New Package

친애 펜팔 친구 (Dear Pen Pal)

- Seoul, South Korea -

-December-

(SooRa's Point Of View)

   "I lost my MINDDDDDDD" I sang my heart out. Singing 'EXO - What Is Love" made me feel a whole lot better after a long, tiring day at school. Well, I only sang the 'singing' parts instead of the rapping parts. Seriously, rapping is so complicated. Anyway, singing in general made me feel a whole lot better also. Just as the song was about to end, I switched the song to 'EXO - Mama". I was learning the dance by memory - from watching their dance practice video over and over again, watching each member do their parts. Yes, I'm an EXO fan. 

  Each wall of my bedroom was covered in EXO posters. Chen, Xiumin, Tao, Kris, Luhan, Lay, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kai, Suho, and D.O was also on each wall of my bedroom. But one member who stuck out the most to me was Sehun. Oh Sehun.  The maknae that everyone loved. Everytime I would see him on variety shows on T.V, my heart skips a beat every single time of how CUTE and PERFECT he was. Knowing that Sehun would never notice a fan who loved him so much broke my heart a little. Everyone knows that would only happen in a fangirl's fantasy. 

 "MAMA MAMA"  My iPhone played. Of course, I had the EXO album too., because - why not? That was the best day of my life when my mother surprised me with a box - not just any ordinary box - but a box filled with good surprises. Inside that box, was EXO MERCHANDISE! I'm still excited over that, even though it's only been 2 weeks since my mother surprised me with that box. To be honest, my mother is a fan too. Not an EXO fan. My mother keeps fangirling over Shinhwa, saying that Shin HyeSung was her bias. I don't really mind, because I'll do the same eact thing about Sehun.

 "SooRa!" a woman's voice said from behind me. My Mother. Mother would always go into my bedroom unexpectly all the time, which kind of bothered me. A lot.

 "What?" I responded, annoyed. "Can you at least knock before coming in?"

I turned around to see Mother carrying a brown cardboard box, about half a foot long from estimating with my eyes. 

"Is this another gift?" I asked, curiously. 

"Nope." Mother responded back, quickly smiling. "It's something even MORE exciting!" Mother then placed the cardboard box on my desk and grabbed a boxcutter from my pencil cup, and started cutting the box."Come here"

I walked over to Mother and stood there, watching her cutting open the box.

"Wait, how do you know this is for me?" I asked.

"It's for you. I'm pretty sure it is." Mother replied, still smiling.

"What makes you think that?"

"There it goes." Mother said, taking a deep breath, totally ignoring my question and opening up the cardboard box.  

I slowly looked over to see what was in the box. To my surprise, there was a brown envelope and a small white teddy bear with a pink bow around it's neck. 

"Go ahead. Look into it" Mother said.

I picked up the brown envelope first, curious to see what was inside it. On the front, it said 

                     "To My Pen Pal"

"Pen Pal?!" I asked, puzzled. "Are you sure it's for me?"

"I'm sure it's for you!" Mother said, getting aggrivated. I could sense that she was getting annoyed from all of my questions.

"How do you even know that it's for me then?" 

"I signed you up for a pen pal at the post office. You know, just so you have someone to communicate with instead of me. Plus, you'll have another friend! And, you both will have to write to each other for a year and you'll both meet! Back in my day, we had to write letters and send them instead of email! Isn't that awesome?" Mother said, with enthusiam. 

I froze in silence, not knowing what to do. Pen Pal?! Why would Mother sign me up for a pen pal without asking me or telling me in the first place? 

"Mother, I already have a friend at school. Plus, what if my so called 'pen pal' was a erted old guy?! Anyway, pen pals are SO childish." I said, displeased. 

 

"SooRa, why would I sign you up for a pen pal if I knew there was a 'erted old guy'? Plus, friends come in all ages, SooRa. Pen pals are not childish, it's just for you to have something to do because you keep on complaining that you were so 'bored' all the time, SooRa. Just go with it, and write back to your pen pal." Mother said. I could tell she was angry as she was leaving my bedroom, slamming the door. I sighed and jumped on my bed, with the envelope still in my hands.

"I guess I'll just read it then..." I whispered to myself, as I started to open up the envelope carefully, trying not to rip it.

Dear Pen Pal,

The reason I called you "pen pal" is because I don't know your name yet. Well, should I tell you my name? Hmm...Maybe you should tell your name first 8). Haha. I don't know if I should tell you what I work as - well because I don't know you yet, and if I told you, would't it be all over the place? I should just tell you some facts about me.

1) I sing. Or rap. Or dance. I think I'm better at rapping. No way I can sing haha. I think I'm better at dancing too ^_^

2)I'm 181cm ! 

3)My favorite colors are white and black ^.^

Oh, by the way, I'm 18 years old. And, pleased to meet you (:. I'm living in Seoul, how about you? Write me back! Oh, and I hope you like that teddy bear (: . Just a gift ^,^ By the way, I'm a guy.

     -Your Pen Pal

Aish. Seriously, he didn't even tell me his name? Why would I want to know what he work as anyways?! Probably a garbage dump, for pete's sake. I placed the letter on my desk and grabbed a piece of printer paper and started writing with my pen.

Dear Whoever you are,

I didn't sign up to be in this so called "pen pal" thing. The thing is, my mother signed up for me, without my permission. So I'm not sure if I'm going to send this letter anyways.  

And why do I care if you're not going to tell me your name?  Or as you work as?! Okay, fine. I'm going to be nice now. Facts about me:

1) I'm 16 years old. 

2)I live in Seoul also. 

3)I moved to Seoul from America. Well, I was born in Seoul and then moved to America, then back to Seoul. 

Thanks for the gift. You should just tell me your name if you're going to write me back anyway. I'm not waiting a year for someone to tell me their name. T0 be honest, you kind of sound like a old erted guy to me. 

- Sincerly, Park SooRa.

I sighed and walked out of my room, and walked to the living room to get an envelope. To my surprise, Mother wasn't there. Usually, she would just be sitting on the couch, watching some variety show like 'Hello Counselor' or 'Running Man', but she wasn't. She'd always be on the couch, no matter what, unless she's running errands, working, or bothering me nonstop. I quickly grabbed the envelope and ran all around the house to find Mother. She wasn't in the kitchen, bathroom, and her bedroom. Strange. I walked into my room, placing the envelope by the letter and was running to the front door to see if Mother was outside. Instead of running outside frantically, there was a green post it note on the door. 

"SooRa, I'm going somewhere  quickly. Please stay home until I get back. Love you. Oh, and I'm going to read what you wrote to your pen pal when I come back."

I was in relief, but pen pal? No way she was reading that. If Mother wrote that, I'll be getting a one hour lecture about being mean to people. Walking to my room, I quickly folded up the letter I wrote and placed it inside the envelope, and the flap to keep it closed. Grabbing the pen, I wrote down my address and wrote down my pen pal's address, which I saw on the box. Running to the front door, I quickly put on my shoes and ran out the door. I ran as fast as I could to the Post Office, which was just a block away. Right when I got to the Post Office, I realized I forgot to write Mother a note that I was going to the Post Office. Eh. It's not going to take long for me to get back home anyways. I went to the dropbox and dropped off the envelope, breathing heavily from running for the past 30 minutes. People walked by and looked at me strangly, which I didn't mind because, of course, I would look at someone too if they were breathing heavily like a dog.

"Hey.." A soft voice said from behind me.

 

 

A/N:

Representation of SooRa's Apartment if you're confused ! Will also post on next chapter also (: