Time machine

Time machine

He was lost by time machine. The timetravel program didn’t work out like it should have worked.
The man who sold the timemachine to me promised that the timetravelling will workout well.
But it shouldn't have to bring anyone from history. Why didn't the machine stay invisible?

 

“I’m sorry your highness but I can’t promise to you a safe return to your century.”

He looked very angry and kind of sad.

“I see. In that case, you have to teach me the ways of your people.” He forced a smile.

“If that is your wish.” I bowed a little and  scratched back of my head.

 

“At the end of a moment

I have found you, yoo hoo”

00000

Within a month he arrived to my living room by accident he was used to almost everything I told him.

He loved cats, weirdly my cats followed him like dogs. They never showed their love to me.

They were only noisy as hell if I didn’t feed them in the right time.

But there he was patting their heads and playing around them like he would be one of the cats.

They looked a really cute pack.

 

“I only imagined this, my boo, oh yeah”

 

I tried to fix the time machine, it took like 3 more weeks until new parts of the engine arrived. And then still it didn’t work right.

Taemin? if that was his name, told me that he was used to be called “his highness” for his whole life so he didn’t remember his real name?

Is that even possible?

 

His clothes were weird but classy. white turban on his head and harem pants shirt which didn’t cover much of his thin body. one big scarf around his shoulder without falling of. He had couple gold anklets around his ankle. one big golden wrist bracelet and many small tiny ones. Small earrings around the shells of his ears and two big ones on each of his earlopes and each finger had it's own ring.

 

as much as I wished for help, he didn’t help me at all.

Only played around with the most important parts of the timemachine and helped me to lost my tools, like he wanted to sabotage my hard work.

He was taking more of my time than the broken timemachine itself!!

 

I know he’s just 21 years old.. But he feels like 15 years old… i feel so old near him.

You know he doesn’t eat any vegetables and he likes to cuddle when we’re going to sleep..

He says that in his world he got so many girls and boys around himas he wanted before he got to sleep. He was used to cuddle. I wasn’t. And in first 2 weeks i didn’t sleep at all because he was so close, his breath was hitting my neck and his arms and legs lazily around me like i would be like some kind of soft toy…

 

“You say I look like I don’t know women?”


 

With time i used to like his childish act. He was often alone and just playing around with cats.

“Cats tell me secrets, they know a lot about you.” I laughed. “Yea i know right. Where’s my car keys then?” Taemin just looked around and then pointed the corner where was a chair full of my dirty clothes. “Under that chair.”

“you’re joking right?” I said and then i went to look under the chair. And Ta dam! There my car keys were under faint level of dust. I took my keys and turned around to look at one of my cats, this one the most affected to this man who came from past,  cat climbed on taemins lap and purred loudly while it pushed its black head under Taemins chin to get more attention, Taemin was smiling while he rubbed cats back and its head and turned his glare back to me with-i-know-everything-about-you smile.

 

“That I look like a little prince who doesn’t know love?”

 

Naturally his highness loved nature, so many nights when i were working late he would sneak out and wander around the city. I were too tired to care after hours of working with timemachine. Until i almost gave up.

 

"The stars are disappearing

The moonlight hides in the clouds"

 

Taemin looked very pretty while he was sleeping, many nights i was the one to witness that.

He had long eyelashes smooth skin and plump lips. Blonde hair around his face looked like a clouds or fog. Sunlight which hit every morning on his face made his hair glow and sparkle like diamonds his hair was so so soft and long. I was jealous.

I would only get that face with many surgeries.

 

"Everyone is asleep on this street

The only thing that shines is you"


 

Now when time has passed. Almost a year ago when he was here i think how stupid i was.

Why didn’t i take pictures why didn’t i write diary? Why didn’t i let him hold my hand when he just randomly took it between his large warm hands. Why didn’t i hug him back at those long nights when i couldn’t sleep at all because that damn time machine stressed the hell out of me.

Now he’s fading from my memories.  

 

"Oh if I let you go like this

It’ll be the craziest thing in the world"

 

I can’t remember his smile or what he looked like when he was sad, cats remember bc they often play at the same place where they were playing with Taemin. Cats sleep on the same spot on the floor where he slept many times.

Sometimes i’m just laying there and thinking back.


 

He started to look more and more tired cats were around him like 24/7 they never left him. they guarded him from me and  from the world.

 

Walls, he said walls are gace and he needs air.

We went out like we used to. But he didn’t let go of my hand while i tried.

 

He started to lean on me more and walked slower until he just fell down and vanished

Nothing was left behind of him. I don’t know did he return to his own time. I hope he did.

 

"I am a bit different from them

Baby what you want

What you’ve wanted, what you dreamed of"


 

“Did you see the news?”

“News?” I asked from my friend who just came by to give me some home made food.

“In Korea. There’s a guy. idol nowadays. His name is Lee Taemin-.” WHAT?” I shouted almost spilling my water on her. “Gurl calm your !” She said angrily. “No no tell me his name again!”

“Lee Taemin?”

I run to my computer cats running after me like guards and i  googled the name she said.

Nothing.

 

“You lied..” I said really angrily. “Why you’re playing around with his name again!!??” i said almost crying.

“You should let go. You know Kibum really likes you. Why you’re still ignoring him he’s like hundred men together in one body than this one Taemin guy who just…” My friend just wiped air with her hands. “You know...vanished..” i looked at her like i’m ready to kill.

“I know what you mean.” I whispered.

 

"I’ll show you

Love, fights, sad goodbyes"

 

a thought of me and kibum together was weird but in the end i fell in love with him.

Still sometimes while i’m walking in my apartment and  remembering the old times when this man who came from past was playing with my cats.


 

“I wonder will i ever meet him again.” I said to my black cat who was sitting near to my leg. It was unusual. “Hey you okay?” I have never seen before a depressed cat, but this was first time. I kneeled in front of him. “Tell me little one.” I it smooth fur.

 

"Will we have this typical cycle?"

 

Cat looked me into eyes and meowed lightly. “You miss him?” Cat climb on my legs and just laid there without letting me move my legs to better access. “Uummm..mr cat..” I call it until i couldn’t feel my legs at all.

“What?” I stared at the cat. But cat was turned into a man. Blonde haired man with pretty brown eyes. His head was leaning against my thighs. “Did you Miss me?” He asked.

 

"You don’t need to worry about that"

 

I never finished fixing my time machine. It felt wrong to bring people from past.

“I didn’t” I told him. He pouted “Me either you” He answered smiling in the end.

“Then why you’re here?” I wanted to push him away from me.

 

"Block out all the light baby

Trap yourself in me"

 

“You were crying and i don’t like water on my fur you know.”

 

"I am a bit different from them

Baby what you want

What you’ve wanted, what you dreamed of

 

Ace Ace Ace Ace"