003

Summer Colors

Jong Suk tapped his pencil impatiently against his sketchbook. The designer asked him to start working on fall trends and concepts but the warm weather and hot sun streaming through the window of the office wasn't helping him get into the Fall the mood. His promotion finally got him moved from the small, cluttered cubicle several rows away from the windows to a much more spacious one right next to the windows. The view of the city and the sky definitely helped his creativity and his mood but sometimes it was distracting, like now.

 

"Jong Suk," his boss calls from the elevator.

 

"Yes?"

 

"You have a visitor," she walks towards him with a fast pace and someone standing directly behind her so Jong Suk can't quite make out who it is. She bends down to his ear when she reaches his desk, "He's quite cute, too, if this isn't your boyfriend let him know I'm interested."

 

She winks and walks away. Jong Suk stares after her stunned for a few moments before turning to face who she brought in. The last person he was expecting was Seo In Guk. In Guk laughs nervously looking around the office.

 

"I met with her to get you're number but she said she'd just bring me to you to get it," In Guk explains an awkward smile frozen on his lips.

 

"I thought I said I had a boyfriend."

 

"Yea but that doesn't mean we can't be friends or something at least. Right? I mean, you guys could break up and I wouldn't even mind being a rebound if it was you," In Guk winks trying to be suave but fails.

 

"Where's all the cockiness from the shoot," Jong Suk raises an eyebrow.

 

"Ah. I'm surprised I was so charming then. It normally turns out more like this. But I swear I'm fun to hang out with. When do you get off? Want to grab a drink?"

 

"Yah! Lee Jong Suk!"

 

Jong Suk looks around In Guk to see Woo Bin panting and running off the elevator to him.

 

"Woo Bin-ah, what are you doing here?"

 

"Woo Bin-ah," In Guk questions turning around.

 

"Jong Suk. Please tell me you weren't going to go out with him."

 

Jong Suk stands up grabbing a tissue from his desk and wipes the sweat from Woo Bin's forehead.

 

"Yah. Don't you know me better than that," he replies softly.

 

"Wait. Jong Suk. Your boyfriend was Woo Bin? God I feel like an idiot. I'm sorry Woo Bin. I should have taken you're lack of response at his picture as more than just being stunned by his beauty."

 

"Wait. How do you know In Guk-ssi," Jong Suk questions.

 

"We've become pretty good friends through photo shoots," Woo Bin mumbles finally catching his breath, "I thought you were acting weird last night. Was it because he was asking you out?"

 

"What? No. I told you it was work stuff. It's still bothering me actually," Jong Suk points to his open sketchbook with scribbled out rough drafts.

 

Jong Suk knows it's technically lying even if work is really bothering him. He should just tell Woo Bin it's getting stale. Maybe he should break it off before he starts thinking it'd be nice to date someone else. Someone like In Guk his brain whispers but he quickly shoves that thought aside.

 

"I swear Woo Bin, if he was still going to say he had a boyfriend I was just going to offer to be a friend."

 

Woo Bin looks at In Guk for the first time since he arrived. Jong Suk can feel all the eyes of the office on them and he knows he'll be the water cooler topic for the next week.

 

"I'll be right back," Jong Suk says not letting either man reply. He walks to his boss's office, tells her he's leaving early and he'll make sure to put it in as personal time. He walks back to his desk and packs up.

 

"Let's go somewhere else and talk," Jong Suk says grabbing Woo Bin's hand and leading them to the elevator.

 

No one speaks as Jong Suk leads the small group out of his office building and to a small bar around the corner. He grabs a table and they order drinks.

 

"So..." Woo Bin starts.

 

"I swear Woo Bin, I didn't know. I would have never-"

 

"It's fine, Hyung. I know. I'm not mad," Woo Bin sighs taking a drink from his scotch on the rocks, "I just. It's been a crazy day."

 

In Guk nods taking a sip of his own drink, "I hope the three of us can be friends. You know how I am, Woo Bin. I tell you about a new cute every time I see you."

 

"That's fine," Woo Bin smiles. He looks down at his watch, "! I'm going to be late."

 

He downs the rest of his drink and grabs his bag.

 

"Jong Suk, I'll see you tomorrow, okay. I have to get to that photo shoot," Woo Bin stands, kisses Jong Suk lightly on the lips, and briskly walks out the door.

 

In Guk coughs to fill the awkward silence that settled in Woo Bin's absence and a few seconds later adds, "You haven't said much."

 

"Sorry. I'm just thinking. Still kinda stuck in work mode."

 

In Guk nods taking another drink just to do something. Jong Suk watches In Guk's Adam's apple bob from swallowing. The first words that come to mind are definitely not that of a faithful boyfriend. He averts his eyes and tries to look at anything but In Guk.

 

"Let's start over," In Guk smiles. "I'm Seo In Guk. Model. 27. Overall, awkwardly charming guy."

 

In Guk holds out his hand and Jong Suk can't help the small laugh that bubbles through him. Jong Suk takes his hand and gives it a firm shake, "Lee Jong Suk. Assistant fashion designer. 25. My boyfriend says I talk nonstop."

 

In Guk laughs lightly, "It's nice to meet you."

 

"Like wise."

 

Jong Suk spends the rest of the evening drinking and getting to know In Guk. It was an overall enjoyable evening. It turns out In Guk like indie movies and somehow they both end up at Jong Suk's place drunk off their asses watching Jong Suk's favorite indie movie that In Guk has never seen (not that he'll remember it).

 

Jong Suk wakes up on the couch sitting up with his back in the corner and his legs at awkward angles hanging over the edge. In Guk is sprawled across the rest of the couch with his head between Jong Suk's legs, right in front of his crotch. Jong Suk feels the heat rise in his cheeks and he moves In Guk's head as carefully as he can so he can stand up.

 

He's stretching when In Guk sits up and mumbles something. Jong Suk doesn't respond just looks at the older male.

 

"Waterrr," In Guk whines. Jong Suk doesn't move. "Please give me some water," In Guk whines again.

 

Jong Suk sighs and grabs a glass of water from the kitchen before returning to the apparent two year old on his couch. He holds the glass out to In Guk.

 

"Jong Suk-ah. Feed me. My hands are shaking too much to hold."

 

"Yah," Jong Suk's voice is raspy from drinking so much, "am I your nanny?"

 

"Pleeeeeeease," In Guk whines again. Jong Suk can't stand it. He sighs and holds the glass to In Guk's lips tipping lightly. A little bit spills from the corner of In Guk's mouth and it takes all of Jong Suk's energy to look away.

 

Jong Suk pulls the glass away and looks at the water still spilling down In Guk's chin and throat. There's a rattle of something by the door but Jong Suk ignores it. Instead, he instinctively bends down and wipes at the elder's mouth with his thumb leaning a little closer to In Guk than is really necessary.

 

It's too late for Jong Suk to realize the rattling was his door being opened by Woo Bin.

__________________

A/N: I'm still not really sure where this is going but I'm liking it. Thoughts, comments, concerns?