Chapter 2~

White,black,then that dash of love

 

"Bu-but Kyuhyun!This is totally outrageous and just wrong!You ca-can't leave me here...I'm your girlfriend!Oppa,please tell me why you're doing this to me!Please!Tell me what I did wrong,and we can fix our relationship and be together again!What is going to happen to us?"

 

Please,Kyunnie,tell me..."

 

The desperate voice rang out,and judging from the tone,it was obviously sad,heartbroken and tearful,but yet held that tiny twinge of hope that silently grew with every heartbeat.That this was all a joke,nothing more.That they were still lovers,boyfriend and girlfriend together.

 

 

A gentle leaf of hope,sprouting,only to be crushed by the ugly truth.

 

 

Kyuhyun couldn't take it anymore and sighed."Look,we are done,Hee-Ji.Don't call me,text me,Facebook me,or whatever that has to do with me.Hell,I don't want to ever see your face ever again,and there is no us from now on.Come to think of it,there was never a us.Now stop bothering me and let me get on with my day."

 

He sharply drew a breath,running his hand through his messy hair.

 

"Have I made it clear?"

 

A sob,then static,from the other end was all that answered to his harsh words,and yes,he had made it perfectly clear that he didn't want her anymore.

 

Rolling his eyes,he returned to attending the contents of his locker,sorting through his books and his things,an amused smile playing on his lips when he suddenly heard multiple oohs and ahhs behind him.Turning around,he found himself face to face with a group of girls staring at him a few feet away,and upon noticing he was looking at them,they squealed lightly and ran off quickly,giggling and pushing each other,while continuing to steal glances at him until they disappeared from view.

 

He watched them go,leaning against the locker.Somehow,his mind drifted to Hee-Ji,and he found himself thinking about her.

 

Han Hee-Ji was a pretty girl of about sixteen,and well,one could say she was a definite head-turner.Silky,model-like curls that cascaded,big brown eyes and milky white skin was just a few of her features.She was of average height, a smart straight A student and a total lover of comedy movies and sushi.Her life had been smooth,almost perfect.

 

But then he came into that life.It was easy.He smirked,closing the metal door of his locker before walking to the first class.She wasn't that bad,to be honest.He could still remember her smile,and the way they cuddled up when they watched a romantic movie together.

That was in the far past.

Now,she was just someone that he used to kiss.He wondered what had happened to her after she ended that call.Was she still crying?Likely.Mad at him and herself for trusting him?Probably.Wanting to scream all of this out into the sunset?Yes.

 

Did he feel sorry?Nah.

 

Truth be told,he was so lost in his thoughts that he nearly got himself stabbed in the eye.

 

-----------------------------------

 

Ryeowook tapped his left foot nervously to the beat of the song playing in his iPod,a gift from Sungmin.He was waiting for said person,and it was already getting late.Class would be starting soon,and Sungmin was nowhere in sight,lest he suddenly had the power of invisibility,and that was non-existent.

 

Around him,the atmosphere was noisy,with students yelling at the top of their voices as if they were in a particularly exciting football match,obnoxious loud laughter and snorts that garnered attention and a bunch of background chatter that Ryeowook didn't bother to pick up on.He had enough of the craziness and psych-up fakeness that some of the students here produced,and he didn't want to partake in any of it.Not with that K-idiot around,too.

 

He felt tired even though it was morning,and he thought of the alarm clock wearily with a smile.Somehow,that piece of junk always managed to withstand his early-morning tantrums,despite all the times Ryeowook unmercilessly had smashed it.He bought it at a stall in the market,and it was much better than any other timepiece,he agreed to himself.

 

Sungmin abruptly jolted him out of his reverie when he waved his hand at the latter's face,indicating that he had finished whatever he was doing."Done!Oh,you still have that iPod I gave you?That was such a long time ago!"

 

He curiously took out and poked one of the earbuds into his ears,then grinned."This beat is familiar...where did you hear it?"

 

Ryeowook grinned back as the song reached its chorus."I stumbled on it when we were in that market,the speakers from that shop was blasting out the tune.Anyway,what happened to you?"His voice took on a corcerned tone,worried for his friend.

 

"Mmm,I had a stomache,"Sungmin wrinkled his nose as he continued,"Do remind me not to ever eat those pancakes again from that stall.They are prescriptions to a doctor's visit."

 

"Ha,and you were practically at my feet begging me to lend you money because you didn't bring any!"

 

"They looked delicious when the man was spreading them out like that.Plus,he was selling those at ridiculously cheap prices too,so how could I refuse?"grumbled Sungmin.His face was starting to take on a shade of pink.

 

"And you didn't take it in that not a single soul was buying them?"

 

Sungmin was about to retort to that remark when they heard a commotion coming from one of the lockers.There was a loud,piercing shriek and then some cursing.A crowd had already gathered there,onlooking to the scene.

"YA! BE MORE CAREFUL NEXT TIME,YOU NEARLY GOUGED MY EYE OUT!"

A deep voice came,and instantly,Ryeowook recognised it as Kyuhyun's arrogant tone.He rolled his eyes,and took out his earplugs to hear better.

 

"I-I am sorry...I didn't mean to do that,I was just holding the pencil and swinging my arm,and you happened to be there..." the junior's voice stuttered out timidly,and he looked down in embarassment.Guilt was written quite plainly over his face too.

"Oh yes,and you couldn't swing your other arm,huh?What's wrong with it?What if my eye got poked out by a freaking 2B pencil?Then what would you do?Take out one of your eyes and replace it instead?"Kyuhyun's voice was laced with venom,and he advanced on to the frightened young lad,who wisely backed away accordingly.

 

"I am really sorry!Do you really think that it was my intention to hurt you?I would never do it,no!"He violently shook his head,hands gripping the pencil tightly,palms sweating,keeping his eyes on the tiger."Besides,nothing bad happened..."

 

"No,but you'll need a lesson that'll remind you of what you have done."Kyuhyun's fist slowly started to curl itself into a ball and he raised his fist menacingly.Immediately,the crowd caught what Kyuhyun was about to do and started to chant,some pumping their fists in the air.

 

"A fight! A fight! A fight!"

 

Ryeowook felt his stomach turn.He also noticed that Sungmin had turned pale,and gripped his hand tightly.There wasn't a teacher in sight,which meant that someone else would have to break up the fight.

 

Kyuhyun must have been really shaken to act like this.Usually he was rational,Ryeowook had to admit in his observations.How much did the pencil miss his eye,anyway?

 

Hang on.When did he even observed Kyuhyun?He furrowed his brow in momentarial confusion,then snapped back to attention.The junior had backed off already,shivering,but the wall of students allowed him no escape,instead shoving him back roughly into the circle they had formed.

 

"Aw,is the little boy scared?Do you want me to go easy on you so you'll have a lighter memory of this?"Kyuhyun laughed,continuing to advance.

 

The crowd of students sniggered,jostling one another.

 

Ryeowook felt something for the junior,having to face Kyuhyun's unneeded wrath.Seeing him curled up like that,with his back pressed to the lockers and alone,with his "friends" not helping him at all,scared of Kyuhyun.He looked so small and scared,hands instinctively curled up in front of him.He could swear that the boy was crying,as he caught a glimpse of tears at his eyes.

There wouldn't be enough time to fetch a teacher,he knew it.

And much as Ryeowook didn't want to have anything relations or connections with Kyuhyun,he decided to forget whatever he had thought.There was only one thing churning wildly in his mind:To stop Kyuhyun from hitting the junior,despite not knowing anything about the latter.This could be made up with words and apologies,not physical violence,he believed.

 

He felt his hand leave Sungmin's,felt himself pushing through the crowd,found himself in front of Kyuhyun.

 

The other's gaze shifted over to him,daring him to go further.

 

 

Their eyes met.

 

 

 

----------------------------

 

 

Wow,19 subscribers already?You guys are the best^^Thank you all for supporting,I really appreciate it as it gives me motivation to write more.Also,please leave comments so I'll know where to improve and what are your reactions,etc.