That One

Substitue Soulmate

There was a carton of milk sitting outside her door again that morning.

Namjoo's early mornings consisted of heading downstairs to check her mail then heading back up to her flat to eat while sorting through bills. But for the past five weeks someone had been leaving a fresh carton of milk outside her door.

She'd still yet to find out who was doing the deed.

For almost two years Namjoo had been living by herself after moving up from Daegu. That city was where her husband was killed - the only man who'd been willing to marry someone unable to conceive. It wasn't the case that she was infertile. An accident from when she was a young teenager had caused injury to her abdomen, affecting her womb lining. Her tissue was scarred and damaged, leaving her unable to give birth even if she tried.

Namjoo had never really thought about getting married or having children then, but as she grew older the fact tended to dawn on her like a growing shadow. There were a few instances she cried by herself. She would never be able to experience motherhood; share with another person the joy of having a child. And no man would want to marry a woman unable to give birth.

Then she met Park Chanyeol in university at one of their club events. From there on they started meeting outside of class and he started inviting her to watch his baseball games, then somehow they became inseparable. When he began talking to her about marriage Namjoo started hesitating. For a few weeks she tried ignoring him until a confrontation made her tell him her truth.

"Just that?" He'd asked. "Do you think I want to marry your uterus?"

Her heart belonged solely to him from then on. Chanyeol was one of the purest forms of what a human being was. He was an amazing person and every day with him was a literal miracle. She felt like a criminal having stolen a happily ever after out of a fairytale. Then one day he was killed and her world blackened. That city, the people; their friends - his friends, all of it that made him who he was, reminded her of him. Every day was a nightmare and her heart too ill from the pain, finally made the decision to move up to the capital.

A new start, a new place where no one knew her was what she needed in order for her heart to mend. So far it seemed to be working. Namjoo was livelier. Instead of spending weekends and nights in, she'd go out for a walk or eat out at a restaurant simply enjoying dates with herself. In this way it felt as if she was regaining herself again - the self before Chanyeol entered her life - the simplicity that belonged to only Kim Namjoo.

On instances she even thought it would work out if she wanted to live like this the rest of her life.

Her attention was averted from the mail when there was a knock at the door. Yookyung, a friend she'd made who also lived on the fourth floor, was standing outside her door.

"Are you ready?" She asked.

They worked in the same business district, but for different personnel. After getting acquainted, Namjoo had been walking with her to work.

"Just let me get my bag," Namjoo said. Rushing back in she grabbed her bag off the table and met with Yookyung outside; the carton of milk from earlier drained of its contents.

"Have you heard about the new tenant?" Yookyung asked as they walked out the front doors.

"Someone moved in?" Namjoo asked clearly surprised by the news.

"He's been here for two months now," she continued.

"Really? I haven't seen him."

"They say he's really handsome, like an actor," Yookyung's eyes widened in interest. "I heard he lives on our floor. Hyein said she saw him walking to the convenience store and seemed wary when she said hi. Maybe he's a loner?"

The corners of Namjoo's lips slightly rose at the remark. "We're all loners here."

"We are not," she rebuked and linked an arm through Namjoo's. "The landlord is handing out a notice today. Should we go and see if he attends the meeting?"

A groan escaped Namjoo, "Those things are boring."

"But I want to see if he goes, it'll be interesting. The ghost on our flat might show up, hmm?" Namjoo felt Yookyung nudge her.

And that evening after her return from work Namjoo found herself sitting in the cold basement in one of those rooms resembling a high school classroom. Numerous chairs were scattered in neat rows and a stray dusk of light was stealing its way in, through the thick bushes outside the window. Yookyung pulled her to sit near the door where, as she said, they might be able to catch sight of this new face.

Familiar faces entered one by one, all of them greeting each other politely. Namjoo didn't see anyone unfamiliar. After a few minutes, she glanced at her watch and regretted coming. That was when voices echoing from the hallway caught her attention. Swiveling around in her seat brought into sight their bald landlord in his modest uniform and someone else a head taller than him. In that instant Namjoo felt her eyes rove up to his face, a knot forming in .

Stark black hair and his childish, yet alluring set of eyes captivated her very attention. Those magnificent cheekbones shaping his face called out to her.

A ball of warmth exploded in her chest, the energy forcing her heart to beat a little faster. This tad bit of excitement recognizable to her, yet of old age within her mind made her nervous. Shifting in her seat with palms settled on her lap, Namjoo stared wide-eyed ahead.

, she silently swore, when he sat down three seats away from her.

There was a positive force of energy flaring off her body, pulling her attention in his direction. Namjoo didn't dare look his way. His striking features made him stand out among the other plain tenants. Little would she have expected herself to react this way. It wasn't plausible, not after Chanyeol. No one excited her like he had, but here she was...sweating because of a profuse attraction she felt.

Throughout the whole meeting Namjoo fought to stare at their landlord, faking attention while her inner bearings called for her to look his way again. Just once, that voice called, look at him once; you need to see his face, remember his god-like features. Abiding to that voice her eyes literally started treading to the corner of her eyes before Yookyung nudged her.

"Do you see him?" She whispered. "He's right next to you!"

As if it couldn't be any more obvious.

Dammit time! Why are you so slow?! Namjoo wanted to bite her tongue, but instead crumpled up the piece of paper passed throughout the room about some kind of construction notice. Once the meeting adjourned Namjoo simply walked out of the room in the most casual manner as possible. She hoped she didn't look nervous or agitated or like she was having a wedgie. Yet, as they neared the elevator part of her desperately wanted to look back and search for him.

There was something about that new face that naturally drew her to him.

"That was boring," Yookyung commented, entering the elevator after her. "What are you going to do after this? If you're doing nothing, should we go out to eat? I'm craving for some fried chicken."

The doors were about to close and Namjoo was in the process of deciding when loud footsteps closed in on them, quickly stepping inside. Surprised, Namjoo literally took a step back in the case that he might collide into her. Without being uncalled for, her heart started ramming crazily inside her chest as if a mad bull was charging at her rib cage.

A mild scent of cologne drifted up her nose as her eyes traced up his shirt to his face.

It was the new face, who'd sat three seats from her. She caught the slight widening of his eyes before he slid to the side, stuttering, "S...s...sorry. I...d..didn't mean to..."

Perplexed, Namjoo's lids fluttered at their blurred images in the silver doors; the back of her head observing their height difference. At once she heard that voice tell her she liked it.

This internal attraction was driving her insane.

"Hello," leaning over, Yookyung waved. "We were just about to grab some stuff and head out to eat. Want to join us?"

Edging her eyes wide, Namjoo turned to stare at Yookyung who only smiled in their direction.

"Tab's on Namjoo, since she's older," Yookyung touched her shoulder in an effort to be persuasive. "How about it?"

And then a few minutes later after a lot of persuading done by Yookyung, obviously, they were seated inside a bright restaurant. Yookyung's fried chicken dish sat in the middle along with a few other appetizers they'd ordered.

"This is delicious!" She exclaimed chewing on a boneless piece. "Have some. Why is it so quiet?"

Awkwardly smiling in order not to hurt her feelings, the guy whose name Namjoo did not know yet, popped one into his mouth.

"It tastes just right, doesn't it?" Yookyung asked in a tone that said she expected to hear "Yes."

Trying to smile, he nodded.

"By the way, we didn't get your name yet," Yookyung began. "I'm Yookyung and this is Namjoo. I heard about you from a friend of mine. You live on the fourth floor, right?"

He nodded in a kind of way which made it look like he wasn't.

"We both live on the fourth floor too."

Namjoo felt her ears burning, but caught the movement of his eyes looking at her before quickly darting away.

What was it? Why look at her like that? Was she blushing? Did he think she looked weird?

Namjoo had never experienced such traumatic anxiety before. With Chanyeol, feelings and play had naturally fallen into place as if there had been an order to it. This was too new and yet, too old for her.

"I know," his voice was but a squeak, which caused Namjoo to look back at him.

He knew...they all lived on the same floor...why was that fact so astounding?

"My name's Kris."

"Ah...Kris," Yookyung repeated. "Nice to meet you. Whenever you're free, lets hang out. You should come out more. Isn't staying inside boring?"

"Well..." he seemed nervous, "not really."

"Then what do you do?" She asked. "Watch o flicks?"

His face became beet red and embarrassed as well, Namjoo turned to her, "Do you really need to ask that?"

Yookyung laughed just like the free spirit she was before her phone rang, "Looks like that-guy-I-have-something-with is calling." She smirked. "I'll be right back." Standing up she started, "Hello? I was wondering when you'd..." before her voice faded into the distance.

As Namjoo sat there in front of him she could feel her face burning red too. Asking about ...really. It was too embarrassing for her to even look him straight on nonetheless try talking to him. For about a minute the soft chatter around them rustled through the warm atmosphere. It was the only noise that accompanied the delirious beating of her heart, climbing up the light steps of excitement. The roar of traffic faded along with voices of the waiters and waitresses around them. Strangely, the light from above seemed to only shine on them.

Namjoo wasn't that great with initiating a conversation. She wasn't a talker like Chanyeol or Yookyung. Under these circumstances where her heart was shriveling in the presence of Kris, she didn't know what to do. It was the first time someone made her feel this way...even before she got to know him.

"C...can I ask you s...something?" His voice, like earlier, was weak and timid.

"Huh?" Shooting her head up abruptly her voice came out louder than expected. Namjoo barely shrank back when their eyes met, "O..oh yea, yea sure. What is it?"

Everything around them disappeared real fast and all she could see was this person whose name she'd only known for three minutes. The thudding of her heart pounded even harder in the depths of her ears.

Was it possible to become deaf because of this?

"D...do you remember me?"

A tremendous amount of question marks popped up all over her head. Forgetting all else, her eyes scanned him for anything of familiarity to her.

There was none.

"Sorry, I don't."

None other than coming here to start over stood on her mind thus far.

It looked like he was going to construct a really long sentence, but all that came out was, "Coffee."

Her brows shot up instantly confused. Slightly leaning forward she found herself staring at him curiously.

"What was that?" Namjoo asked.

As if intimidated he shrank back, drawing his eyes elsewhere. Namjoo felt immediately sorry if she'd made him feel stupid, but she didn't know what he was trying to say.

What about coffee? Was it a keyword?

"I'm back!" Yookyung's loud voice announced her entrance.

Namjoo's immediate attention turned to her friend, but from the corner of her eye she watched Kris sit there quietly; part of her droning over why he hadn't said more.

"Coffee...what about coffee..." Namjoo wondered to herself as she lay in bed later that night.

There was something unexplainable about him that kept her blood rushing. It wasn't because of his external features that defined how handsome he was. No, Namjoo wasn't attracted to his looks. There was a distinctive feeling she got from him that seemed to stab at the core of her heart...in a warm way.

It was similar to the way Chanyeol made her feel special; that their days together were a miracle stolen from some book.

Maybe that was it.

That feeling that she got from Kris was the one that made her feel loved. The fondness she felt from the fact that someone loved her - in the way that she was someone's world, the one that could specially brighten up his day.                          

Yea right, from someone she'd just met? The hell did that make sense?

But that sentimental warmth...Namjoo could feel her heart crying for it.

That carton of milk was sitting in front of her door again the next morning. Peering down the hall in hopes of catching her anonymous giver, showed her no one. Closing the door she walked toward the kitchen table and sat down for her breakfast. Like her typical mornings, Yookyung knocked on her door and they walked out together.

"He's a looker, isn't he?" Yookyung said, a large green bus passing them by. "I bet he's a heartbreaker. People who look like that are usually players."

"Oh...yea..." Namjoo blankly agreed, her mind elsewhere. Perhaps her eyes were grazing over the pure white clouds or wondering how the sky would look like as she shot out of the sphere into space, she couldn't be sure. Anything other than that new face on her mind would do.

"Would you go for him?" The question completely derived Namjoo's attention.

"What?!"

"I said, would you go for him?" Yookyung repeated. "But he seems like the awkward type."

"Maybe he is..." Namjoo mumbled underneath her breath, again pondering over the word 'coffee'.

What the hell was that supposed to mean?

"Don't you want a boyfriend?" Yookyung wondered. "I want one. It's kind of tiring being alone. Same old thing every day. Wake up, go to work, and go back home. I want someone to be with. Don't you?"

Namjoo thought of Chanyeol. For her, everyday had been Chanyeol; the miracle of her life, but when he died her heart was shot to a million pieces. Even now she didn’t think she'd pieced back all pieces of herself yet.

"No," her voice came out depressed and low. "I don't think I need anyone."

She'd loved Chanyeol to bits, to the ends of the earth; higher than the sky. Thanks to him, she'd been able to experience pure love, what it was like to be hurt and reconcile. She'd had dates and had walked the aisle. All the things she was afraid to miss out on, he'd given her. Inside her heart he was still there, offering his hand to hold. He was there in her bed sheets, her pillows; their pictures, but she'd never be able to know how it was to touch him again.

To this day, she still missed his presence; hoping that when she walked in through the door he might be there saying, "Why'd you come up to Seoul without telling me, you awful wife."

Of course, Namjoo knew that couldn't happen. Yet, sometimes, she still dreamt of it.

But since yesterday, for the very first time, all she could think about was the new face and coffee.

 "It's kind of tiring being alone. Same old thing every day. Wake up, go to work, and go back home. I want someone to be with. Don't you?"

And Namjoo could feel it when she woke up that morning; that she wanted to feel loved, have her heart flare up again. That she missed it.

How nice it would be to have someone cuddle her in bed, whisper in her ear that she was perfect and loveable.

How nice that would be...

An emptiness welcomed her the moment she pulled her door open and just looking at how plain her apartment was, without life, washed loneliness over her.

Deep inside her heart, this wasn’t how she wanted to live.

Namjoo stepped in and literally slipped forward. Shocked, she glanced down to see a yellow note beneath her foot and bending down, picked it up.

"Sorry, for being awkward yesterday. I hope I didn’t make you uncomfortable." - Kris

Her mind blanked for a mere second and suddenly smiled.

Why...did she think this little letter was so cute?

Dismissing her earlier depression, she closed the door. Again that next morning, there was a carton of fresh milk awaiting her. It never seemed to get old, this gift, as if someone were trying to tell her "Good morning, I hope you have a good day."

As she sat at the table with her bowl of cereal in front of her she stared at the emptied carton of milk. It seemed to magically make her feel better. Who was this person setting it outside her door every morning? She really wanted to thank this person.

With nothing to do that morning, Namjoo walked out of the building with plans to stop by the convenience store for some refreshments. While walking among the aisle with a basket hanging off her arm she stopped and backtracked. Her eyes weren't playing with her after all. Right in front of her was Kris trying to decide from which type of canned soup he wanted to have for, perhaps, lunch.

Instead of processing the order to her brain her legs immediately started toward him.

"Hi."

Surprised, he quickly turned to look at her. Panic seemed to override his face for a few seconds before he recognized her and immediately shied. A cute spark ignited in his eyes when he tried looking away.

"Oh...hi."                                                                                                                            

Namjoo pulled on a smile, hoping to tell him she wasn't trying to step into his personal space. "Grocery shopping?"

"Kinda..."

Namjoo caught him biting his lip; it making him look wary and uncomfortable. Apologetic for interrupting his shopping Namjoo told, "I should get going. I should go get my stuff too. It's nice seeing you."

She pivoted on her heels ready to walk away, but stopped at his timid, "Wait."

Turning around she expected to hear him to say something, like maybe a full sentence. Instead, he was silent with eyes wavering, bouncing off the shelves to the floor. Namjoo was about to smile and walk away, but her heart escalated at once when he locked eyes with her.

Crap...

"What kind of soup do you like?" His voice was weak, but loud enough for the ears to catch.

Her heart was out of control, but she hoped to look controlled and cool; give him a good impression. As she took two strides toward him she hoped he wouldn't hear her heart knocking up volumes, because she was dying from it. Halting beside him, not too close or too far, she shifted to stare at the variety on the shelf. She really meant to focus attention on the canned soups there, but really, all she could do was measure herself against him.

He was really tall...and attractive.

Holding back a gulp, Namjoo pointed toward a random one she sometimes ate, "This one's pretty good."

"Ah...really."

"Then...then," suddenly embarrassed she found herself stuttering, "I...I'll go now."

Swerving around she crookedly walked away, wondering if her face was burning. Suddenly she forgot what she'd come to the store for and ended up grabbing a variety of things. When she rounded the corner of a shelf toward the cashier she caught Kris standing in line peering around. Their eyes accidentally caught each other's and with a flush of shyness, Namjoo turned away.

What was going on?! Why was she feeling like some school girl in front of her crush?!

These crazy emotions were driving her nuts!

Namjoo timidly joined the line. Thank god, there was a woman standing between them or else she'd burst into a blushing flame.

When Kris set his items onto the counter she heard the cashier comment, "Back again?"

As much as she fought to stare off elsewhere she was also curious about the items he'd bought. Swerving her eyes in his direction without moving her head to make it look like her attention was elsewhere, she caught sight of the canned soup; some bag of chips; soda; and some noodle cups. What most caught her attention, was the carton of milk sitting behind the noodle cups, identical to the ones sitting outside her door every morning.

With senses dropped and brows raised she turned to look at Kris. She hadn't known this store carried that kind of milk. Was it a coincidence?

After paying for her items she slowly trudged back to the apartment, her mind endlessly wondering about that carton of milk and the word 'coffee.' That night while brushing her teeth after a shower she finally thought hard about it.

Why had Kris asked if she remembered him? Had they met on the street somewhere? Passed each other by chance?

Think hard, think hard, she meditated.

When she first moved to Seoul she first acquainted herself with the neighborhood by walking a common route every morning. Then after coming back to wash up and have some cereal for breakfast she'd walk four blocks down for a cup of coffee. For about four months she did that, stopping when she bought herself a coffee machine.

That coffee place had been a nice one, cozy with lots of private seats and even books to read. There was always this polite boy who took her orders. Namjoo couldn't remember his face, but she could surely remember him running after her one cold fall day to give her a warm cup of mocha on the house. Instead, he'd collided into her; the coffee spilling down her shirt. Panicked, he apologized repeatedly and without thinking, brushed her shirt with his hands in an attempt ot dry off the spill, accidentally touching her s in the process. His face had gone mad red and she'd felt sorry for him.

That boy...couldn't possibly be Kris, could it? It couldn’t be...it didn't seem like him. The blurred image in her head didn't match up to Kris' striking appearance.

"Ow!" She screamed when she brushed her gums too hard.

Before that carton of milk might arrive on her doorstep she woke up at dawn and headed out. She always woke up routinely at a set time for breakfast, but today of all days, she wanted to catch that person in action. Even though part of her knew it might not be, she still hoped it could be Kris leaving her that carton of milk. The image of the it on the counter yesterday never left her mind. She'd even stupidly dreamt of it.

If she was right, and she hoped she was, he stopped by every morning to get one before heading back to the apartment. For about an hour she paced around the store, hoping she didn’t look suspicious. And finally after a long wait, she saw him. Thanks to his height, it gave him away the second he walked in. Namjoo caught the top of his head as he moved along the aisles.

Slowly following from the opposite side of each shelf she peered out when he stopped by the cold section where drinks were stored. When he picked up the usual milk, her heart leapt in her chest.

"Don't assume yet," she forced herself to think, but already her heart was thinking ahead.

For the first time in Namjoo's life, she'd become a total stalker. How…embarrassing.

Maintaining a distance she followed him home from behind. The second the doors to the elevator closed she shot up the stairs at the speed of a sprinter, skipping two to three steps at a time with her unbearably short legs. Quietly opening the door to the fourth floor she poked her head out. During the first few silent seconds of the sudden standstill she watched him stroll down the hallway calmly.

The thudding of her heart steadily picked up pace, deafening her ears again. Her eyes widened the exact moment he stopped outside her door and bent down to set the carton of milk down.

Namjoo swore she'd never felt so awed, yet speechless at the very same moment. It almost felt as if she were being proposed to again.

Why...was he doing it? Why only to her? But most of all, how did he know which room was hers?

Striding forward after freezing, she picked the carton up and stared down the hall where his apartment was located.

Why leave nothing behind, but a carton of milk?

Namjoo was driven by too much curiosity. Who exactly was he? Why was she so attracted to him? Why did he go to the extent to anonymously giving her milk every day?

Like yesterday, before the milk arrived she set out early again, but at a later time. With these questions roaming around in her head, she couldn't possibly be at peace with herself. She wanted answers, not because she felt drawn to him. She just wanted to know why he was doing it.

Instead of stalking him inside the store, she waited outside after confirming he was in. Her entire whole was congested with anxiety. No matter what, she was still going to reap some answers.

Once the doors opened, her breath caught in and she turned to see Kris walk out with the carton of milk in the palm of his hand. Upon catching sight of her they seemed to have a stare off. Like yesterday, Namjoo was still in as much awe with the fact that he was bringing her milk.

Swallowing the words trapped in , she held her hand out. "That's mine, right?" 

Like usual, his eyes seemed to shy away and he stood there robotically, tightly clutching onto the carton as if he would protect it with his life. Her eyes followed the slow movement of his hand when it finally settled into her hand.

Pulling on a soft smile, she said, "Thank you, but why?"

Talking well didn't seem to be written in his genes. Namjoo didn't mind waiting while he readied to answer.

"You like it, don't you?" A hint of certainty sat underneath the quiet tone of his voice. "You always put it in your coffee."

Namjoo unintentionally stared at him for a long time and noticed his eyes slither across the concrete while his cheeks flushed. 

"You used to work at a coffee place, right?" She started.

He nodded and courageously tried lifting his eyes up to look at her, but only managed halfway before shying.

He was really cute for someone so big.

"I remember you now," Namjoo told and watched light flicker in his eyes when he finally looked at her. "You always took my orders and the spilled coffee, was you wasn't it?"

A dumb smile lit her smile when she realized she'd embarrassed him with the memory. He knew he'd brushed her s.

"Thank you for the milk, I appreciate it." Namjoo was sincere about it. She was ready to walk away, but stopped to look his way again. His eyes were still so nervously searching the ground for some hole to hop into. The sight was precious.

With her heart deliriously racing, but unable to just walk away so easily, she told him, "Leave me another note later."

Quickly spinning around she hurried off, her face burning. She couldn't believe she'd just talked to him like that, but she felt proud and it made her feel superbly good. Her entire whole was happy enough to explode into stars.

That afternoon when she returned there was another note under door reading: "Thank you. I hope you had a good day."

It was unbelievable that her heart was fluttering again.

After setting the table for breakfast the next morning Namjoo was prepared to open the door to find that carton of milk waiting for her. Footsteps scurried back when she pushed the door open and raised her head to find Kris standing on the other side.

A moment of peaceful silence molted the air into little yellow butterflies and when he looked directly at her, her heart melted into goo. They were finally holding eye contact and how pretty...his eyes were. Naturally, he held out the carton of milk for her to take. A rough textured piece of paper was stuck to it. Glancing at it revealed to her a movie ticket.

His eyes showed hesitation, but somewhere in them floated a kind of grit that said he had to do this.

"Lets go see a movie together," he suggested.

Like the many other times, their surroundings zoned out while her eyes zeroed in on him.

He pursed his lips and released them, finally admitting, "I like you."

Turning shy, he continued, "I didn’t know you lived here, I really didn't. I didn't follow you or anything. I just saw you one day."

At this, Namjoo smiled; her heart helplessly softening for him. The cute demeanor of his acts really captured her heart.  

"I know it's weird, but it feels like I know you...n..not from the coffee shop, but from before that."

Oh God, Namjoo found herself thinking. Was it really possible that there was another person in this world with the ability to set her heart on fire? Did someone really exist...just for her...another one? Was it plausible to feel wholeheartedly connected to someone before she even knew him? As if he was her soulmate from another time?

Namjoo really wanted to believe that she deserved this, that this was real. That he was as drawn to her internally as she was to him, like some kind of force was pulling them together.

Could she really experience what love was like again?

Part of her wanted to cry tears for being given another chance. This was too good to be true.  

Coming to Seoul for a fresh start hadn't been a wrong decision. Things turned out all right after all. Perhaps, she just needed to be at the right place in order to meet the right person or at the right place at the wrong time or whatever, to realize what her heart wanted.

Pulling on a smile while her insides shrieked in joy, she nodded, "I don't know what that connection is, but lets go watch that movie. I want to get to know you too."

And butterflies erupted around them.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          


***So why did I do this oneshot first? I'm intrigued by the idea of soulmates, I've come to realize. Although it's a cliche thing that not I'm not even sure myself if I totally believe in it, but perhaps I do. Anyway getting on with the topic, the topic of soulmates popped into my head a while ago, from documentaries to other things I've seen or heard about. Then I started thinking, what happens to us when our to-be-husband/wife loses their life before we meet them? Are we alone forever? Does someone else come take that person's spot? By God's decision? Or does it just happen by will of nature? There's no real answer, but it got me curious. 

***In this oneshot (which tbh I completely adore), maybe Namjoo's soulmate was really Kris and not Chanyeol. Or maybe her soulmate was really Chanyeol who dies and Kris comes to replace him, giving that sense that he feels he's known her since who knows when. Or maybe it's both of them /shrugs/ When you think about it, sometimes when you meet a person for the first time, you click right away. Maybe they're from your past or your future lover or really great friend. Well obviously there's no explanation. Ok, I'll stop rambling.

***Notice the "Good Morning" crossover, lol