Prologue-In the beginning

Hidden from Humanity

One fine day fourteen years ago, in a place unseen by human eyes, a young boy was skipping stones by the lake.

Park Kyung was a healthy boy. He had auburn red hair, thick lashes and beautiful red lips. Kyung was the eldest son of a demon prince and the prettiest of water pixies. He had retractable teeth and horns, a demon trait, but he possesed no claws. He was also very strong and had the ability to hover in the air and could walk on water, like his mother.

"Sky! Gi Yeul!" He yelled in his childish voice. "Twelve skips! Beat that. Ha!"

On each side of the playful lad was a pair of people so inhumanely beautiful.

"Yeah yeah Kyung! You the man!" A male of about nineteen with electric blue hair smiled, his claws scratching his head in defeat. Kyung broke into a huge smile, revealing his two sharp teeth. They glinted in the sunlight.

"Oh really?" A pink haired girl let a small smile graze her exquisite face. She sprinted lightly into the air with a smooth rock in her hand, hovering slightly, and lashed it at the water.

"Fifteen!" She laughed, her giggles were like wind chimes, a tinkling sound. The young boy pouted.

"Hmph!" He stuck out his tongue and made a face. "I hate chu, Sky!"

The three of them were having fun. Laughing and skipping rocks. Sky and Gi Yeul treated Park Kyung as their brother. The pair of them were friends, and had a mission to protect Kyung.

Sky is a water pixie. No, she does not have wings. She can suspend in the air with the lightest touch. She has massive strength packed in her small build. Pixies have everlasting beauty and can live forever if not harmed on purpose.

Gi Yeul is a demon. He's the nephew of Park Jeong Seok, Kyung's father. He has retractable claws and sharp teeth, like a wolf's. Demons aren't really evil, they just get angry very easily and are really playful which made them a magnet for trouble.

Those days, in that world, all creatures regardless of species lived together harmoniously. It was a world of beauty and serenity. All the creatures lived together as friends, with one rule.

YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO GIVE YOUR HEART TO YOUR OWN KIND.

But Park Jeong Seok and Kim Hanna defied the order. A demon and a water pixie, fell in love and now, they were being tracked by the high court.

Both of them brought their unborn son to a discreet place in the heart of a forest with a few trusted people and created a place where they could hide.

"Bye Kyung!" Sky and Gi Yeul went back after hours of enjoyment. Little Park Kyung played with the small animals by the lake.

"Kyung!" Park Jeong Seok yelled all of a sudden. Then the sky darkened and thunder rumbled. Park Kyung ran back to his father's side.

"Dadd-" he was cut off by his father.

"Take only what you need. They're coming!" Fear and worry was the only emotion visible in the demon prince's eyes. Kim Hanna was sweating as she grabbed some things from the kitchen and living room.

"Kyung hurry!"

Kyung was scared and did as he was told. He hurriedly took two pairs of dragon hide vests and a plain t-shirt and stuffed them into a small rucksack. He put on his sandals and was about to leave his room but turned back.

"Hurry!" His mom yelled.

"Wait!" The young boy scrambled to his desk and fumbled around with shaking hands till he found a locket. He clutched it tight and ran out as fast as he could.

Sky and Gi Yeul were waiting outside looking nervous and frustrated. Gi Yeul picked Kyung up and called out.

"Uncle!" He yelled and the two older people ran out. They raced away from where they were, panting. But as it always was in this cruel world, they were too late.

"Park Jeong Seok! Kim Hanna! Stay where you are!" A group of people were carrying torches as they chased through the wet forest. Park Jeong Seok suddenly stopped in his tracks and ran to the front.

"Gi Yeul," he gave the other demon a look and Gi Yeul put Kyung down with a grave look. The blue haired boy ran to the back of their small team as fast as he could and transformed.

He was as demon as you expect, his eyes turned bright purple, his lethal claws were out, his body expanded in an inhumane way to reveal a sturdy chest and strong back. Strapped to Gi Yeul's back was a flashing blue sword as long as an arm. He looked back at a horrified and scared Sky and gave a reassuring look. She nodded in tears.

With no time to lose, Park Jeong Seok knelt down in front of his son.

"Kyung, my son you, have to, protect yourself, I love you okay? And remember, love has no boundaries, give your heart to whoever you LOVE. Grow up to be strong and brave!" He said extremely fast and went to join Gi Yeul.

As the older demon was transforming, he yelled back in a hoarse voice to the two frightened women and child.

"Go! We'll catch up with you!"

Kim Hanna was crying but she had to what she must. She picked up little Park Kyung and sprinted away, half in the air with Sky following behind. She did not look back but she knew this was the last time the couple of them would ever see each other.

Park Kyung felt hot tears on his head, he saw his mother crying uncontrollably. He did not say much but he knew what was going to happen. What his dad said, what he must do, he will never see his loving father ever again.

He clutched the locket around his neck. "Appa, saranghae." He said. The rain didn't stop and now he was happy his mother couldn't see that he too was crying.

In another world, six year old Byung Hwi Jae screamed as she woke up from the thunder crashing.

"APPA!!" she shouted, memories flooding back into her head as she sobbed into her blanket. Her mother rushed to the room to console her poor daughter.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Kyunggie GIF:D

Don't ask me why, I just think this gif says something about the story:)