Painful Memories

Hidden

"Ummmm...Well...." Mr. Choi continued to stammer, only to be interrupted by Mr. Sun, who shouted screamed, "DONG WATCH THE ROAD!!!", just as Mr. Choi swerved, just in time, to avoid a head on crash with a truck. I bashed into the car door from the sudden turn, and remembered how my black eye hurt, and my stomach. Then all of a sudden I fall asleep. And I start to dream:

"Awwwwww.... isn't little Dongsaengie cute~!" I her a little boy say. I look and see a baby in a craddle. "Of course she is, and I just hope that you will treat her nicely." a older woman in a chair says. "Why wouldn't I?" the little boy asks. "Just listen to your unma." an older man who is standing behind the woman saids. "Okay." the little boy answers. They stand in the baby room and watch the baby girl sleep. Looking closely at the baby, and she kinda reminds me, of well, me. "Mi Kyong, Mi Kyong, Mi Kyong. I'm your oppa. And you're my little, baby sister. I'll be nice to you and you be nice back." I hear the little boy say. That's right, the little boy called the baby, Mi Kyong, which is my name I look even more closely at the baby, and now that I think of it she looks exactly like me, and so does the mother in this dream. I started to cry, what happened, it seems like I could have a better life than the one I've been living. Why? I tried to stop crying, as the baby girl opens her eyes, and starts to laugh. And everyone in the room starts to laugh. For one of the rare times in my life I feel really happy.

     Then my vison began to blur, and I wake up in the guest room of the Sun House Mansion. I reach up to wipe the tears off of my face from the crying I did, only to start crying again. What happened, why wasn't I living in that happy family, instead having to live with a brute. For the first time I took into consideration of what Sun Hee said, about Chin Ho not being my real dad, that would explain our different last names. I was about to get out of bed and walk to the bedroom across the hall, which was Sun Hee's, only to remember that she's gone. A flash back played back in my head, of Sun Hee telling me to run, and the gun shots, and then the image of Sun Hee's body covered in blood, slowly falling to the ground. The all of a sudden I hugged my knees, which were under the covers, and hugged them to my chest and started to cry again, but this time harder. Realizing that my only friend, my best friend, my unnie, died trying to save my life, and I was too stubborn to  not even believe what she said about Chin Ho, that I thought she was lying to make me feel better. Then I cried even harder about how I was such a bad friend, I didn't even believe her. I just kept crying, for who knows how long. And the bed sheets got all wet, and started to stick to my skin, and I started to feel uncomfortable, but I just sat there continuing to cry, harder and harder. Then when the sheets got too wet, and my tears weren't dry yet, I just continued to cry with my face in my pillow.

    *TIME SKIP*

     About an hour later, when my tears actually dried up, I climbed out of bed, and changed into my clothes that I kept in the closet, because sometimes, most of the time, when my appa I mean, Chin Ho was being too violent, I would sneak out of the house, and call Sun Hee from some pay phone somewhere, and her and her driver would pick me up, and drive me to her house. So that's why I had clothing at her house. I got a T-shirt and my blue skinny jeans and went into the bathroom. I took a shower, and then changed, and started to brush my teeth, when I remember the one time Sun Hee and I played dress up and we pretended that we were ballerinas, that was when we were three, in this same bathroom. And I started to cry again, while brushing my teeth. Then I stopped crying, only to start again, when I was brushing my hair. When I was done, I went back into the bedroom, only to start crying on the bed again. Unnie, I miss you. Why does everything that's good or happy for me always gets taken away? Why? Why?