001

Summer Colors

Jong Suk pressed his face against the warm glass of the train window in an attempt to cool himself among all the passengers on the Red Line with him. Today he didn't get to ride with Woo Bin because he had to go to a photo shoot in Chinatown (something he wishes he was more upset about). Part of being the assistant designer is getting the fabulous job of making sure the chosen models are up to par.

The train lurches around a sharp corner and he holds on to the pole as well as the hanging strap for dear life. He rides the Metra everyday but it's nothing like the Red Line or any of the other lines for that matter. It didn't help that he was riding during rush hour so finding a seat was impossible. Instead he had flimsy hanging hand rails and metal poles with people pushing him into the doors. He got trampled whenever the doors opened; something not even his six foot one frame could deter.

He gets off a stop earlier than he should have if only to breathe less humid, body odor free air. He decides he'll shell out the cash to take a taxi back and moves on walking the extra blocks to the arch of Chinatown.

Their summer collection focuses on vibrant colors in both ethnicity of the models and clothes, so they're shooting in every major ethnic area within Chicago. The street under the arch is already closed off and the camera crew is setting up.

Jong Suk walks the set making sure everything is in place, introducing himself to the photographer and creative director, and generally waiting around for the models to show up. Obviously in Chinatown they got models of Asian descent (though Woo Bin wasn't chosen much to Jong Suk's dismay) and Jong Suk was slightly nervous since two of the three models were Korean. He's not sure why this makes him nervous but the last Korean person he met he's dating so it's unusual.

Jong Suk leans against the wall messaging Woo Bin on his phone while he waits for the models to appear. He's trying to add more spice to their relationship since realizing he's getting bored with it but it still seems the same day in and day out and he's definitely getting frustrated. More with himself than anything else.

"Who's this fine piece of man," he hears in Korean. Jong Suk jumps and turns around.

"Are you one of the models? You must be new. I'm Seo In Guk, this is Jung Eunji," a slightly shorter, muscular man says holding out his hand to shake after pointing at the petite girl beside him. Jong Suk can't help the way his eyes trail over the muscles showing through In Guk's rather thin day-go-tee. Jong Suk never considered himself a guy who liked muscled guys but In Guk pulls it off so well. The muscles pull and ripple with just slight movements from the other and grab his attention in ways Woo Bin's muscles never have.

As soon as the thought leaves his head, Jong Suk hates himself. He knew the relationship was getting stale but that doesn't discount everything they've been through together. Now, he was thinking about a guy with a nice set of muscles but whose personality so far definitely seems to be lacking. What is he thinking? Woo Bin is perfect. He yells at himself mentally.

"Lee Jong Suk and I'm the assistant designer for the collection your modeling. Try to be at least a little bit more professional," Jong Suk tries to chastise the man but he's having a hard time with the internal debate running constantly through his head. He feels bad for thinking In Guk is hot.

"I'm sorry but you designing is really a waste of beauty. You should try modeling sometime I'm sure you'd be great. Right, Eunji," In Guk asks. Eunji finally looks up from her phone, eyes Jong Suk from head to toe and back up, nods, and then continues doing whatever on her phone.

"Excuse her, she doesn't know how to interact with attractive people very well. Shall we-"

Jong Suk cuts him off, "look the other model is here. Let's get you guys into hair and makeup."

He sighs a deep breath of relief, closes his eyes and sags against the brick wall when In Guk is whisked away to a small tent set up down the street. But it's not long before the other is back and pestering him. He hears a small, fake shutter and he opens his eyes to catch In Guk taking pictures of him.

"Yah!"

"Sorry. I'm also a photographer and I just wanted to show you what you could do as a model. Don't get angry. I'll delete them," the shorter smiles and hands his phone to Jong Suk.

Jong Suk holds his glare a few more seconds then takes the phone shielding it from the sun to look at the photo. It's definitely a picture of him but he's never seen himself this way. He's sweaty and his hair is sticking to his forehead but it looks sensual instead of gross. His ankles are crossed and he has his fingers hanging on his pockets. The picture definitely looks like it came straight from a magazine. He's kind of amazed.

"So you have a point. Delete it," Jong Suk replies more harshly than he intended, "please."

"Aw! Seriously? I was hoping you'd like it too much to delete."

In Guk swipes his finger a few times on the screen and puts his phone back in his pocket. Jong Suk wonders if the man really deleted it but at this point he doesn't care.

"Are you already done?"

"Yea. I don't need a lot of makeup and my hair doesn't take long," In Guk says like it's something Jong Suk should know already, "so how old are you?"

"25," Jong Suk replies curtly. He doesn't want In Guk thinking he's interested but he can't seem to take a hint.

"Oh. I'm older. 27. You can call me Hyung if you'd like."

"I'd rather not. I don't even call my boyfriend Hyung," Jong Suk tries dropping another hint and this one In Guk seems to pick up on. His face falls slightly but it picks back up.

"Boyfriend, huh?"

"Yep."

"Well, I guess that's that then."

Jong Suk nods and In Guk walks away defeated. He's sure he's not going to have to deal with that again. The rest of the shoot is uneventful. In Guk is a great model. He knows how to move and flex his body for the perfect, most attractive angles. Which only succeeds into throwing Jong Suk's mind into overdrive. He wonders why Woo Bin's shoots (when the older describes them to him of course) don't ever seem to go as smooth as this.

The photographer finally calls it a wrap and says he'll contact him with the photos. Jong Suk nods and thanks everyone and prepares to leave when he's caught by the arm. He turns to look and see the one and only Seo In Guk.

The older hands him a piece of paper, winks, and says, "In case the situation with your boyfriend ever changes."

In Guk says the word boyfriend like he doesn't quite believe Jong Suk has one before heading down the street. Jong Suk hails a taxi and tries to remember why he liked Woo Bin.

____________________________________

A/N: So here is chapter one. Be prepared for angst, angst and more angst with this installment. Sorry I'm not sorry! Muahahahahahahaha.