Prologue

Right Next To You

"Now, the two final contestants have completed their performance. Double Power and Kim So Jung, please come forward," said the MC in a booming voice that all MCs possess.

"Double Power, who do you think will take home today's trophy?"

"Me? I am confident enough," laughed Double Power. My last and final rival was an underground rapper from Busan. Despite his snide personality at times, we've gotten a lot closer in the six weeks of Show Me KPOP. Standing next to his tall figure on the huge stage, with all the spotlight on us, I could tell that he was nervous as hell beneath the cold demeanor he had on. I felt the same way. All the hard work I put in, the countless consecutive all-nighters at the practice studio. How far would it bring me? Second place? First? There was a huge difference between the two, and I desperately wanted to win the latter. Before, the win seemed so far from me. I had no idea that I would even make it this far. But right now, everything seemed possible. I could win this.

"So Jung-ssi, what do you think?"

"I want to win." My voice, full of power and determination, were quickly followed by loud cheers of the audience. I gave them a bright smile and a wave. They erupted into even louder screams, so loud they were nearly earsplitting. I was really grateful to them. Since Show Me KPOP is a 100% audience voting programme, I always want to thank them for liking me, for their love, for voting for me.

"Alright! Without further ado, please announce the voting results!"

I closed my eyes and prayed. Please.. let me win this. I want to win this, please please please please-

"Congratrulations, So Jung-ssi! The trophy is yours to take home!"

-and I opened my eyes to see the three blinking letters WIN next to my name, and I see the party poppers floating down towards me, I hear the audience roaring, screaming my name, I feel my mouth streching into a wide grin, and I find myself sinking down onto my knees in relief, in happiness and shock.

"I won," was what I thought. I really did it. I won.

And I let happy tears stream down my face.