Love.

Love.

They never touched. Not a single time. Not even for greeting each other. But at the beginning it was different. In kindergarten they shared many toys and they played together full of laughter. In elementary school their relationship got a bit distance, they tried to not touch so often anymore. In middle school they stopped touching each other. In high school there had been many days where they only sat side by side, like they didn't know what to tell each other. But none of them ever thought about the fact that they maybe weren't meant to be friends. It was normal for them, to share time with each other.

 

Seunghyun sighed. The clock already showed 9 pm. He only sat in his chair and waited for the day to pass. It had been six years now when he saw Jiyong the last time before he had moved away. They didn't talked much but the days after Jiyong went away, he became an emotionsless wreck. He had never felt again like sharing days with other people. He only wanted to be with Jiyong, although they didn't talked much. Maybe that was their fault. Maybe that was the cause why Jiyong moved away. Maybe they never were meant to be with each other. Damn no! Seunghyun digged through his hair. They were meant to be with each other. He never wanted to separate and he never wanted other friends. For the millionth time he thought about that. His heart was so empty. He felt so empty. He felt like every possible feeling was blown out of him since Jiyong had left. He needed him. He wanted him back. He didn't know why but he wanted to throw him the whole world to his feet. 

 

His doorbell rang. Who wanted to disturb him at this time? Seunghyun stood up from his chair and shuffled along the floor towards his door. When he reached it he took the key and unlocked the door for looking outside. He smiled when he faced the person in front of him.

"Hello?"

"Umm... Hello..."

"What's with the cardboards?"

"Yeah, I just moved here and I wanted to ask you for help when I don't disturb you or anything."

"Oh yes I like to help you."

"That's pretty nice of you. Thank you."

"No problem.", Seunghyun said and he knew that the new neighbour was a good distraction.

 

Seunghyun lifted the last box and carried it into his new neighbours apartment. He put it on another cardboard. When his neighbour came out of the kitchen in front of Seunghyun, the taller asked "Do you need help with furnishing your room?"

"If you want to help? But only the bed I think the rest I will do tomorrow."

"Yeah It's okay. I will help you."

"Then thank you again.", the man smiled.

 

"Really, thank you very much!", the new neighbour said, when Seunghyun was about to leave.

"It's no problem. When you have any problems, just come to my apartment, I will help you."

"Man, I can't say more than thank you!", the strawberry blonde guy laughed and blushed a bit.

"Just laught. It's making me happy too. Then good night."

 

And before his neighbour could say anything, Seunghyun closed the door behind him smiling and blushing.

 

This was a great evening, he thought and he was really happy that such a cute boy moved in the apartment next to his. He prepared for bed and when he finally finished, the time was showing 1 am.

 

Seunghyun had to hurry. He woke up too late and he hadn't even the time for taking a shower. He rushed out of the apartment and into his car. 

When he arrived at the company, he parked the car and went inside. He was early enough but nevertheless, he hurried to his place. Daesung was waiting already.

"Man why are you so late?"

"Sorry, I overslept..."

"Did you already see the new colleague?"

"No?"

"You haven't ever seen such a cute boy I am sure you didn't!"

 

Daesung showed at a boy who came towards them and Seunghyun breathed loudly when he recognized his neighbour. The boy was facing him with interested eyes and said "Oh you are also working here?"

"What you know him?", Daesung asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, he is my new neighbour."

 

Seunghyun smiled at the boy and he smiled back.

 

"Yesterday I helped him moving in."

 

Daesung smiled when he felt the sudden change of atmosphere and went away. The boy still smiled. 

"By the way, you didn't told me your nam-"

"Oh, I have to go now, sorry to cut you off but it's my first day here. See you!", the boy had interrupted Seunghyun and hurried away. He felt like his new neighbour didn't want to tell him his name. 

 

When he arrived home, it was already 5 pm. He thought about taking a shower, then putting on his pajamas and reading his book while laying on the sofa. But his plan was interrupted when he stood in front of the door of his apartment and heard a loud rumbling noise out of his neighbours apartment. He went to the door and knocked. He knocked again after a few seconds and then he heard somebody coming to open the door. When Seunghyun saw the boy standing there with ruffled hair and dirty clothes, he had to laugh.

"What a nice greeting.", the boy said smiling, leaning at the frame of his door.

"Why did you knock?"

"I heard rumbling noise."

"Oh yeah, I did fail with the cupboard."

"I can help you, if you want."

 

Seunghyun was feeling like he spend time with Jiyong and he wanted to feel more and more of these overwhelming feelings. The boy seemed so familiar to him. So he went inside the apartment and started helping his neighbour with the cupboard. 

 

When they finished, both were content with their work.

"You want to stay here? I will cook for you."

"If it's not a big deal?"

"Noooo, Noooo! Just come and enjoy!"

"Alright."

 

His neighbour cooked a few minutes and when he placed the plate in front of Seunghyun, he smiled. There was a big portion of spaghetti bolognaise. It was delicious and when they finished eating, Seunghyuns neighbour began to speak.

"You want to know my name."

Seunghyun was taken by surprise but his answer was clear.

"Yes."

"So... My name is Kwon Jiyong."

 

Seunghyuns jaw fell onto the table. He was speechless and stared at the other. That's why he is so familiar...? Seunghyun didn’t want to say anything. But he still did.

 

"Don't make fun of me!"

"I don't."

"Prove it."

"I don't know how... But you are going to spend the night here."

"No, I don't think so!"

"Hah."

"What?!"

 

Seunghyun got dizzy when he stood up and before he could say anything, he fell into deep sleep back on the chair.

 

~

 

When Seunghyun woke up, he layed in a bed. He got panicked when he saw the unusual room and sat up. A person sat there on the rim of the bed and smiled at him. Seunghyun faced a photo which his neighbour held in front of him. It showed Seunghyun and Jiyong sitting on a bench. It was a few days before Jiyong had left and Seunghyun remembered his mother taking the picture. He remembered her words back then. "Guys! Please smile and sit close to each other! It's a memory! You don't want to take a look in your photobook later and ask yourself what argument separated you! Besides there wasn't even an argument between you two, right?" Seunghyun smiled. In the picture, they sat close to each other, smiling brightly.

 

"You won’t go away. I know everything about you and you won't leave me now."

 

Jiyong was right. Seunghyun won't leave.

 

He loves this person. And he won't leave him ever again.

 

"You are right...", Seunghyun said.

"I know."

"I missed you so much! Why did you move away?"

"Because of my fathers work. I already was 17 at that time and asked him if I could stay there but he didn't allow. So I had to come with him. I am sorry. For leaving you and for not telling you that I was going to leave..."

"...It's alright... I will forget... I have you back here.", Seunghyun smiled slightly.

"I have missed you since I moved away. I never could forget you and I never was happy around other people..."

"The same for me... I never stopped missing you."

"But I still am unsure.", Jiyong said.

"Yeah... We never touched... You don't know how often I thought about other people who were touching and how they live their friendship."

"I was too shy to touch your body. I was so extremely shy and I didn’t wanted to lose you because of touching you."

"Why should I leave you?"

"I thought you didn't felt anything for me... I was so scared... I had to cry often in the evenings because I longed so much for you...", Jiyong sighed.

"Maybe this is what they call love?", Seunghyuns voice was full of sadness.

"Maybe."

"But when it was love back then, my feelings hadn't changed a bit.", Seunghyuns smile at the strawberry blonde haired turned a bit brighter.

"Then I do love you."

"I never stopped loving you."

 

Jiyong moved closer to Seunghyun and they embraced each other. They sat like that for a long time, looking out of the window. Snowflakes were dancing through the air when they had their first kiss. Their kiss was full of passion and Seunghyun thought, Jiyong could break into pieces when he didn't kiss him gently enough. When they separated, Jiyong smiled and said "I waited so long for this moment to come... Please... Let's never break apart again..."

"I'm here now. And I won't ever leave."

 

"Tell me,", Seunghyun started after a few minutes, "did you know that I live here?"

"Yes. I searched long time until I found you."

"And you asked me on purpose, to help you."

"Yes."

"I'm glad you did."

"Me too."