1/1

Unforgettable

Life with Ryeowook meant that Jongwoon was constantly surrounded by different states of music – from beautiful hand crafted melodies, cheesy pop songs on the radio, and clear sweet voice providing all the background music his life could ever need.

It had been that way since he'd first met the younger – random scales ringing through their campus music building. It would be like an adventure to him, winding through the buildings hallways in search of the beautiful man who always sat by the departments oldest piano, worn keys tucked into the back of the abandoned music room on the third floor.

When he'd finally asked the man – Ryeowook – out, wide eyes and light pink blush dusting his cheeks as he sat on the old bench, hands still resting on the ivory keys, Jongwoon had realised that he could never return to the silence that has once existed in his life.

Before Ryeowook, Jongwoon hadn't particularly considered himself a romantic, choosing to simply express himself through words. But as Ryeowook's melodies surrounded him – became apart of him – Jongwoon found that part of him awakening, wanting nothing more than to give the world to his little musician. 

Sitting at the small piano Jongwoon had bought him when they'd first moved in together, a warm, whimsical melody weaved through the air, filling the apartment as Ryeowook played. It reminded Jongwoon of bright summers day, and of Ryeowook himself.

He pulled the younger from the piano bench with a smile, the younger squeaking as he was spun around the room before gently landing in Jongwoon's firm grip, head just reaching the top of the others shoulder.

“Jongwoon wha--”

“just shhhhhhhh” Jongwoon whispered, brushing his lips gently against the shorter mans forehead as they swayed. “Just follow the melody.”

“but I can't dance”

“then I'll dance for you...”

Lifting the smaller softly he placed Ryeowook's feet atop his own, making sure the other was steady before he started to sway once again. Soon Jongwoon began to sing, husky voice filling the room with slightly jumbled english while Ryeowook closed his eyes, sighing in content.

Soon they were waltzing around the entire apartment, Ryeowook's clear voice joining in harmony as the song built in momentum. Suddenly Jongwoon brought them to a stop, song reaching its peak as the pair looked at each other in silence.

“You're unforgettable” Jongwoon finished, note hanging in the air, filling the room as they grinned at each other.

With Ryeowook everything was a melody, their love being the loudest of all.