Final

Falling.

                The first time Jaebum set his eyes upon the younger male, his heart skipped a beat. The boy smiled beautifully with the side of his eyes crinkled, asking him if he wanted to team up with him. Jaebum’s breath hitched; he could only stare longingly for 5 seconds until he felt the warmth (it was so warm, warmer than a sweater knit by his grandma for Jaebum’s last year’s christmas present) on his hand. The younger male chuckled as he pulled Jaebum somewhere to practice together. That moment, Im Jaebum fell for Park Jinyoung.

*

                The first time their names were mentioned as the winner of the audition, Jaebum’s head went empty. His surrounding became so quiet, it’s unbearable. Suddenly he was pulled into a hug (which was followed by an excited laughter that shook Jaebum’s heart) and the younger male in front of him jumped excitedly Jaebum scared he might break the stage. Jaebum could only smile (his smile was so beautiful—it reached his eyes that turned into two crescent moons) and hugged him back. Jaebum pulled back to see the younger male cried while holding a bouquet of flower, then suddenly the noise of the crowds all came back and surprised Jaebum (and then, he cried too).

*

                The first time the evaluation for trainees happened, Jaebum was so stressed out. He had been practicing his moves every night until it’s very late (but Jinyoung said his moves were already so precise, he needed some rest). Jaebum would skip meals so he could focus on his dance more. His grades dropped tremendously, and it scared his parents how their son was practicing so hard (even though they’re used to him practicing at subway station until it’s closed; but this is different). Jinyoung would have to pull him to sit and press ice on his legs sometimes. Everytime this happened, Jaebum would stare at the younger male as he nagged him like his mother always did. (Jaebum wondered if the reason why he had been practicing so hard was just to get Jinyoung worried for him; and he smiled at the foolish thought).

-

                When the time came, Jaebum was already too tired (he overworked himself—he didn’t listen to Jinyoung). His legs were numb, making him miss some steps. The sunbaes came in a little bit later and commented on his dance. Some were a bit too harsh, that Jaebum finally snapped and almost punched a sunbae had he not been stopped by Wooyoung and Junho. He then ran out of the room, fuming, and locked himself inside one of the stalls. (Jinyoung tiptoed in, and heard Jaebum cried that he ran out of the room crying too).

*

                The first time JYP announced they’re going to debut as a duo—JJ Project, Jaebum’s smile was never brighter. He laughed and jumped and got teary eyed, as Jinyoung watched in awe. Jinyoung was only a few months younger than Jaebum, but he always felt Jaebum was much older and wiser than him it made him feel so little. But when Jinyoung saw the smile adorning Jaebum’s face, and a pair of arms were wrapped around him (he almost couldn’t breathe, but Jinyoung did not want to ruin his hyung’s happiness so he stayed quiet), Park Jinyoung fell for Im Jaebum.

*

                The first time Jinyoung found Jaebum so drunk was a month after debut. He reeked of alcohol so bad (and he was not even of legal age by then) that Jinyoung almost threw up. Jaebum’s face turned so red it’s cute—yet so scary, too. Jinyoung brought him back to their shared room and about to get him a washcloth when suddenly Jaebum pulled him down to bed. He hugged him, tightly, with his head on Jaebum’s chest (he could hear Jaebum’s heartbeat and it was beating so fast it scared him) and Jaebum peppering his head with kisses. Jinyoung was so confused, but at the same time he felt like he’s in the safest place in the world. Jaebum then suddenly whispered I love you, Park Jinyoung, pulling his chin up as he kissed Jinyoung’s lips (Jaebum stole Jinyoung’s first kiss, but he didn’t mind). He cried, cried, and cried, until the sun rose and Jaebum was in deep slumber but Jinyoung was wide awake (it’s not just his eyes that got swollen, but his heart too). He got out of the bed, slowly (he got Jaebum’s arm wrapped around him tightly it’s difficult to move), and not forgetting to leave a kiss on Jaebum’s forehead. I love you too, Jaebum. (Jinyoung then smiled as his heart beat a tad faster, and blush crept onto his white face, but little did he know that the older male smiled, too).