand a weirdness of the moment.

What brought Kame’s attention more were a pair of brown deep eyes. They were as nice as the stranger’s lips. You could easily see warm feelings and slight roughness in them. They maybe weren’t really amazing and somehow Kame would like to stare in them some more, just to see the emotions going through the man.

Yeah, he certainly liked them.

A phone call woke him up from his dazed state. He quickly put away a bowl with rice and went to his bedroom. The phone was lying on the bed. Kazuya was astonished seeing an unknown number on the display.

“Moshi moshi?... Yes, it’s me. …” His mouth hung open and eyes almost came out of his sockets; he couldn’t believe what the other was saying. “Are you serious? You want to employ me? ... Yes, of course I agree on the interview! ... Yes, I will be there. Thank you so much!”

The boy hung up and sat on the bed still shocked. It took a few minutes for him to understand what had happened and when he did a loud squeal could be heard in the whole building. Kame started bouncing around with a huge smile on his face. It was like a dream came true; someone appreciated his work.

When he finally calmed down he started to think how the man had gotten Kazuya’s lyrics in his hands. It didn’t take long for Kame to guess. He looked around for his backpack; he was right, his bag had a big hole so the lyrics had to fly out of it. The rucksack was really important to him so still thinking about an unexpected call, he sewed it. He smiled at his work but then frowned.

He didn’t injure himself. He wasn’t bleeding.

His smile got wider, it was his first time not landing in the hospital. He was truly happy and couldn’t wait to tell Yue about it. The girl was always by his side and worried about him a lot. Kame knew she will call him stupid for sewing a backpack without thinking but he also knew that she will be happy hearing that he was safe and sound.


* * *

SUNDAY - AFTERNOON


Jin and Yamapi met up at a cafe near Pi’s flat. After creating NEWS the boy had earned enough money to start leaving on his own. It wasn’t the biggest place but for him it was perfect to start being independent. No more annoying roommates, no more cleaning after someone and no more disturbing sounds coming out from Ryo’s room.

“Hi, Jin. I was surprised getting a call from you so early. Something happened?” Pi asked and ordered coffee when the waiter approached their table.

“Don’t even ask, Pi. Some guy broke into my flat. I had to call the police and they kicked me out. They didn’t want to lose the proof. I just grabbed my things and called you.”

“You had a burglar in your place?! Wow… Is that your guitar?” Yamapi pointed towards a wet piece of wood.

“Yeah. I don’t know how is it even possible but she was in my bathtub. I have to dry her out. My poor girl~...” He said lightly his precious treasure. “Yamapi, would you mind if I stayed at your place until they stop their investigation?”

“Of course you can stay! You’re my best friend!” He answer quickly and drank his coffee.

“Thank you, Pi. You’re a great friend.”

“You don’t have to thank me. You would do the same for me. Now come on! We have to take care of your girlfriend!”

Pi smirked and patted Jin on his shoulder when they stood up. On the way to the apartment Jin told his savior the whole story about the burglar, a balloon sword and a locksmith. For Akanishi it was a serious matter but the other boy was amused by the relation, especially the part when his friend tried to use a balloon as a weapon.

They arrived at the flat a few minutes later. Yamapi let Jin stay in his guest room and showed him around making sure the older boy will be able to find everything he needs. The younger boy left Jin in his bathroom with the guitar. Akanishi carefully put his treasure in a small chair and grabbed a hair dryer from a cabinet situated above the sink. He put the end of the cable in the outlet and turn it on. At first everything was alright but soon the dryer started making weird noises. Jin dropped it to the bathtub the moment he saw smoke coming out. Unfortunately for him the bathtub was full of his clothes that he had put there earlier to wash them.

Putting out the fire took some time but Pi and Jin weren’t able to save the clothes. Yamapi would probably laugh at it if it happened to someone else but it was Jin! He was the luckiest guy on Earth, it was impossible for him to have such a bad luck.

“First the burglar, now my clothes. It’s not the best day of my life.” Jin said and sat dejected on the couch.

“I’m as surprised as you are. It’s not normal.”

“What do you mean? Everyone has worse days.”

“Yeah, everyone but you. Besides, we have worse days but it’s early afternoon and you lost already a flat, your clothes and almost your guitar. I don’t know anyone who would be as unlucky as you at the moment.”

“Then what should I do, Pi? It’s not like I can magically make it disappear.”

“Well… maybe you had some much luck that your bad day is worse than a normal person’s. Let’s just wait and see what will happen. You have to be careful from now on. Don’t go anywhere without me, it’s better if there’s someone who can help you when something goes wrong.” The boy said and Jin nodded in agreement.


* * *


Kame spent the whole morning cleaning his apartment. After the call he was extremely happy and energetic. His enthusiasm was slowly increasing when he noticed that from the moment he had gotten up to now nothing bad happened; actually, for now everything was going pretty smoothly. Suddenly he heard a doorbell and frantic banging at his door. He was surprised seeing gasping Yue outside.

“Are… you… alright?” The girl asked when she came into a apartment.

“Yes. Why are you panting? Were you running all the way here?”

“Actually… yes. Now…. can you… give me… some water?” She asked and collapsed heavily on the sofa.

“Oh, yeah.” He went to his kitchen to come back with a glass of transparent liquid. “Why were you running?” The girl swallowed a content of the glass in one go before she started talking.

“I was worried… It’s the first time I hadn’t got a call from the police, a hospital or any other public institution. For a while I thought you had died somewhere or something.”

“Haha, no! Everything’s alright. I can’t remember a better day than today.” He said smiling.

“What do you mean?” She furrowed her eyebrows.

“Well… In the morning Nakata Haruki-san called and invited me for a job interview on Wednesday. Then I started to wonder how he got my songs. I realized that my backpack is torn in one place. He probably found one of my sheets when they flied out from my bag... Anyway I was so happy that I didn’t think about what I was doing and I sewed it on my own. Look, I’m not even bleeding!”

Yue was shocked. Kame had good luck; she couldn’t even remember a day without him stumbling over his own feet! It was a huge revelation for her and she didn’t know how to react. She was quite angry with him for not calling her when he finally got noticed by a famous director but she was also proud of him for being able to do something on his own. There was one more question that came to her mind.

“Kame~... Where Nakata-san could find your lyrics?” She looked at him suspiciously.

“Um… You know… He… um… It’s not important, is it? The main point is that he found it and wants to work with me! I’m so happy!”

He said cheerfully and started jumping around like a little kid that got a piece of candy. Yue couldn’t stop a smile from appearing on her face. Even though there was something wrong with kazuya’s story she decided to dismiss it for now and invite Kame for a congratulatory lunch.


* * *

SUNDAY - EVENING
 

Jin’s bad luck continued for the rest of the day. After the clothes incident he and Pi went shopping. On the way Akanishi got attacked by wild cats, splashed with mud, walked into a glass door and almost got hit by a bus. Thankfully Yamapi was with him all this time and prevented him from getting injured.

Soon, Pi became not only his rescuer but also a person who paid for his livelihood. Jin’s bank account got blocked for an unknown reason and the poor guy couldn’t even buy himself anything decent to wear. Other customers and sellers was staring at him weirdly but he couldn’t complain. He looked like a walking disaster, even Pi had a hard time not glancing at his friend covered in dirt and unidentified substances.

Coming back home wasn’t much better. Jin got paranoia and was virtually glued to the walls so nothing could lash out on him from behind. Yamapi understood him a little but he was slightly embarrassed. People were glaring at them all the time and mothers were pulling their children away from them like they would kidnap them and then sell to rich Arabian sultans or something.

At the end of the day both friends were exhausted and dreamed about a hot relaxing bath with bubbles. Well, Yamapi’s dream came true when jin had to content himself with a cold shower. Somewho their bathtub got plugged when came Jin’s turn to sink into water. The only thing that didn’t end as a catastrophe was coming to bed. Thankfully, the bed didn’t collapsed under jin’s weight and the boy could finally rest.


* * *
 

For Kame it was a perfect day. He ate a tasty food and didn’t got food poisoning, bought new clothes that stayed in one piece for a whole day and was able to play with dogs to his heart content without being theirs’ chewing toy. He was really hyper and overly talkative but Yue didn’t try to stop him. The boy worked hard all this time and he needed at least a little happiness in his life; she was truly proud of him.

Mitsui was observing her friend closely. As much as she was pleased that Kazuya might have a stable job soon enough, she was quite uneasy about his sudden change of luck. She knew the boy from the inside to outside and something wasn’t right with him. Yes, he still was a cheerful and energetic person. Yes, he still was simple-minded and didn’t see people’s glances around him. She was asking herself why she feels like something different and it finally it occurred to her.

The boy’s aura was different.

She was stunned. For the first time his aura had positive colors, not only grey and brown. She wanted to know the truth behind this weird encounter and to do it, she needed to fortune tell the oblivious Turtle.

“Kame, you don’t mind if I practice my fortune-telling skills on you?”

“No, go ahead! It’s been a long time since you divined my future.”

He said with a smile and put a tray with snacks on the table in his living room. Yue lied out her cards let Kazuya choose one of them. It was exactly like she had thought. The boy became lucky but she wasn’t sure how long his new-found luck will stay. The ‘Wheel of Fortune’ was too unpredictable...


* * *
 

Monday and Tuesday were the same as Sunday for the two boys. Kame was unexpectedly lucky and Jin had to cope with unstoppable disasters. Yue was surprised that Jin became a new Kamenashi but she didn’t have time to think about it. She started to get interesting in Jin’s misfortune when the said boy damaged a new microphone in their studio on Wednesday. She wasn’t as talented as her grandmother but after a while she realized that Jin’s aura had changed. It was dark, just like Kame’s before a sudden call…

She had to go see Kazuya. There was something he hadn’t tell her and it was her job to find out what it was. She quickly bid goodbyes to AT-TUN and left the studio. Meanwhile T-TUN were interrogating Jin.

“Man, what’s wrong with you? I’ve never seen you so stressed!” Koki exclaimed.

“I don’t know guys. it’s been like this since Sunday morning. I thought it will disappear but it didn’t!” Akanishi shouted desperately at the guys.

“Calm down, Akanishi-kun. Let’s think what might caused all of this.” Nakamaru tried to help the poor boy.

“Yeah, tell us what were you doing the day before Sunday. Maybe you went to some strange bar and some witch casted a spell on you.” Ueda teased Jin but the later just send him a glare.

“No, I wasn’t at some bar. It was the night of our’s performance. It’s not possible that it caused it all.”

“Then maybe you did something wrong? Or met someone weird?”

“No~, I didn’t! I didn’t do anything wrong and I didn’t met…” He stopped and his eyes widened. “Wait. Now that I think about it, there was a guy that ran into me. Our lips touched but he flied away a second later. The guard was chasing after him.”

“You mean you kissed a guy?!” Of course that was Koki’s first reaction but he quickly got slapped on the head by Ueda.

“That was probably the guy that broke into the building. but how a simple kiss could make such a mess?”

“I don’t know… But if I got my hands on that guy, he’s dead!”


* * *
 

“Kame, tell me what really happened with your backpack.”

Mitsui was standing in front of the boy that sat hunched on his couch. He knew that she won’t go away until he tells her the truth. He was fidgeting uncomfortably on his place while Yue crossed her arms and furrowed her eyebrows. She was really intimidating.

“Okay, okay! I will tell you! I outsmarted the guard and get inside the place where the Saturday concert was held. The guards found me and chased me away.”

“Are you sure nothing more happened?” She raised an eyebrow thinking that there must be something more to this story.

“Well… I ran into this one guy and we kissed accidentally. But why do you ask?” She slapped her forehead finally understanding what had happened to the both boys.

“It looks like somehow you you bad luck with Akanishi’s good luck. The guy lost his apartment, clothes and got robbed by a burglar.” Kame’s eyes widened.

“Oh, no… What should I do, Yue? I don’t want to be somebody’s else misfortune. He’s not used to my bad luck, he will get killed! Tell me when he lives, quickly! I need to give his luck back to him!” Kazuya panicked but Yue helped him regain his composure.

“Don’t worry, Kame. The guys are at the studio right now. We can go and talked to them.” The boy only nodded and without further thinking they exited the boy’s flat.


* * *
 

Jin was pacing back and forth on the studio. The guys were observing him with mixed feelings. They could understand his anger but walking around wouldn’t help him one bit. Finally ueda couldn’t stand the boy and angrily stood in front of him, ready to beat the hell out of him.

“Stop pacing, Akanishi! It’s annoying!” he said through clench teeth.

“I can’t help it! That guy pissed me off. Just wait! When I meet him again he won’t be able to even sit! I will rip him apart and…” His rant was stopped by Yue clearing .

“Jin, you should calm down. You look like one of those wild cats that attacked you the other day.”

“Ha, ha, really funny.” He growled but tried to relax anyway.

“Jin, there’s someone who want to talk to you.”

Yue went away from the door. For a while guys were staring at it not knowing who the secret person might be. Suddenly the door opened and a boy around their age came inside. AT-TUN were quite surprised by his appearance. The big glasses on his nose weren’t the prettiest but when you looked closely you could see elegantly shaped eyebrows, pale soft skin, slightly curvy silhouette and brown shining eyes. The boy was slightly similar to Ueda. In other words he was pretty. Before the boy could say something a loud yell echoed through the room startling everyone and making Kame’s eyes go wide.

“ YOU!!!”