Because Anywhere With You Is Heaven

Anywhere Is Heaven

“Appa look!” Jongin pulled Suho’s hands towards the kindergarten’s bulletin board. Sehun, who was holding Suho’s other hand, stumbled on his father’s foot. His face scrunched up in pain.

“Jongin, don’t pull appa like that,” Suho told his toddler. He picked up Sehun in his hands and rocked the other gently. Sehun’s frowning face turned into a small smile.

“Sorry Sehunnie!” Jongin jumped up to touch Sehun’s hands, in which the latter giggled at. “But appa, look at this!” Jongin pointed to the small notice.

“A talent show?” Suho lifted his eyebrows.

“Yeah! Our school is joining! I’m going to sing!” Jongin said excitedly.

“Oh, so this is a school against school thing?” Jongin nodded.

“Teacher said Jongin has a suit! Jongin is even going to get a bow!” Jongin said excitedly. “Jongin is going to sing and dance and everyone will cheer for Jongin! Jongin’s school will win for sure!” Suho smiled and ruffled his hair.

“I’m sure you will, honey. Now let’s pick up Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo hyung.” Jongin nodded his head and held on his appa’s hand as Suho lead him to the car.

-X-

“Appa appa appa!” Chanyeol ran towards his father as soon as Suho stepped out of the car. Sehun clawed at his baby seat, but Suho refuses to take him out.

“Baekhyunnie hyung!” Sehun chirped from inside. Baekhyun smiled as he climbed on the driver’s seat to pinch Sehun’s cheeks softly on his baby chair that was seated on the passenger’s seat.

“Hi Sehunnie,” Baekhyun said in his eye smile. “Guess what Sehunnie?” Baekhyun said happily. “Hyung got into a talent show!”

“Ra-lent tow?” Sehun tilted his head in confusion. Baekhyun laughed.

“No silly. Talent show.” His eyes sparkled as he told his little brother all about it. Sehun nodded enthusiastically to every word and cheered whenever Baekhyun got a little bit too excited, even when he has no clue on what his brother is talking about.

“Appa,” Kyungsoo smiled as he ran into Suho’s open arms. Suho hugged him as Chanyeol clawed on his back. “Baekhyun hyung got into a talent show.”

“Yeah, me too!” Chanyeol said. Suho nodded his head.

“Very interesting.” Suho smiled. “Now get in the car. It’s almost 7.” Suho gently pushed the other’s in the car. Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo are going to the same kindergarten together, along with Kris’ kids, except for Luhan and Chen. Only Jongin was different. Suho doesn’t know why, but he had always wanted his kids to enroll there. He was planning on enrolling Sehun there too, so Jongin wouldn’t be all alone. He glanced over at the back, where the kids were happily chatting about.

“Chanyeol and Baekhyun are in talent show!” Chanyeol announced to his brother. Jongin’s eyes widened.

“Really?” Baekhyun nodded. “Jongin is in it too!” He gripped Kyungsoo’s squishy arm. “Jongin in the talent show too, Kyunggie hyung!” Kyungsoo laughed as he nodded his head. “Why don’t you enter, Kyunggie hyung?”

“Because I don’t want to,” Kyungsoo said like it was the most obvious thing ever. “It’s okay. Baekhyun and Chanyeol hyung already entered.”

“But it would be more fun if hyung is there!” Jongin said and pouted. Kyungsoo patted the younger’s head.

“Hyung will be there in the crowd. Hyung will cheer for Jongin,” Kyungsoo said with a smile. Jongin’s eyes widened.

“Really?”

“Really.”

“Cheer for Jongin really hard?” Jongin still looked uncertain. Kyungsoo nodded his head, his beautiful smile never leaving his lips.

“Hyung will cheer the loudest.” Kyungsoo assured the other. Jongin smiled.

-X-

“Xiao Lu!” Sehun leaped on Luhan as soon as the blonde appeared in his line of sight. Luhan smiled brightly as he let Sehun comb his hair with his fingers. As usual, Luhan tells about his day to Sehun. Kris and his kids came over that night. They were planning a family sleepover at Suho’s apartment.

“And you know Hunnie,” Luhan flipped so he was on his stomach. Sehun who was sitting in front him gave Luhan his undivided attention. “Yixing got into a talent show!” Sehun thought back. He had heard that word somewhere…

“Oh, so does Baekhyunnie, Chanyeollie and Jonginnie hyung!” Sehun finally remembered as he chirped happily.

“Really?” Luhan clasped his hands together. “We can all watch together then at the show!” He pulled Sehun closer and hugged the baby. “I wanna sit next to Sehunnie!”

“Sehun wants to sit next to Xiao Lu!” Sehun managed to say and snuggled into Luhan’s warm pajamas. As the both of them were happily cuddling with each other, Chen was busy building his Jenga tower, Yixing watching closely behind.

“What am I going to sing, Chen?” Yixing asked as he handed Chen another Jenga block. Chen took it and thought hard.

“Twinkle twinkle little star?” he suggested as he carefully stacked the block.

“Hm, no.” Yixing shook his head. “Xingie no sing Twinkle twinkle little star.” Yixing thought hard again. As he watched Luhan and Sehun roll around, he noticed a small purple flower on Sehun’s pajamas. His brain suddenly lit up. He stood up and raised his index finger into the air.

“I know!” He said happily. “I will sing Barney songs!” He then stopped. “But no,”

“Why not?” Chen asked. “I think it’s a great idea!” he said.

“But Barney is so famous; everyone is going to sing it!” Yixing sulked and sat back down on the floor. “I need something else!”

“What about unicorns?” Chen asked, completely abandoning his Jenga tower and now focusing on Yixing. Yixing thought hard before he remembered a song he had in Suho’s iPod. He used to play that when they had long road trips, and Suho would always put it on replay for him.

“That’s it!” He pulled Chen up. “Come on!” he turned around to run. Unfortunately, he ran straight into Chen’s Jenga tower that he spent the last 15 minutes on. Chen had a pure horror look on his face as he sank on his knees.

“My tower,” he whispered sadly.

“Chennie? Xing is sorry,” Yixing said and looked down. Chen exhaled and stood up, taking Yixing’s hands in his.

“It’s okay,” Chen said brightly, instantly making Yixing happy too. “We can make it again.” He tugged on Yixing’s hand. “Where do you want to go?” he asked.

“Oh, right!” Yixing dragged Chen and they disappeared in the corridor. Xiumin just stared at the mess his brothers just made and went there to clean it up. As he was putting the blocks back into the box, Tao walked over to him and pushed a toy giraffe into his hands.

“Play with me,” he said with a smile. Xiumin laughed as he nodded. He took Tao’s hand and they sat at the corner of the living room. Kris and Suho were making desserts in the kitchen, and Baekhyun and Chanyeol were more than happy to help.

“Appa, where does this go?” Baekhyun waved a packet of chocolate chips. Suho pointed to Kris who was making milkshakes.

“Kris appa can I taste it?” Chanyeol said as he gripped the edges of the island, eyes hoping for a little sneak peak of the delicious looking milkshake. Kris scooped up a bit with a spoon and fed it to Chanyeol. Chanyeol smacked his lips for a while, trying to distinguish the heavenly taste in his mouth. “Wow!” He jumped and raised his hands in the air. “This is amazing!” He grabbed Baekhyun’s (who just got to them so he had no idea what the hell the giant was talking about) shoulders. “Baekkie, this is the most magical milkshake I had ever tasted!”

“Really?” Baekhyun’s eyes went wide.

“I can feel the glitter and the rainbow on my tongue,” Chanyeol said and closed his eyes. Baekhyun’s gaze drifted up to Kris.

“When is it going to be done?” he whimpered at Kris. Kris laughed as he patted Baekhyun’s head.

“A bit more. We need these,” he took the chocolate chips from Baekhyun’s hands and sprinkled it on a cup. “Here,” he placed a straw in it. “You and Chanyeol be good boys and share. Remember, don’t spill it,” he reminded Baekhyun as he gave him the cup. Baekhyun’s eyes shone as he dragged Chanyeol to the living room where Kyungsoo and Jongin were watching a Winnie the Pooh movie. Baekhyun carefully climbed on the sofa with Chanyeol in pursuit. As soon as the two troublemakers are seated and comfortable, Baekhyun snuggled into Chanyeol as the two shared the milkshake together, eyes glued to the screen.

Kyungsoo was too busy pacifying a sniffing Jongin to even notice Baekhyun and Chanyeol had sat next to him. He handed Jongin another tissue as Jongin blew on them.

“There, there, Jongin. No need to cry,” he patted Jongin’s head.

“But, but,” Jongin wiped the snot trickling down his nose. “Tigger didn’t find his family yet.” Jongin blew his nose. “I’m sad,”

“He’ll find them, don’t worry,” Kyungsoo reassured Jongin. Jongin just nodded and kept on watching, the occasional tear slipping down his cheeks. Whenever it did, Kyungsoo quickly wiped it away, not wanting to see Jongin cry.

“Hyung,” Jongin whispered as soon as he sniffs. Kyungsoo looked at him from the corner of his eyes. “I love you,” he said and snuggled into Kyungsoo’s arm. Kyungsoo smiled and hugged him back.

“I love you too, Jonginnie.”

-X-

“Yixing calm down,” Kris crooned to his son. It was the talent show day, and Yixing was completely loosing it backstage. “Yixing, you’re going to be alright.”

“B-but, there’s so many people out there,” Yixing shakily breathed out. “I-I can’t do this, appa,”

“Xingie, look at me,” Kris kneeled down and looked at Yixing in the eye. “You can do this sweetheart.”

“But I didn’t practice enough!” Yixing protested. He fiddled with the fluffy scarf tied around his neck. “What if I mess up?”

“Xingie, appa has watched you practice a lot of times. You are amazing, darling.” Kris said gently and kissed Yixing’s forehead. Yixing’s tensed face relaxed into a smile.

“You really think so?” he asked timidly. His grip on the microphone in his hands lessened a little. Kris smothered Yixing’s nicely styled hair.

“I know so. Go out there, honey. I’ll be right here.” Kris promised. Yixing looked at his father.

“Promise?”

“Promise,” Kris nodded his head. As soon as he said that, the announcer called out Yixing’s name, and the crowd clapped. Yixing casted his father one last look and took a deep breath before walking on stage. The whole crowd that filled the large auditorium was focused on him.

“Um hello. My name is Yixing and I like unicorns,” he said shyly. Some of the people in the crowd clapped, encouraging Yixing to speak more. Yixing, more confident, thanks to the crowd’s applause, stood up straight and smiled. “So I would like to sing a song about unicorns.” After he said that, the music started and Yixing started singing.

Pink fluffy unicorns dancing on rainbows
Pink fluffy unicorns dancing on rainbows
Pink fluffy unicorns dancing on rainbows
Pink fluffy unicorns dancing on rainbows

Pink fluffy unicorns dancing on rainbows
Pink fluffy unicorns dancing on rainbows

Yixing danced and wiggled a bit as he sang the song. The crowd clapped in amusement. Kris backstage stood proudly as he watched his son sing confidently on stage.

“Pink fluffy unicorns dancing on rainbows!” Yixing threw his hands up and sprinkled pink glitter everywhere for his finale. The crowd at the front row stood up and clapped their hands. Yixing smiled in satisfaction. Even though he was tired and sweating, the crowd loved it! Yixing bowed deeply.

“Thank you for listening to me sing,” he said and ran backstage, straight into Kris’ open arms. He giggled as Kris kissed his face multiple times.

“I am so proud of you,” Kris exclaimed to his son. “Did you have fun?”

“I did,” Yixing said. Kris smiled as he rocked Yixing in his arms.

“Come on. Let’s watch Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongin’s performance down there,” Kris carried his fluffy son back to their seats.

“Yixing you were so good!” Suho complimented as soon as he was seated next to him. Yixing blushed and looked down.

“Thank you, Suho appa.” Suho smiled at the cute boy and pinched his cheeks.

“Aren’t you the cutest little thing,” Sehun on Suho’s lap giggled and extended both of his arms towards Yixing.

“Xing hyung good. Hunnie likes.” He mumbled. Yixing smiled at the baby’s comment.

“Thank you, Sehun.”

-X-

“And I would like to welcome, Chanyeol and Baekhyun!” Suho and Kris’ family clapped the most as two kids walked on the stage. Suho facepalmed as he saw Chanyeol’s lips smeared in chocolate and Baekhyun’s clothes littered with glitter. Baekhyun had a driver’s hat on him, and Chanyeol held a steering wheel.

“Hello my name is Baekhyun and this is Chanyeol.” Baekhyun pulled Chanyeol’s arm so he could stand closer to him. To say that he was nervous was an understatement. He feels like peeing in his pants right now.

“And we’re going to sing a song!” Chanyeol chirped happily from behind, not like his quivering brother. The background music started, and both of them sang.

The wheels on the bus go round and round,
round and round,
round and round.
The wheels on the bus go round and round,
all through the town.

The wipers on the bus go swish, swish, swish;
Swish, swish, swish;
Swish, swish, swish.
The wipers on the bus go Swish, swish, swish,
all through the town.

The horn on the bus goes beep, beep, beep;
Beep, beep, beep;
Beep, beep, beep.
The horn on the bus goes beep, beep, beep,
all through the town.

The people on the bus go up and down;
up and down;
up and down;
The people on the bus go up and down;
all through the town

“Uh,” Chanyeol seems to forget the next line. Baekhyun eyed him with panic. Suho facepalmed again at Chanyeol’s next made up line. The crowd laughed.

The candy on the bus goes munch munch munch;
Munch munch munch;
Munch munch munch;
the candy on the bus goes
munch munch munch;
All in Chanyeollie’s mouth!

At the last line, Chanyeol spread his hands over his head and kneeled while Baekhyun smiled behind him, placing his face in the gap of Chanyeol’s arms. The crowd clapped.

“Thank you! Bye bye!” Baekhyun waved and raced off the stage. Chanyeol bowed and gave them a toothy smile.

“Bye! Chanyeol likes candy!” he said before chasing after his brother. At that line, it was Kris who facepalmed.

-X-

Jongin’s palms were wet as he paced around in the small room. His grip on the microphone tightened and loosened. He was a nervous wreck. Thank god his performance was the last one. He heard a lot of laughter before seeing Baekhyun and Chanyeol come backstage.

“Good luck, Jonginnie!” Chanyeol gave him a thumbs up.

“You’ll do great!” Baekhyun assured as they exited. Jongin could only smile bitterly as he watched his brothers’ exit to the seats.

“You can do this, Jongin.” Jongin repeated to himself. “You can do this!” he gave himself a little strength. After 2 other agonizing contestants, it was his turn.

“And last but not least, I present Kim Jongin!” The announcer said his name. Jongin took a deep breath and walked on stage, cold sweat making his bangs stick to his forehead.

“My name is Jongin,” he said and bowed. The crowd cheered and clapped. Jongin’s eyes scanned the dark audience, trying to find that one face. Kyungsoo’s face was brighter than the other faces, Jongin concluded when he saw him. His abnormally beating heart calmed down as he relaxed at the sight of Kyungsoo’s smile. “I’m going to sing the song ‘Angel’.” Jongin closed his eyes and sang.

This moment feels like I was born as a child who knew nothing
I closed my eyes again in case it would be a dream
You were standing in front of my desperate self and praying
Just once, I want to walk side by side with you

Jongin pictured Kyungsoo in his mind as he sang.

 

Taken by the soft wind to your world
you asked me brightly where I came from to your side
and I told you that It was a secret
Wherever we walk together
Will be paradise

You are an eye-blinding entity compared to Michael
who would remember you; I will not forgive it
like the beginning when stepping into Eden
believing you every day from the bottom of my heart

I always want to protect you
So that even the small things won’t tire you out, I’m eternally in love

As your guardian, I will block the stiff wind
Even though people turn their backs to you
if I could become the person
who can wipe your tears on a tiring day
it will be paradise

I, who has fallen in love with no other place to
Go back, my wings have been taken away (oh no)
Even though I lost my everlasting life, the reason to my happiness
You are my eternity
Eternally Love

 

“Jongin wants to be your guardian angel, Kyunggie hyung. I love you!” Jongin said at the end of his song and bowed. The whole crowd stood on their feet and clapped. Jongin couldn’t hear what the announcer was talking, because he was looking at a broadly smiling Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo mouthed something to him that made Jongin’s smile wider.

 

I love you too

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yo! I hope that satisfies your Baby EXO needs :D

 

Yixing's song:

Pink Fluffy Unicorns Dancing On Rainbows