[1/1]

The Other Side Of The Bridge
Please log in to read the full chapter
Sometimes the only person you need in life was the farthest person you could reach for.. Sometimes that one person was the only breath you could take and the only color you could see.. Nobody deserved to be alone in this world, including Yoon Doojoon and you will not believe his story.

As the only son of the ‘rich’ Yoon family, Doojoon had a hard time to adapt with his family rules and principles. He had a hard time to adjust with his family member especially his grandparents and cousins, his efforts always resulting with big zero. For 29 years, he lived under Yoon family strict rules and principles. When he grew more mature, he started to realize how ridiculous those rules are. Finally, at the age of 30 he decided to run away and move on with his life as an independent individual. He loves his family and he loves his small-but-warm office but he just can’t take it anymore. He wanted to experienced life like normal people should be. He threw away dozens credit card he had and expensive tailor-made suits for casual shirt and jeans. With one bag on his shoulder and one bag on the front basket, he rides his bike to the city and he never look back.

“I’m free!! I’m finally free!!!” He screamed as he rode the bike down the hill to the bridge connected Yoon mansion and the city across the bridge. He step down from the bike and parked it somewhere nearby. With bag on his hand, he run crossed the bridge before his steps were halted. He was just about one-step off the bridge when images flooded to his mind, picturing his family sad face and, suddenly the idea of running away doesn’t sounds good at all. ‘*sigh* Me and my weak mind.. Whom am I kidding? If I’m gone who will be the next-in-line when my father retires..’ With one heavy sigh, he put the bag down and squat down. Somehow he experienced a surreal feeling right now, his mind keep telling him not to do it but his heart tells the opposite. He grabbed his hair, forcing his brain to think which one is the better option.

All of his life, he always faced with several choices from the food he ate, the room he slept at, the soap he used, and many more. His live were made from bricks of choice yet why he had to hesitate when all he needs to do was take one more steps, right? He close his eyes and pull his hair hard, forcing his mind to think which one was better choice. However, those moments were gone when he felt one pair of small hand pulled him off the bridge, face flat on the ground. Urgh.. It hurts.. He massaged his aching nose and sat cross-legged on the ground he just kissed.

“Ahjussi, what are you doing sleeping on the road like that?” Sweet and melodious voice filled his ears and that moment he realized there was someone in front of him, someone smaller than him with honey-brown hair and blue eyes. Wait.. What? He rubbed his eyes repeatedly, trying to get rid anything that make him hallucinating. Never in his life has he seen man with blue eyes, the eyes that see through people heart and in this case, Doojoon’s heart.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

“You looked so troubled, so I make the decision for you. Hehe..” My eyes widen to the size of ball as I look at his movement, jumping from the hard and solid ground to the lamppost near the bridge. As much as his behavior shocked me, but still-it didn’t cover the shock I got when I looked into his eyes. His eyes was so blue, take one look and it you in right away.

“I know it must be hard for you to live in the world of money, wealth, and fame. Therefore, I will not try to sneak in

Please log in to read the full chapter