First Meeting

I Shouldn't Have Loved You Too Much

Baekhyun entered the room but was expecting of a woman on her late twenties. A little surprised, he found a girl in a school uniform standing on the edge of the table holding some papers on her arm. He studied her face for a while and a headache hit.

“Do you need something?” Yoobi broke off the awkward look.

“I think I am sick,” Baekhyun stepped inside walking towards the bed which Yoobi just organized earlier. “And I need a letter for me to get excuse from my class.” he continued.

The boy lay down in the bed and made sure to put on his earphones before closing his eyes. Feeling a little hot, he took off his hood and crossed his arms above his chest. Yoobi was looking at every step he did. Irritated by the action, Yoobi put down the papers she was holding and approached the bed with a straight face.

“Excuse me?” Yoobi snapped but still in a polite tone but the boy didn’t move a little. Getting annoyed, she pulled out his earphones from his ears and threw it on his chest. “So there’s this sickness called I-don’t-feel-like-attending-the-class huh?”

Baekhyun slowly opened his eyes and got up from the bed. Turning to the nagging girl, he looked intently into her eyes. Yoobi took a step back. The environment suddenly turned cold despite the flaming eyes that met hers. Oh my God what did I just said? Thoughts wander on her mind and yes she knew the boy in front of her was Byun Baekhyun. She had heard many things about him, negative things to be exact and she regretted her actions a little.

Baekhyun stood up towering her, “What did you say?”

Yoobi took another step back when Baekhyun kept forwarding on to her. “This, this is not a sleeping place, s-so..” she was stuttering.

“Do you think nurses should be a little more comforting to their patients?” he said without getting his sight on her. Then he smirked and continued, “But I like your way.”

“What?” Yoobi’s back touched the wall. She trembled into the next action when Baekhyun leaned a little closer into her and whispered, “I don’t really feel well so I won’t waste my time here. Next time be good.” He smiled at her and walked towards the door leaving.

Yoobi was left puzzled leaning her back on the wall. What was that? She blinked a few times and shook her head. She knew Byun Baekhyun for sure, all students in the campus knew him since his family owned shares in the school. And not only that, Baekhyun is good looking, she admits it and it pisses her off. He’s a damn rich guy, a popular soccer player although she wanted to change the label as a girl player, and he’s the campus crush- for some reason she didn’t understand why. There are a lot of good-looking guys in the campus, but yet in Baekhyun’s case it’s like a full package. She got out from her thoughts and went back to her work.

 

The following day everything went normal, but Baekhyun still thought of the girl she had encountered yesterday. He hasn’t met her before and she always crooses his mind since the encounter. She had that charm and innocence that would be something worth his entertainment.

During their lunch in the cafeteria, Baekhyun caught a glimpse of her in the other table across.

“Who’s that girl?” Baekhyun suddenly spoke up in the middle of their lunch without taking away his eyes on the girl she was talking about.

Kai with the food still on his mouth looked at the direction of his eyes and turned back to him, “Who? Lee Yoobi?” he said after swallowing his food down.

Baekhyun turned his head to face Kai, “Lee Yoobi?”

“If you’re talking about that girl on a ponytail then yes. She’s like one of the top students here.” Kai answered him while chewing his food.

“What’s she doing in the clinic?” Baekhyun responded another question.

“Isn’t she working there?” Chanyeol talked mumbling with the food on his mouth.

Baekhyun glued his eyes on their table, particularly on Yoobi who was busy chatting and laughing with her friends. Kai feeling suspicious threw him a question, “Why? Don’t tell us you have interest with her?” Chanyeol and Sehun paid attention upon hearing the question waiting for Baekhyun’s reply. But when the other one didn’t answer, Kai retreated from asking not wanting his friend to walked out again like what had happened the other day.

“You sure want innocent ones huh.” Chanyeol concluded.

Baekhyun went silent. Why didn’t I notice her before? He asked himself. He admitted Yoobi is beautiful, it’s different from other girls who wore make up and skirts and he can’t figure it why. She looked so innocent, she smiled so brightly and the sound of her laugh is so delicate. The last time he saw her, there’s something in her eyes that’s calling attention- wait, Baekhyun shook his head. Why is he thinking about her? He didn’t bother himself on the thought and continued eating.

 

Baekhyun ignored it but every time he walked along the hallway he would always catch a glimpse of that girl, or maybe just some other student, or a look alike, or maybe he don’t know! When he eats in the cafeteria, his eyes always find its way to take a glance to the table Yoobi and her friends usually occupy. Is he crazy? Baekhyun didn’t understand. He felt different towards her.

It took him until weekend to think what exactly the girl was doing to him and in one second while lying on his bed staring at the white ceiling, he finally made his decision. Like he normally does to other girls, there’s no way of saying no to Baekhyun. He was confident to the fact that he would always end up getting what he wants, and that girl, Lee Yoobi, is not an exception.

 

On a Monday morning, he went to the usual place he thought Yoobi would be in. Entering the clinic without even knocking, he found what he wanted in there. And luck is in his side, she was alone in the room again. Baekhyun hid the excitement and fixed his eyes on her.

Yoobi turned to her side and made an eye contact to him. A little surprised from the sight, she cleared he throat and looked at him straight, “Do you need something?” she asked trying not to bother herself from meeting him again.

“Yeah.” Baekhyun answered while taking steps towards her direction.

“What do you need?”

“You.”

Yoobi didn’t move for a second. She just stayed in her place trying to maintain her balance. Had she heard it right? She diverted her eyes and walked passed him. Baekhyun’s eyes followed her turning his body one hundred eighty degrees so he is still standing facing her direction. Yoobi turned her back to face the boy again.

“You need what? I can get it for you.” she asked again as though she had heard it wrong first.

Baekhyun smirked. “I said you.”

When she heard it again, Yoobi took a breath, “I don’t have all the time here, Byun Baekhyun.”

“Oh you know me?” Baekhyun said in surprise.

“Of course I do. All students here know who you are.” she said. She hated the feeling that the guy sounds so arrogant.

“Oh yeah,” Baekhyun nodded in satisfaction, “So..?”

“So? If you don’t need anything in here, you may leave now. I still have works to do.” she walked towards the table.

“I can wait here,” Baekhyun took a seat in one of the chairs inside the room, “You may not have all the time to accommodate me, but I have all the time to wait for you here.” and he smiled at her.

It annoyed Yoobi more. He was getting into her nerves. She looked at the guy one more time and sent out a sigh while gritting her teeth. She grabbed her bag rested on the couch and walked out the room. Baekhyun with the speed of a lightning stood up from his chair to catch up from her.

Walking along the hallway, Baekhyun followed her. Noticing the action, she turned to her back. “Seriously what do you want?”

“I already told you. You.”  Baekhyun emphasized his last word even pointing a finger to her.

“Are you playing prank on me?” anger is out from her eyes.

“No.” he said immediately.

“Then stop following me.”

Yoobi turned her heels and walked ignoring the guy behind her. When she noticed Baekhyun wasn’t following her anymore, she let out a relief. She sat in one of the benches along the pathway in the campus under a tree. She put her things beside her and pulled out her phone dialing Somin’s number, only to find out they already left the school. Feeling down, Yoobi stood up from her seat and started walking into the gateway alone.

She was walking on the street and waited on the bus stop for another transportation going home. But instead, a car parked in front of her. Rolling down the window, Baekhyun popped out, “Hey, I’ll take you home!”

Yoobi didn’t pay attention and looked away from the sight that annoyed her in the first place. Turning to her right, she found the bus coming. And without a word to the guy offering a ride, she stood up and immediately stepped inside the bus. She took a seat and heaved out a satisfying breathe.

Who does he think he was? Playing around with girls huh? Psh!  Yoobi said loudly in her mind.

 

The following days, she thought that was all of it until Baekhyun appeared on the scene, again.

 

 

Author’s note:

My second chapter is here. Don’t forget to give me comments okay? ^^ Enjoy~