Final

Twisted

 

As I stare deep into his eyes, I recall our past, the way we met and what brought us here.

 

I met him back when I was sixteen.

 

We were both y, free and single. Both of us were popular but for different reasons. I was the rebel, the one always getting in trouble with the teachers, while he was the angel, the one with the best behavior and grades.

 

Our meeting was somehow unexpected. I was forced to look for a tutor since I was failing most of my classes and he was the one I randomly chose. The next day, we met for the first time at the school's library.

 

At first things had been complicated. I'm not going to lie, even if I wanted to do good in school, I couldn't. School was just simply not my thing. Still, he didn't give up on me. Day after day, we kept on meeting for school purposes and like that, little by little, something special began to flourish between us.

 

 

*flashback*

 

"Aish! I really can't do this! It's too hard," I exclaimed, pushing the books away from me.

 

"Relax," he patted my arm before continuing, "you CAN do it. You did fine with yesterday's exercises, I don't see why today would be different or...is something bothering you?"

 

"What? No! What could be possibly bothering me?" I asked, looking away from his concerned eyes. If he knew...

 

"Actually, you've been acting weird for the last couple of weeks. Are you sure nothing is wrong? You know you can trust me." He insisted once again.

 

Should I tell him or not? I don't want him to feel awkward or for him to stay away from me. But at the same time maybe this is what I need to do so my heart and mind will finally be at peace.

 

After thinking it through, I decided to tell him since I knew it would make me feel better and who knows, he might even feel the same way.

 

I turned to face him and took his hand. 

 

"Leeteuk-ah, I-I really like you. No, to say that I like you doesn't even begin to cover my feelings for you. I've fallen in love with you. I know maybe it's too sudden but ever since you started to tutor me some months ago, I couldn't help but to fall a little bit more for you every day and—"

 

He pulled me close and shut me up with a kiss. The first kiss of many to come.

 

"Kangin, I love you too."

 

It was that day, four months after meeting him daily for tutoring, that I poured out my heart at the school library and he confessed to feel the same way.

 

*end of flashback*

 

 

I looked away from him and tried to pull my arm free from the wall it was chained to once again, but it was of no use.

 

"Oh, Kangin, doing that is going to get you nowhere. Haven't I said it many times already?" He asked, walking up to me and holding my chin tightly before giving me a soft kiss. "I'm doing this for us, my love. You know you'll always be the only one that I will truly love and I want us to be together forever."

 

At the beginning, he had been exactly the kind of person everyone said he was. He was kind, polite, respectful and many other things. He was the perfect being.

 

What had brought us here? His jealousy? His insecurity? I never thought he'd go this far. Still, I should have known from the start. 

 

 

*flashback: 6 months after we started dating*

 

"Woonie, why is that girl looking at you? Do you know her?" 

 

I turned around and looked at the girl Leeteuk was referring too before turning back to him. "I've never seen her before." I answered honestly.

 

"Are you sure? She looks like she's waiting for you." He said back coldly and crossed his arms.

 

"Aww is my beautiful angel jealous?" I cooed as I tried to take his hand. "You look so cute being jealous."

 

"I am not jealous! I just want to know if you're seeing her behind my back." he said, looking away from me.

 

"What?!" I exclaimed, almost spitting out the soda in my mouth. "Why would I be seeing her behind your back when I have most perfect person right next to me? I love you, Teukie, never doubt it."

 

I made him look at me by holding his chin and the leaned in to kiss him passionately. Screw people and their opinions on gay couples and PDA, Leeteuk is more important.

 

I pulled away and smiled at him. He hesitated for a few seconds before smiling back at me.

 

"You're right, I'm sorry. It's just that I'm afraid of losing someone as great as you. If I lost you, I don't even know what I would be capable of doing." He said, clinging onto my arm.

 

"Shhh, it's ok, that's never going to happen so don't say those things." I chuckled, thinking it was cute of him to think that he could ever lose me when it should be me the one being afraid of losing him.

 

*end of flashback*

 

 

I saw him take out a knife. He walked towards me and caressed my face with it. 

 

"It's for the best, Woonie. Don't be scared, this way we can be together forever and no one will ever come between us again." He said calmly, as if he was not preparing himself to take our lives. 

 

After being together for two years, he had changed lot. He change from the sweet guy I fell in love with to the possessive man who I became afraid of. It was this at the end what led me to break up with him.

 

At first he tried stopping me from breaking up with him. When that didn't work, he began to threaten me that he would take his life if I didn't go back to him. Thankfully, he never did it, and for some time, he stopped the threats.

 

It was only three weeks ago that I met Sungmin, someone new who I thought I might have a future with.

 

That's when all hell broke loose.

 

To say that he threatened me like the last time is not enough. He began threatening me about not only taking away his life, but also mine and Sungmin's. We both received letters, videos and phone calls. That until he acted on the threats.

 

The last thing I remember is being on my way home after a date with Sungmin. I had stolen his first kiss as we both stood on his front door steps.

 

I was filled with excitement and giddiness. I had finally found someone new who it seemed I could have a bright future with. Then suddenly everything turned black.

 

I'm guessing Leeteuk hit me with something because I feel a great pain on the back of my head, and if I'm not mistaken, I can also feel the stickiness of dried and fresh blood.

 

"Please, Teukie, let me go. This is not the right way to fix things!" I whispered, pleading and trying to convince him that he shouldn't do this.

 

On the first page of our story, the future seemed so bright. Then this thing turned out so evil. I don't know why I'm still surprised. 

 

I don't know exactly when things went wrong, but still, if I hadn't been a love-struck fool, I would've notice how things changed and how everything became twisted. An innocent relationship that began with cute jealousy was going to end as murder?

 

Assessing the situation, all I could hope for was for Sungmin's safety and for this to end fast.

 

I guess it's true when people say you shouldn't judge a book by its' cover. Everyone had been so wrong about him, including myself.

 

"Leeteuk, you can't do this, it isn't right." I tried again, still hoping he would let me go. "I don't love you anymore, Teukie, I'm sorry."

 

"This the only way, my love." He said, pecking my lips once again before moving the knife to rest on my neck, ready to take my life away. "You do love me, you're just confused, but don't worry, I know your true feelings."

 

He once again pecked my lips and whispered, "Please wait for me."

 

"Leeteuk! N—"

 

It was then that he sliced my neck, cutting off my blood flow and my life.

 

 

 

A/N: I don't even know. Please ignore all typos and leave me some comments to know your constructive thoughts. :)

 

Thanks for reading! Love you<3

 

 

 

September 22, 2014