Chapter Three

Becoming Closer

I think to myself in panic while Jackson continues to wait for my answer. Then a thought comes to mind that makes me feel like I’ve solved our problem.

“Why doesn’t Suzy take care of you?! You guys are together.” I said with speed.

“Suzy won’t be here. She has to go on tour starting tomorrow”.

“Oh...” I then come to a realization. “I’m the last resort.”

He gives a long sigh and nods.

“What about the maids or we can get you a caretaker?”

He rolls his eyes at me. “No, you are the last resort. And I’d much rather have Suzy take care of me”.

“Alright, I got it. All you had to do was say no.”

He stays silent and continues to give me a glare.

There’s no other choice in this situation I guess. I agree to help him and he seems satisfied and relieved. We discuss what Dr. Kang’s recommended schedule for Jackson and come to agreements like he’s allowed to call me whenever he needs my assistance, and I can come into his room as long as I knock. Which I didn’t understand because that’s what I’ve been doing since the beginning of time.

I get up from the chair next to him but before I get to the door, Jackson stops me in my tracks.

“Wait,”

I turn around confused. “Yeesss?”

He clears his throat as if he’s shy or nervous. “I need your phone number.”

“Oh right...”

We exchange our numbers and I continue my way out. Can you believe it? We’ve lived together and we don’t have each other’s numbers. That’s kind of sad. That’s how much we don’t communicate. I’ve never realized it until now. It’s abnormal but what isn’t about our situation. We’re only bound by an agreement by our parents to help further their businesses. We just happened to be caught in the middle.

The next morning I’m disturbed in the middle of my sleep. I search for the ringing sound that’s coming from my night stand.

“Hello?” I answer with a groggy voice.

“You’re still asleep?”

“Who is this?”

“Jackson.”

I forgot we had each other’s numbers. “Oh, right. Uhm, what do you need?” I ask as I curl up into my bed.

“Can you help me get ready?”

I look at the time on my phone. 7:30. “It’s seven thirty in the morning and you want to get ready now?”

“Yes.”

“Do you wake up at this time every day?”

“Yes.”

What the heck. This man is crazy. What kind of robot wakes up at seven thirty in the morning? “I guess. Just give me a minute. I got to wake up myself.”

He groans, “Fine, just don’t take forever.”

“Okay, Master. Jeez.” I hang up and lay in bed for a few more minutes.

I decide to just walk into his room with my pajamas. It’s too much work for me to actually change. I walk to his room next door and knock. “It’s Amy.”

He tells me to come in. I open the door and he’s sitting up on his laptop. He looks over at me and it catches me off guard for a moment. He looks nice in the morning. He actually looks like a human being. A nice, normal husband....that sleeps in a separate bed than his wife.

“Are you going to help me?”

Jackson question snaps me out of my thoughts. What was I thinking?

“Oh, yeah. Sorry, I got distracted...”

I walk over to him and help him into the wheelchair. I bring him to his bathroom and hand him his utensils for his morning routine. I watch him intently, almost interested in his actions. It’s kind of weird that I am and yet I can’t stop.

“Can you tell Mrs. Kim to bring me breakfast?”

“Uhm, okay. Anything in particular?”

“My usual.”

“Okay, I’ll go do that.”

I leave his room and do what I’m told. What’s his usual? I know nothing of this man. All I do is ask if he wants to eat. This interacting with one another is going to be interesting.

I watch Mrs. Kim prepare Jackson’s breakfast. As I’m watching, she looks over at me and smiles. She asks if I want to help, I shake my head. It looks like Jackson likes his food to taste and be prepared in a certain way. When she finishes, I put the food on a tray and bring it up to him. I kick the door lightly with my foot as if I was knocking. He opens the door and I walk in. I then set the plate and juice on his desk. I put the tray aside and ask if he needs anything else. I leave him to eat and find myself some breakfast.

After I finish up my breakfast, I go up to Jackson’s room to see if he’s finished eating.

“Are you done?” I ask.

“Yeah, you can take my dishes.”

I nod and proceed to grab them. As I do, Jackson grasps my attention by clearing his throat. I turn to face him to see what he needs.

“Do you need something else?” I ask in a tone.

“I need you to go into the office with me today.”

“For what reason?”

“I have documents to sign and meetings to attend to today. So I need your assistance with getting to them.”

“Okay sure. What time do you want to leave?”

“Ten o’clock.”

I check the time. 9:45. Alright I got fifteen minutes to get ready. Let’s see how fast I can get ready. “Okay, uhm, just let me get the dishes to the kitchen first.”

He nods and continues to do his work on his laptop.

I quickly take the tray of dishes to the kitchen. I tell the maids that I’m sorry I can’t help them.

“It’s alright Miss, go ahead. You are already kind enough to help us every day.”

I nod and run back upstairs to get ready for the day.

 


 

 

Hello readers!

Damn, I know it's been a long time coming. And for that, I am sorry. I hope you guys aren't upset.

I will try to update more often so that you guys aren't always waiting like 6 months for an update lmfaoo. 

I explained more on my blog. I never write in the blog either. Let me know if you guys want updates on the blog or the subscriber feed.

Personally I feel like the blog is easier because you can see it. Or is that only if you're friends with someone?... I don't even know. But let me know your thoguhts! 

But anyways, I'll leave it short since I have some catching up to do on chapters aha....

Enjoy! 

~Sandra ❤️