6th thing: the way you look.

That Thing You Do: TaePyo edition!

Hey guys! I'm so sorry for updating after such a long time >.< I'm studying for finals right now, so that's taking all my time ;____;

Thanks for everyone who keeps reading this, and I hope you will enjoy today's chapter! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A baffling sensation spread across his whole body, sending a cold shiver down his spine and making his heart jump excited but at the same time it felt like a suffocating grip…

… It was all because of that thing.

It was quite curios if you ask Jihoon, the way such an odd feeling twitch inside him till the point he can’t do other thing rather than wonder again and again why he can’t understand what made him feel so confuse and lost.

After that night in Jiho’s room he didn’t have a lot of chances to be alone with his little hyung; schedules were chaotic and Jaehyo have being particularly talkative with him. It’s not that he doesn’t like to spent time with PrinceHyo, but he doesn’t like to be so away from Taeil either.

And it was worst if the ghost of those plump, sweet lips were always tickling his mouth; just like the beautiful memory of that cruel dream his unconscious showed him so vividly how could it sound those three little words dedicated to him in Taeil’s voice was all the time messing with his conscious side.

‘It was just a dream…’

He had repeated that heartbreaking phrase in his mind a millions times by now, and in some moments Jihoon was able to believe it. But there was that other side of him that whispers from the darkness that it sounded so real to be a mare construction of his lovesick mind, drowning him in a despairing doubt.

‘It was just a dream…

…It wasn’t’

There was a bloody battle inside him, giving him awful headaches and endless nights without any good drop of sleep. It was a war, a deadly one, and his poor heart was the one in the middle; suffering the slow pass of time without Taeil and the constant bombing of stubborn words.

And if to all that you add the curiously baffling feeling that thing causes on Jihoon, you have as a result the dangerous cocktail which little by little is disarming him.  

  -¡Good morning, Jihoon!- the soft echo of Jaehyo’s nice voice reach his sleepy head slowly, along with the gentle touch of big hands holding him by the waist.

After leaning against the kitchen counter for God’s know how long, his black eyes look up at those brown, bright orbs; finding his hyung’s smile way too excited to be the first hours of a long, heavy Monday.

-Good morning, hyung…- Jihoon mumbled tiredly, trying to smile along with his older friend but in the end his lips just curled up in a fail attempt of sweetness.

Those thick eyebrows frown in front of him in what Jihoon knows as his hyung’s clear expression of concerned.

-¿Is something bothering  you?- and there it was, the Prince’s honest worried question and the Prince’s big eyes staring directly at him.

Damn, he doesn’t have the heart to lie to Jaehyo if he looks at him like that.

-It’s nothing really bad, hyung. I’m fine.- it’s all what he can manage to say as his black, ashamed eyes turn away to hide in some place of the kitchen.

But those hands on his waist travel up, cupping his face in that nice and kind way that pleads him with its only touch to be honest.  And when his nervous gaze meets ones again with that sparkling one, Jihoon feels his entire skin shaking.

-¿Are you sure? You look so stress and tired all the time, maknae.- Jaehyo’s words are careful, yet the afflicted tone on his voice was loud enough to make him realized how serious his hyung was.

There was a moment where Jihoon didn’t know what to answer. His mind was suddenly blank and his eyes couldn’t turn away from those brown ones which seem to be begging in the most heartbreaking way for the true. He couldn’t lie to Jaehyo no matter what… but under any circumstances he could say the true either.

He had reached an impasse, indeed. An awful one, he must add.

-Hyung, don’t worry about it… I’ll be fine… it’s just some little problem.- Jihoon tried to make it sound less important, as his hands softly place themselves above his hyung’s warm ones.

There’s a small stab of guilt in his heart as Jaehyo sighs and nods softly. After all this time, after all the problems they had, as a band and personally, Jihoon knows his hyung couldn’t push him to talk about something if he didn’t want to.

It’s not that he want to take advantage of Jaehyo’s kind heart, it’s just that Jaehyo could never understand it.

¿Who in this World could it?

It was still hard to believe even for him…

-Okay, Jihoonnie; I won’t push you. ¿But can you promise me something?- Jaehyo voice was soft but serious yet there was something hiding in those brown eyes Jihoon couldn’t really describe.

-Anything, hyung…- the answers slid off his lips before he could even analyze the terrible consequences it could most likely bring; but the guilt on his heart was already haunting him.

-Promise me you will tell me, maknae. Whatever it is, you know I could help you. You know I couldn’t hate you ¿right?- Jaehyo says, low and careful, as his secret eyes didn’t move away from his.

Uh, it was odd. From Jaehyo’s words, to Jaehyo’s glance; passing from that tone of voice and ending in those thumbs brushing his cheeks so slow and kindly.

It was too strange, too out-of-place for Jihoon like…

…Everything screams that there’s something Jaehyo knows.

¿But what can possibly Jaehyo know…?

“Great, you are getting delusional” Jihoon thinks as a calm, yet sweet smile curves this time on his pink lips. –I promise, hyung.- he answers with sincerity, watching how Jaehyo smiles back at him and now all feels like it should.

¿Who knows? Maybe someday he could get the courage to yell to the entire Galaxy that he is in love with Lee Taeil…

…Not that it could happened any century soon, obviously.

-Thank you, maknae.- at the warm feeling of a whisper caressing his ear his whole body and mind was able to realize the tight hug Jaehyo was giving him at the moment.

-Uh, it’s okay hyung… there’s nothing to thank.- he mumbles somewhat nervous, not knowing where to place his hands as the older boy hugs him tighter.

It’s not that he is not used to be hug by Jaehyo, he even enjoys how warm he hyung is, but there’s still that something which makes everything so odd and weird once again… ¿What is it? 

His small hand finally find a comfy place on top of the older boy’s  back, giving it soft pats as the thought of how long this hug is taking cross Jihoon’s wondering mind. Footsteps echoes softly in the kitchen then, and the grip around his body gets tighter as Jaehyo has never hugged him.

And there were that thing again.

That thing making him shiver in uneasiness and uncertainty, making him wonder what did he do to deserve such thing

…To deserve Taeil’s eyes glaring at him.

-Good morning…- Taeil’s low voice hung in the air, and amazingly Jaehyo’s arms slowly moved away from his body.

-¡Hey, Taeil! Good morning.- Jaehyo turn around, kindly greeting their bandmate as all the mornings.

But there’s still something estrange… and now it feels even estranger with Taeil here.

-¿Did I interrupt something…?- his little hyung wonder, with a darken tone on his voice as his tiny eyes place on the Prince’s brown ones.

And from where he is standing Jihoon can see a smirk forming on the Prince’s lips. –Of course not, Taeil.- and there also were a darken tone on his voice too.

It was indeed odd… it was too odd… and he didn’t understand anything.

¿Why did Jaehyo acted so unlike of him? ¿Why is this rare aura around them? ¿Are them hiding something from him? If they are, ¿why? ¿what is it?

 ¿And why does Taeil keep glaring at him like that? Like if he wants to say something… something important.

Hell, ¿can this gets any better?

-Maknae snap out of it.- Taeil’s soft voice hits him hard, bringing him out of his thoughts and connecting their gazes in that tiny distant which separates them.

-¿W-where is Jaehyo…?- is all what his surprise brain can process to ask as Taeil’s addictive aroma fills his lungs and soul.

He sees how those small eyes roll somewhat annoyed, act particularly curios if you ask Jihoon.

-Your favorite hyung has a schedule with the rest of the members; they have just leaved.- the singer comment with a rare tone of voice to refer to Jaehyo, calmly walking to the fridge to pour some orange juice in a glass.

Feeling so surprise and confuse there are not much things he can say. –Oh, well… I will go to… shower…- he mumbles, not really knowing what the hell to do.

Two short steps was all what his feet walked, before a warm hand closed around his arm quickly pulling him back till his hit the kitchen’s counter and sweet, plump lips smashed against his own in a sloppy, sensual kiss.

Tongues ily brush against each other inside the vocalist hot mouth, as Jihoon’s hands perfectly fit around Taeil’s waist and his playful teeth nibble tantalizingly on the elder’s bottom lip, earning another cute whimper from his tiny hyung.  

-Wow, it has been a while since you did that.- Jihoon breathes out, watching in delight how the older boy leans closer for another kiss.

-You were around with your favorite hyung all this time…- Taeil whispers against his lips; before giving him a slow and deep kiss which melt him.

But there were still that something in Taeil’s voice… killing him with concern.

-Taeillie…- he pulls away against his will, looking straight into those tiny bright eyes. -¿Is something wrong?- he needs to know, this morning was too odd for him to keep on thinking without having an answer.

But his little bandmate sighs slowly and frowns confuse. -¿What could be wrong?- he wonder, like if all was just Jihoon’s imagination.

“I guess I’m delusional after all.” he thinks a little bit amused, brushing off all that estrange situation from moments ago as his mouth gets closer with Taeil’s plump one.

-I was just wondering. You didn’t ask me ‘why’ today.- he mocks in a low, seductive tone; watching those small black orbs shining brightly.

There is still something in them… something Jihoon can’t really say what it is.

-Because of that thing I do, ¿right?- but Taeil’s playful words surprised him, making his eyes go wide open.

-¿You know…?- Jihoon wonders carefully, hearing the loud beating of his heart in every single part of his mind.

But when curios words were hanging in his ears said in a serious tone of voice mix with a little bit of sensual twinkle Jihoon knows there’s definitely some missing puzzle on this game he is playing with Taeil. 

-¿Do you know, Jihoon?-