1/1

White Carnation.

 

He wakes up in the morning sore and feeling as though he had been run over by a truck, much like every morning. He groans, and glances to his side. His eye's narrow as they gaze upon a familiar flower and he raises his hand to swat the thing off of his bed. Sitting up he sighs and gets out of bed. He walks into his bathroom and Sehun's eye's catch sight of the damage done this time. His hips are bruised and his neck is marked with bites. His eyes look tired and his lips are swollen.

 

Wasn't as bad as last time; at least.

 

He showers, it's hot and it burns but it manages to make him feel a little bit better. He dresses in jeans and a t-shirt and finds himself sitting in his living room not really knowing what to do with himself. It was Saturday so no work, and he didn't know if Tao was busy or not. He fiddled with his phone in his lap before scrolling through the contacts. He had friends, good friends who cared about him. Friends who wondered why he was sudden more inverted than usual. Why he didn't speak out as much anymore.

 

Why he wouldn't look Jongin in the eye anymore.

 

They'd probably hate the other if Sehun told them; so he didn't.

 

Instead he stays silent and allows the others to treat Jongin as normal. With others, he was kind and sweet – he'd laugh along with Chanyeol or poke fun at Chen – but alone? He was rough, harsh – and it hurt. He didn't know why it was like this, he didn't know why Jongin just started treating him this way.

 

It had happened once – a drunken night. And ever since then Jongin would show up random nights, him until he was satisfied and when Sehun felt like he couldn't even stay conscious anymore. The thought of locking his door sounded wonderful, actually. But Jongin would just bang on it until he opened it anyway.

 

He wished he had the balls to yell, scream and fight back. But he just let it happen. Which made Sehun wonder.

 

Why didn't he?

 

He spent night after night wondering why he didn't say anything, why he didn't do anything. But it always lead to –

 

He used to be your best friend.

 

 

He used to smile and laugh with you.

 

He used to love you.

 

Always, it went back to the fonder memories, the shy kisses and loving gazes. The laughs and screams of joy and pleasure.

 

They were gone now.

 

Ever since – he got drunk, ever since that night. He'd been treating Sehun like a ing piece of trash.

 

A sob escaped his lips, he felt his heart literally pound in his chest as he clutched his shirt. It hurt, it hurt so much. He curled up on his couch and for the first time in months, Sehun cried. He screamed and sobbed and yelled at the world. For something it didn't have any control over. He asked god – any god that would listen; why this had to happen? Why did it have to end this way?

 

Because Sehun knew that it couldn't continue. He knew he had to leave, go far away, far away from Jongin.

 

And soon.

 

 

 

Kim Jongin loved his boyfriend, he really did. He loved how tall and silent he was. How goofy his smile would get and how amazing he would sound when he laughed – even though his laugh was a bit odd. He loved how his long fingers would slip through his hair at night and how he would leave soft kisses in the morning.

 

 

Only, he didn't do that anymore, and Jongin only had himself to blame.

 

It was never his intention for things to turn out the way he did, and he hated himself more and more everyday. He wanted to pretend things were okay, but he knew they weren't and they won't ever be the same. No matter how much he wished he could go back in time, he couldn't.

 

He made a mistake.

 

Jongin had never been the type to control his liquor, and he made the mistake of going to Sehun's after one of his and Chanyeol's many night's out. He practically Sehun, and he when he woke up in the morning, he felt horrible.

 

But it happened again, and he wasn't even drunk, he just wanted to hear the other scream, wanted to leave his mark. He hated himself, he was disgusting.

 

He left that damn flower by the bed each morning as an apology.

 

Jongin saw the petals on the floor each night.

 

With a long sigh, Jongin made his way to Sehun's apartment, he would try – try not to do anything tonight. He'd talk to Sehun, try to explain – though he knew deep down inside it wouldn't do anything. But he wanted to try at least.

 

He opened the door, surprised to find it unlocked. Peeking inside, he felt an uneasy feeling in his stomach. He stepped into the living room; taking note of how some of the pictures were off the walls. Slowly, he made his way to the bed room.

 

He almost cried then and there.

 

All over the bed, were white carnations. All of the petals scattered along the sheets, and on top of the pile, was a note.

 

Jongin reached forward and grabbed it, his eye's scanning over each line.

 

His heart broke.

 

But he was the one who caused it.

 

He fell forward onto his knee's and gripped the sheets on the bed, trying to keep his tears in. He'd done this, he had forced Sehun away with his cruel ways.

 

He had no one to blame, but himself.

 

I would say I'll miss you but I won't.

 

Goodbye Jongin. 

 


 

Short but meaningful, I feel like this ended well and this is how it should have ended. I hope you all enjoy it~